Hilarious death stories?

Yesterday, EHC was asking global for help to kill Merc Vaal cuz my KB couldn't shotgun him, was still goin thru pyramid at the time. A totem Hasted rare damage puncture snake snuck up on me while I was typing and I have no anti bleed flask so I panicked, set decoy to distract snake then quicksilvered and flame dashed away....right into a pack of bonestalkers.

RIP.
Last bumped on Oct 20, 2016, 11:54:36 PM
For some odd reason i read Hillary death stories :')
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
satanttin wrote:
For some odd reason i read Hillary death stories :')

Bwa-hahaha. ;-)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
SIQI wrote:
Yesterday, EHC was asking global for help to kill Merc Vaal cuz my KB couldn't shotgun him, was still goin thru pyramid at the time. A totem Hasted rare damage puncture snake snuck up on me while I was typing and I have no anti bleed flask so I panicked, set decoy to distract snake then quicksilvered and flame dashed away....right into a pack of bonestalkers.

RIP.

Pretty impressed that you made it all the way to act II merc without a staunching flask. Especially as a KB user! What did you do about corrupted blood?
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Oct 19, 2016, 3:03:45 PM
I mean the monster smacks you really hard and you die. Sometimes the setting changes and it was reflect.

Overall there's no really stories to tell anymore, I used to have them back in the day. Invasion league had more interesting stories and those were the random bosses smashing your face in. Same thing with beyond.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Oct 19, 2016, 3:55:21 PM
The only remotely funny death I had recently was me trying to flee from a bunch of monsters via Leap Slam and predictive mode deciding to warp me back into the pack 4 times until I died.
I miss leagues like invasion... like you died more, and a lot more crap sucked about it... but at least you went into the league KNOWING it was trying to kill you. Now everything is fine until you randomly die to 75% reflected damage (which has been fixed)
I guess I will have to buy a one way ticket to hell with your lives
I had a rather sad story yesterday with ripping my lvl 71 Assassin to a trap in one of the trials. I was too tired, panicked and ran back. Lesson learnt: Always run forward in traps, never back, even if you cannot see the exit (the door was almost impossible to see for some reason, looked like a dead end).

Now I am back to Standard :(.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Currently levelling a Fireball crit elementalist.

Other than starting Merciless with 1.8k hp and having my highest resist at like 45 (going full glass cannon because I'm bored), my best death was offscreening a pack of corrupting bloodlines. I went from nothing at all, to like 12 stacks of corrupted blood. I went "holy crap!" looked at all my flasks fully knowing that none of them had staunching since they were levelling flasks. So I just sat there looking at my character dying for like 3 seconds like a deer in headlights.
Lots of my Atziri deaths are funny because I've done the fight several times so I theoretically know what I'm doing.

There was that time that I accidentally clicked on Voll's Confession so my character decided to go read that instead of dodging Voll smash.

Don't turn on Blood Rage in a Vulnerability map while standing on corrupted ground. Or shocked ground. Just don't do that.

Identify rare strongboxes. Don't get one that freezes you and detonates dead (not sure yet how bad the new detonate dead is compared to the old one). Also be careful of random curse boxes if your plan is to lightning warp out of there.

Before I knew what his enrage looked like, I tried to facetank Merciless Argus. Now I know.

"
Char1983 wrote:
I had a rather sad story yesterday with ripping my lvl 71 Assassin to a trap in one of the trials. I was too tired, panicked and ran back. Lesson learnt: Always run forward in traps, never back, even if you cannot see the exit (the door was almost impossible to see for some reason, looked like a dead end).

Now I am back to Standard :(.

Sorry for your loss. I've also had some unfortunate (softcore) deaths in the labyrinth trials due to visual clarity issues like the paths being very dark and the doorways hard to see.
Softcore, solo self-found.
-----Currently: -----
Storm Call Occultist in Affliction
Last edited by SunsetVista on Oct 19, 2016, 7:01:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info