Chris Wilson on Auction/bartering developed in China

I dont get why there isnt an AH already seeing as we kind of have one its just not ingame (and worse then one GGG could make inside its game)

How would AH be any different then poe.trade? it wouldnt it would just make trading easyer at least i think it would

The trader wouldnt have to be online nor stop doing whatever to trade an item only the buyer would have to do this

Everything seems like its not worth much or no one would buy said items and i agree for the most part
It seems like there should be a reason to buy these useless items like... crafting but there isnt

Maybe there could be new rules as to what you get from selling items to a vendor based on its mods so people would buy useless items that otherwise they never would have picked up or just wanted them fast

Also how would flippers/scammers be any different when we have an AH then now? they can still scam people from what ive seen surly GGG could come up with something to limited what you can set item prices to whitin range of xx to xx like mods and people will just have to deal with it
"
Lynerus wrote:

How would AH be any different then poe.trade? it wouldnt it would just make trading easyer at least i think it would

Assuming both buyer and seller aren't complete fucking dickheads, things like haggling can happen. How would an auction house handle someone that wants to pay in mixed currency? What about the guy that wants to make an offer on an item? What about my items that are listed without a b/o on them? There are a lot of complexities like this that I think an AH would eliminate, and that would be unfortunate.
U MAD?
There should be....

1. Automated buyout auction.

2. Listing have a lifetime of say 4 days and cost one orb. At end of 4 days you get item back if not sold but not the orb.

3. GGG gives everybody 5 free slots to sell something.

4. GGG sells extra slots for x$.

5. GGG uses extra money to make POE2.

I have spoken, make it so.

Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
Last edited by Mr_Bill on Oct 18, 2016, 1:44:38 PM
"
Lynerus wrote:
I dont get why there isnt an AH already seeing as we kind of have one its just not ingame (and worse then one GGG could make inside its game)

The trader wouldnt have to be online nor stop doing whatever to trade an item only the buyer would have to do this

Everything seems like its not worth much or no one would buy said items and i agree for the most part
It seems like there should be a reason to buy these useless items like... crafting but there isnt

Maybe there could be new rules as to what you get from selling items to a vendor based on its mods so people would buy useless items that otherwise they never would have picked up or just wanted them fast

Also how would flippers/scammers be any different when we have an AH then now? they can still scam people from what ive seen surly GGG could come up with something to limited what you can set item prices to whitin range of xx to xx like mods and people will just have to deal with it

+1

The current state of the game only benefits always-on or afkers and is otherwise the same as an AH (ala D3 gold AH). I believe they should go full integrated in-game AH or disable trading all together.
"
CalamityAOE wrote:
Plz no ppl are just gonna search it all day long looking for under priced stuff to flip.

Yeah, because no one does that at the moment right?
"
RandallPOE wrote:
"
CalamityAOE wrote:
Plz no ppl are just gonna search it all day long looking for under priced stuff to flip.

yeah...well it would be far easier to do with an AH and all it'll result in is much much more QQ, fuck....people already whine that it's path of trade.

All an AH would do is encourage bots (far more than ever)
Make the wealth even more lop sided (there will be a few who hold nearly all the wealth)
Force anyone that wants to trade to spend far more time trading AND get less because of market manipulation.
Even the average player will jump in, see the prices and just leave it.

About the only time it would really benefit someone is if they get lucky with rare items and their rolls, and enchantments.

i would even go so far to say that it'll limit build diversity even more because it would make people not think, just go to the AH and buy the stuff for whatever meta build is FOTM and thats it.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:

These statements ignore the other factor required to push items towards zero value - player population. Even if a game has a fully automated AH the rate to zero value would still be completely dependent on the population of players that have access to producing a supply for a given segment of items. And this is where people's assumptions that a PoE AH would be comparable to D3's AH is incorrect, even if they were functionally similar.

that's one important, if not the biggest factor, which has to be considered. especially since jonathan let the real numbers out in the last interview.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
RandallPOE wrote:
"
CalamityAOE wrote:

yeah...well it would be far easier to do with an AH and all it'll result in is much much more QQ, fuck....people already whine that it's path of trade.

All an AH would do is encourage bots (far more than ever)
Make the wealth even more lop sided (there will be a few who hold nearly all the wealth)
Force anyone that wants to trade to spend far more time trading AND get less because of market manipulation.
Even the average player will jump in, see the prices and just leave it.

About the only time it would really benefit someone is if they get lucky with rare items and their rolls, and enchantments.

i would even go so far to say that it'll limit build diversity even more because it would make people not think, just go to the AH and buy the stuff for whatever meta build is FOTM and thats it.

Pure hysteria and hyperbole. Anything that's way underpriced already gets bought up instantly and flipped. Nothing will change on that front, how would it cause people to spend longer trading?

How will this market manipulation work that forces everyone to sell their items for less than they are worth? At the moment people get fooled by listings that are way underpriced where the seller has no intention of selling, that scam for one would be eliminated.
Great, cant wait for everyone to start refunding their supporter packs then. I sure as hell havent been supporting the game soo some shitty ass auction house ruled by botters could be implemented.

As soon as i see even a hint of it on our realm im done, im sure thats the same for many others as well. Nice to see the casuals whining, who are bad at trading getting their way yet again while GGG tells the people who actually enjoy the game and play the game to fuck off.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
AH might work.

listing cost up front and listing duration for sure.

limited amount of items being able to be listed probably.

must be a Minimum lvl to list things as a small deterrent.

there are probably many other good and bad reasons listed in this thread. But it eliminates scams almost completely. The reason I like that is because GGG has no problem with scammers preying on the community but has issue with the community protecting itself by posting the slight even with proof.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info