Channeled Skils

Awfully quiet.

Are they even going to be in the AoW league?!

I'm holding some character slots open for them...
Last bumped on Oct 19, 2016, 8:46:02 PM
They literally said that it would be *tentatively* patch 2.4.2. We just got 2.4.1 yesterday. Chill bro. They're coming. We got a teaser vid for one of them.
U MAD?
"
MBata wrote:
Awfully quiet.

Are they even going to be in the AoW league?!

I'm holding some character slots open for them...

Did you by chance play incinerate before it's fall?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Docbp87 wrote:
They literally said that it would be *tentatively* patch 2.4.2. We just got 2.4.1 yesterday. Chill bro. They're coming. We got a teaser vid for one of them.

My crappy memory told me new skills were released with the major league; so i looked it up.

Here is a list of skill gems added to game by league and patch...

Pre 0.10.0 (CLOSED BETA)
Spoiler
Detonate Dead, Blood Rage, Caustic Arrow, Double Strike, Burning Arrow, Bear Trap, elemental hit, ethereal knives, explosive arrow, Fire Trap, flicker strike, freeze mine, frenzy, grace, haste, ice shot, hatred, lightning arrow, lightning strike, phase run rev1, projectile weakness, puncture, rain of arrows, split arrow, temporal chains, viper strike, whirling blades, arc, arctic breath, critical weakness (rip), clarity, cold snap, conductivity, conversion trap, discharge, discipline, elemental weakness, enfeeble, fireball, firestorm, flammability, freezing pulse, frost wall, frostbite, ice nova, ice spear, incinerate, lightning warp, power siphon, purity of elements, raise spectre, raise zombie, righteous fire, shock nova, spark, summon skeletons, tempest shield, vulnerability, wrath, anger, cleave, decoy totem, determination, devouring totem, dominating blow, enduring cry, flame totem, glacial hammer, ground slam, heavy strike, immortal call, infernal blow, leap slam, molten shell, punishment, rejuvination totem, shield charge rev1, shockwave totem, sweep, warlord mark rev1

0.10.0 - 0.11.6 (OPEN BETA)
Spoiler
Cyclone

Arctic Armour

Searing bond

Reave

smoke mine, lightning trap

1.0.0 (DOMINATION & NEMESIS)
Spoiler
Animate Weapon, spectral throw, animate guardian,

Purity of Ice, purity of fire,

Storm Call

Barrage

Flameblast

Desecrate, bone offering, flesh offering, summon raging spirit

1.1.0 (AMBUSH & INVASION)
Spoiler

Glacial Cascade

Convocation, molten strike,

Flame surge

Lightning ball,

1.2.0 (RAMPAGE & BEYOND)
Spoiler
Herald of Ice, poacher's mark, tornado shot, herald of ash, warlord mark rev2

Herald of Thunder, lightning tendrils,

1.3.0 (TORMENT & BLOODLINES)

Spoiler
Blink Arrow, mirror arrow, riposte, kinetic blast, reckoning, static strike, vengeance,

2.0.0 AWAKENING (WARBANDS & TEMPEST)
Spoiler
Frost Blades, phase run rev2, summon ice golem, wild strike, assassins mark, fire nova mine, flame dash, magma orb, summon chaos golem, abyssal cry, ice crash, rallying cry, summon flame golem, vigilant strike

2.1.0 (TALISMAN)
Spoiler
Blade Vortex, Bladefall, Blast Rain, shrapnel shot, siege ballista, contagion, essence drain, wither,

2.2.0 (PERANDUS)
Spoiler
Ice Trap, frost bomb, orb of storms, ancestral protector, earthquake, summon stone golem, sunder

Summon lightning golem

2.3.0 (PROPHECY)
Spoiler
Lacerate, frost bolt, spirit offering, vortex, ancestral warchief, shield charge rev2,

2.4.0 (ATLAS OF WORLDS)
Spoiler
NO SKILLS IN VERSION 2.4.0 AND 2.4.1

Thanks? Your confusion would be eliminated by reading the news posts? Not to mention that the list you posted there in the spoiler tags clearly shows a pattern in the past where plenty of skills were released in mid-league patches, not all at once on day 1 of a new league...
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Thanks? Your confusion would be eliminated by reading the news posts? Not to mention that the list you posted there in the spoiler tags clearly shows a pattern in the past where plenty of skills were released in mid-league patches, not all at once on day 1 of a new league...

On the contrary - Every league has been released with new skills, except for Ambush/Invasion.

As a matter of fact, after patch 1.1 the following happened:
1.2 released with 5 new skills
1.3 released with 8 new skills
2.0 released with 15 new skills
2.1 released with 8 new skills
2.2 released with 7 new skills
2.3 released with 6 new skills
2.4 release with ZERO new skills

The reason is so that people could build a new character with new skills at the beginning of a league and play it all the way through.

I don't disagree that some skills are released after the main league starts, but those have mainly been "catch-ups" and variations on a theme, like: lightning golem after ice and fire were already released, or herald of thunder after the other two heralds were already out. (both coincidentally lightning ?)

No new skills have been released since June.

I don't know why you guys think it is odd that I wondering why its been so long since a skill gem has been released. This is quite obviously and clearly the longest time without a skill gem release in about 3 years, and the first time a league did not release with new skills since 1.1.
But you act like there's been no communication on the subject. There have been multiple posts and announcements from GGG on the subject of the channeled skills.
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
But you act like there's been no communication on the subject. There have been multiple posts and announcements from GGG on the subject of the channeled skills.

Posts which amount to "it's a thing we're doing." They have literally said nothing about what these skills actually do, what tags they have, etc. All we know is that one is a fire beam, and only because it obviously looks like a fire beam.
This is a buff™
They channeled skills are on the way.
I repeat "They channeled skills are on the way."

Trust me I am just as excited for new things to play with as you, but making a random forum post complaining about it is useless. We will get the skill Soon®

"
neero1 wrote:
They channeled skills are on the way.
I repeat "They channeled skills are on the way."

Trust me I am just as excited for new things to play with as you, but making a random forum post complaining about it is useless. We will get the skill Soon®

I think it's less about the skills not being in the game yet, but rather GGG's standard practice of hiding everything in a box until the last possible second. And then inevitably the contents of said box are incredibly disappointing because they let the community's imagination create something a million times better than what they actually made (See: The Atlas).

Long story short, GGG is dogshit at marketing, shocking I know.
This is a buff™

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info