Do maps not drop enough for you? read this

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

it was all fine and good when maps were just random areas you farmed for lewts..

but it is pretty clear high maps should be sustainable.
1 the atlas bonus.. if they wanted to keep the status quo they could have easily not added a bonus to the atlas
2 the post 95 exp nerfs... it is clear to me that ggg fully expects people to get to maps that give more experience but they dont want the 1evel 100 to be easy.. so this nerf is clearly to balance ultra high level progression with the thought that high teir maps are accessible
3 you have a bloody quest which requires doing teir 16 maps.. so yeah its core content now.

Map tier hardly matters any more for leveling speed. Best leveling strategies don't involve T14+ maps in 2.4, so I don't really see what you're getting at.

that is not 100% accurate. the best leveling strategies for ultra high leveling dont involve t14+ because the risk simply wont ever be worth the reward.

a level 99 cant afford to die.. so avoiding death is just as an important a factor to leveling as how much exp you get.

and plus once you get to an ultra high level... everything gives equally shit exp. so again risk vs reward

But before that ..im talking about people going to level 95... there is a pretty appreciable difference between a t11 and a t15 exp wise.

but yeah if you are going to 96 .. just crush whatever tier of map you dont need to put any effort into maintaining..

contrary to popular believe level 95 was not considered a reasonable goal for the majority of players.. that is actually a fairly recent thing.

and a few years ago level 90 was what most people just stopped

before that it was the high 80s ..

make no mistake the bar has been slowly moving up

risk vs reward indeed. id rather rip every portal and get some good lewt than cruise through an easy map or reroll one- orbs are king in this game now
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 11:25:26 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
The difference between a T14 and a T11 map is approximately one effective monster level.

Whoot? It's exactly 3 monster levels, what are you talking about?
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
hes talking about total exp per mob before exp penalties ... which ggg have been repeatedly nerfing to make shit as unintuitive as possible.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
hes talking about total exp per mob before exp penalties...

If that is what he was talking about then yes sadly he is right.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 11:26:10 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
hes talking about total exp per mob before exp penalties...

What else would I have been talking about in the context of leveling efficiency?

14-11=3
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
666lol666 wrote:

What else would I have been talking about in the context of leveling efficiency?

14-11=3

Which is not how it works...
U MAD?
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 11:29:07 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:

14-11=3

Very good! Now run along and finish the rest of your homework while the grown ups talk.

Hahaha. *stares at the floor*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info