Do maps not drop enough for you? read this

"
sendantes wrote:
no. i acrued a large pool of maps when i was on a heavy drop streak, but as i point out, as my atlas completion has gone up the rate of my drops has dwindled.

You're supposed to use profits you get from maps to buy more maps. Maps can be viewed as currency and vice versa so even after you've depleted your map pool, you just use your profits to buy more maps.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
you means the profits of an avg of 10-20 alt orbs per map run that i get from selling the loot i pick up and occasional fuse and jewel orb? lets not overstate the profits intake here. yes my currency stash is growing but it grows at a rate that would not sustain map purchasing.
Shitysushi - Arrow shooting build.
Sendeliriante - hollow palmer
"
sendantes wrote:
you means the profits of an avg of 10-20 alt orbs per map run that i get from selling the loot i pick up and occasional fuse and jewel orb? lets not overstate the profits intake here. yes my currency stash is growing but it grows at a rate that would not sustain map purchasing.

If your currency stash is growing then use it to buy new maps. As long as you break even then you are basically exp-ing for free. Surely you are able to find more than 20 alts per map and making some effort to sell rares that drop. Are you selling and running the right maps? Are you speccing correctly on your atlas?

I've been running t16's non stop for the past week and generating huge net gains. Chaining as low as t11 or t12 should be no issue in this day and age. Granted, I run with 80 IIQ so this skews my gains by a fair margin but there is no reason you should not be able to self sustain t12 indefinitely with trading and efficient play.

Map sustain has never been so trivially easy. As perspective, the cost of T12 shipyard map which was the highest tier at the time 2 years ago was about an exalt. Anytime a group managed to run a T12 shipyard it was a literal celebration. Now any schmuck can run it for the entry cost of 4 chaos orbs. Those same schmucks complain how they can't self sustain T15 maps with poorly optimized builds, bad loot picking habits and lazy trading. I'm not implying you are one of these people but it is too common to see someone complain about map sustain when they are doing something extremely sub optimal.

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Oct 19, 2016, 4:02:51 AM
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
sendantes wrote:

If your currency stash is growing then use it to buy new maps. As long as you break even then you are basically exp-ing for free. Surely you are able to find more than 20 alts per map and making some effort to sell rares that drop. Are you selling and running the right maps? Are you speccing correctly on your atlas?

I've been running t16's non stop for the past week and generating huge net gains. Chaining as low as t11 or t12 should be no issue in this day and age. Granted, I run with 80 IIQ so this skews my gains by a fair margin but there is no reason you should not be able to self sustain t12 indefinitely with trading and efficient play.

Map sustain has never been so trivially easy. As perspective, the cost of T12 shipyard map which was the highest tier at the time 2 years ago was about an exalt. Anytime a group managed to run a T12 shipyard it was a literal celebration. Now any schmuck can run it for the entry cost of 4 chaos orbs. Those same schmucks complain how they can't self sustain T15 maps with poorly optimized builds, bad loot picking habits and lazy trading. I'm not implying you are one of these people but it is too common to see someone complain about map sustain when they are doing something extremely sub optimal.

Its cyclical though, if you spend all your currency maintaining a map pool your gear will fall behind in context to the content your running as its expected you will trade for upgrades as well, high end upgrades cost an ever increasing amount which you never approach having to spend all your currency on maps.

These threads are basically pointless, you can make a char with the ability to run any map and do corrupted 8 mods and not get map upgrades then you can make a trashbag who only runs whites and go straight to 15 in a linear progression. The first character certainly has less chance of getting stuck, but it could still happen.

If every player had my map results this league for example nobody would have gotten past tier 11 because regardless of what map mods were run or what particular t11 it was, no t12's would have dropped to trade for ;)

So really its maximize your chances but don't be surprised if you don't get further for long periods of time, rng is rng.
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
sendantes wrote:
no. i acrued a large pool of maps when i was on a heavy drop streak, but as i point out, as my atlas completion has gone up the rate of my drops has dwindled.

You're supposed to use profits you get from maps to buy more maps. Maps can be viewed as currency and vice versa so even after you've depleted your map pool, you just use your profits to buy more maps.

