PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Do maps not drop enough for you? read this

I've spoken in the last few days about my frustration at trying to sustain even T11's. It's just not happening and to be blunt, it sucks. I feel like I'm doing everything right, but the only maps I'm dropping are low level. Lots of them.

So I'll try yet another experiment. I've just grabbed 5 T11's. Chiselled, alc'd, chaosed, corrupted (One went to T12). Spent more currency then the maps are worth just for the sake of this experiment. I chose T11's since they are apparently impossible NOT to sustain. As a side note, with the exception of corrupting *every* map, I've been doing all of this (Aiming for 80+ quantity with pack size and including frags) just to try and get returns. Because I hate buying content. Period.

Sooo.. when I get a chance to log back in, I'll run the following + frags and post the results. It's win-win for me. Either I get decent returns and I'm happy, or it highlights what some of us are facing and maybe there will be further suggestions to help out. At the end of the day, all I want to do is play the content and I cant do that without buying it at the mmoment. :( (And no, I dont have the currency to support buying maps)

Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 11:30:31 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
You can buy good layout T11 maps for 1c, why would you spend more than that rolling them? Maybe you play solo self found and I missed it but otherwise you overspent on those.

Yep, openly admitted in my post to overspending. I do mostly play solo and barely trade and because I detest having to buy maps, I usually over captilise on rolling them to try and get returns. I 'll do whatever I can to avoid buying maps tbh.

I've just run those 5 (Twinned, extra damage, -max resists laser was interesting :P). My drops..

That's not even close to sustaining. And this is what my average line has been for the entire league. Considering the qty/packsize on those maps + frags, I cant see anything else I can do to progress without doing the one think I hate the most (ie: going broke just buying maps.)
"
Spanka6663 wrote:
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
You can buy good layout T11 maps for 1c, why would you spend more than that rolling them? Maybe you play solo self found and I missed it but otherwise you overspent on those.

Yep, openly admitted in my post to overspending. I do mostly play solo and barely trade and because I detest having to buy maps, I usually over captilise on rolling them to try and get returns. I 'll do whatever I can to avoid buying maps tbh.

I've just run those 5 (Twinned, extra damage, -max resists laser was interesting :P). My drops..

That's not even close to sustaining. And this is what my average line has been for the entire league. Considering the qty/packsize on those maps + frags, I cant see anything else I can do to progress without doing the one think I hate the most (ie: going broke just buying maps.)

you need to unlock maps to drop atleast 2 tiers higher than what you are running imo.
and you spent too much for t11 maps.
Firstly, I want to make one thing clear... I'm not looking to point fingers and say "You're wrong" with this post (I hope it doesn't come across that way.. it's not intended to and if it does, I'll apologise in advance :P). I come into a thread like this genuinely looking for ideas, tips etc to help me with sustaining maps. Consider this as me doing due diligence to make sure it's not something obvious that I'm doing wrong.

"
kompaniet wrote:
you need to unlock maps to drop atleast 2 tiers higher than what you are running imo.

Good point kompaniet. I should have mentioned that I have 102% on atlas and DO have T12/13 open on the that line plus a few others.

"
kompaniet wrote:
and you spent too much for t11 maps.

Yes, on that I completely, 100% agree with you! But that is the exact point. I spent way too much and I still cant sustain even T11.

Remember though, this thread started with the quote below.. I used the lowest tier of red map (Easiest to sustain) and followed the instructions provided.

"
D3izhistory wrote:
Pretty simple..... do the below and you will never be out of red maps.
Chisel, alch, vaal, 1-3 frag ALL maps you can run

So imagine how frustrating it is, this far into a league, to run maps like I linked and still not be sustaining consistently. It's even harder to hear the numerous comments even in just this one thread when you are continually experiencing nothing of the kind.

All of these are from the first two pages of this one thread...
"
+ "Chaining as low as t11 or t12 should be no issue in this day and age"

+ "Map sustain has never been so trivially easy"

+ "If you are rolling maps correctly to begin with you wont have to buy maps once you have so much completion."

+ "t11 with atlas above 100% - they just endless"

+ " Even low level maps like t11 are red now and everyone can sustain t11 maps and t12 maps these days"

+ "I sustain t13-t16 maps with this method"

Anyways... as I said, I'm genuinely looking for answers on what to try. (And also to highlight that it is still possible to have problems even going overboard when rolling maps). Because at this point, it just feels like I must have offended RNGesus somehow :)
Last edited by Spanka6663 on Oct 22, 2016, 6:21:10 AM
"
Spanka6663 wrote:
I've spoken in the last few days about my frustration at trying to sustain even T11's. It's just not happening and to be blunt, it sucks. I feel like I'm doing everything right, but the only maps I'm dropping are low level. Lots of them.

So I'll try yet another experiment. I've just grabbed 5 T11's. Chiselled, alc'd, chaosed, corrupted (One went to T12). Spent more currency then the maps are worth just for the sake of this experiment. I chose T11's since they are apparently impossible NOT to sustain. As a side note, with the exception of corrupting *every* map, I've been doing all of this (Aiming for 80+ quantity with pack size and including frags) just to try and get returns. Because I hate buying content. Period.

Sooo.. when I get a chance to log back in, I'll run the following + frags and post the results. It's win-win for me. Either I get decent returns and I'm happy, or it highlights what some of us are facing and maybe there will be further suggestions to help out. At the end of the day, all I want to do is play the content and I cant do that without buying it at the mmoment. :( (And no, I dont have the currency to support buying maps)

i am interested to hear your results..... i suspect 5-10+t10-t14
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
"
D3izhistory wrote:

i am interested to hear your results..... i suspect 5-10+t10-t14

he posted his drops 2 posts down if you look.

it was one t11 and one 12

from four t11's and one t12

and i bet he didn't come close to making back the currency spend on buying the maps, chiseling, alching, vaaling and fragments

map pools WILL dry out for some people even when rolling maps this way. Then you buy some more maps, then maybe you get a lucky streak and get more high tier maps then you bought, or maybe you don't get shit and have to buy maps again. then maybe you get desperate and try to run some map with crazy mods because it has 140+ quantity and 40+ packsize; then you die and lose all your exp from the last 10 maps you run. fun stuff.

then some people get lucky with RNG and can sustain their map pools all season with no problems and think that should be the norm for everyone
Chill Jams
It is painful how often ppl (like OP) totally have no clue what RNG is.
It is painful how some ppl have so much luck.
It is painful how often ppl love to rub their luck in 2 people with bad RNG.

I do agree however with 2 things OP said;
This trick worked before atlas (2.4).
Sticky this so every 1 can see the stupidity of OP! Because RNG is really this simple people, if OP has good RNG everybody has good/the same RNG (LMAO;)
I'm, actually 125/126 . Atm i only use alch on t12-t13 , 2 chisel + alch on t14-15 ( maybe vaal depends on roll ) and 4 chisel + alch + beyond on t16 . I run any magic or rare unid map ( not t16 but ok x others ) without id it or using chisel on it .

This is m actuall pool

Spoiler

and i come from a negative streak of 2x t15 and 1 t16 withot any decent map drop ( a couple of t12 :\ )
NGI RULES !
Last edited by Fobes on Oct 24, 2016, 11:15:09 AM
honestly it seems easier than ever to sustain a map pool with atlas.
Last edited by grepman on Oct 24, 2016, 11:17:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info