If you are rolling maps correctly to begin with you wont have to buy maps once you have so much completion.. 118% is more than beyond that point.. At that point IF you are rolling maps correctly you will have maps instead currency for continuing to roll maps to continue to keep that map pool going is going to be the issue.. At Least in my Exp anyway.

I only had to buy maps to unlock once unlocked they drop and with 110%+ completion once its unlocked theres no reason to buy again but rolling costs to continue to see drops however will mean youre going to need to pickup every single hammer you see as well as low map to vendor for chisels and still need to buy more at points in mapping. And once your running T15 regularly same goes for Vaal Orbs you will always be running out of vaals. If your having to buy the maps to run in the first place with that much completion then you need to adjust the way you roll and run maps not buy more.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
From my personal expirience :

t11 with atlas above 100% - they just endless
t12-t13 main running place
t14 rare place, but you see them in drops too
t15-t16 extra hard to chain without trading, very rare to drop (if you not running 100 maps per day with mirrored gear ofc), huge exp rewards (till lvl 95-96)/good rares/shaper entry keys/new bases ilvl 84+ etc.

Tips to improve your atlas map progression fast:
If you get high lvl map, run it without vaaling, cuz if you get hard mods, its very high chance you get rekt in boss fight and map on atlas remains unopened. Your main goal is make maps able to drop, you can later get +1 with corrupted completion.
Dont run lets say t13 map if you still not open at least all tier 14 + couple 15 - its huge waste, missed maps drops made your pool deplete very fast.
Buy low lvl uniq maps - time investment to get them by yourself running low lvl hoping for drop not worth it.
Party with guys for highlvl uniq/usual maps atlas completion to save some money ( you can buy colloseum for 20c and its only 10/7c if you go 2/3 players party)
ign - FancySneakyDevil
"
sendantes wrote:
i alch every map and chisel 2min t12 and 3-4 chisels for any above, and i burned through about 40 maps and got back under 10 back of same or higher level. in last 2 weeks+ map drops just died for me. i have 118% atlas completion or 117%. and i can at tiems run a map with 110% and not get a single map drop at or same level of map i run. it feels as my atlas completion went up my map drops have drastically gone down.

and no, it does not make any sense. but this is correct in my case.

your problem is you didnt vaal them all- simple
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
"
D3izhistory wrote:
Pretty simple..... do the below and you will never be out of red maps

Chisel, alch, vaal, 1-3frag ALL maps you can run
keep a tab or portion of a tab available for red maps you cant run- sell or trade up

It is painful how often ppl complain about map drops - this worked for me well before the atlas too

Sticky this or something... it really is this simple!!!!!!!!!!!

The most stupid thread about sustaining maps in some time. GZ on this!
No one is complaining about sustaining red maps. Even low level maps like t11 are red now and everyone can sustain t11 maps and t12 maps these days. The problems starts when you want to sustain >t13 and higher maps. "Chisel, alch, vaal, 1-3frag" is what everyone is doing these days, some even add zana mods and sextants BUT even then it still is not possible to sustain t15 and t16.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Oct 19, 2016, 8:48:12 AM
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
D3izhistory wrote:
Pretty simple..... do the below and you will never be out of red maps

Chisel, alch, vaal, 1-3frag ALL maps you can run
keep a tab or portion of a tab available for red maps you cant run- sell or trade up

It is painful how often ppl complain about map drops - this worked for me well before the atlas too

Sticky this or something... it really is this simple!!!!!!!!!!!

The most stupid thread about sustaining maps in some time. GZ on this!
No one is complaining about sustaining red maps. Even low level maps like t11 are red now and everyone can sustain t11 maps and t12 maps these days. The problems starts when you want to sustain >t13 and higher maps. "Chisel, alch, vaal, 1-3frag" is what everyone is doing these days, some even add zana mods and sextants BUT even then it still is not possible to sustain t15 and t16.

i sustain t13-t16 maps with this method. but it does seem that this process is not common knowledge to everyone as you can tell from this thread

most importantly vaal orbing all maps. people tend to miss this step
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 11:23:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info