[2.4] Chaos Vortex Build - Occultist Witch

Build is looking like alot of fun
and im seriously considering trying it out

how ever your leveling tree takes ES nodes from the start
does that really work? ive never played CI before so i dont have the gear for it either

should i use life for leveling and then go CI or does your path work?

Relord
that same question have it 3 cruse are 2 in gem setup. save points for remove this.
so far i am enjoying this build , but i did change the tree abit in favor of getting more ES as you know this build uses duel dagger which means you are losing the shield ES which is alot , so i did change it a little to get enough ES feel free to see my character and tell me what do you think (FYI am still leveling and i did take points by piroirty for me which means i am missing at least one or two sockets for gems)
I think void manipulation isn't as strong as added cold damage for the 6th link.

Because cold gets buffed as spell+elemental, then converted to fire, further buffed then converted to chaos.

Well the dps is def much higher with cold damage vs. void manipulation. Any thoughts?
Last edited by wooopaul11 on Oct 27, 2016, 5:48:34 PM
"
wooopaul11 wrote:
I think void manipulation isn't as strong as added cold damage for the 6th link.

Because cold gets buffed as spell+elemental, then converted to fire, further buffed then converted to chaos.

Well the dps is def much higher with cold damage vs. void manipulation. Any thoughts?

Conversion does not double dip on single modifiers. Spell Damage and Elemental Damage do not get double scaled.

Added Cold Damage adds 156.5 Damage, 75% of which is going to be converted to chaos.
This is a 27% More Multiplier.

75 Chaos + 25 Fire (100% control base) becomes 95.25% Chaos + 31.75% Fire,
Assuming poison is all we care about, this is 95.25/75 for 27% more damage from the poison.

Void Manipulation takes the 75% Chaos base and multiplies it by 1.39 twice, for a 93.2% Multiplier to the poison.

What you could do, is replace Rapid Decay with Added Chaos Damage.
Added Chaos Damage at level 21 offers 41% More Damage as pure chaos.

Rapid Decay will take your base chaos and bring it to 104.25%, then taking duration from 105% to 90% takes it back down to 93.825%, whereas Added Chaos will bring it all the way up to 116% while also having double dipping gem quality.
Last edited by Xendran on Oct 27, 2016, 6:49:21 PM
get over 100% with the old Dark daggers?
I have 1 with 45% to Chaos
2x 90% + Infernal Mantel 15% =105% to Chaos or is 100% Cap?
Conversion will stop at 100%, but will then be weighted. Weighting also prioritizes taking full effect from Skill conversion first before other forms.

What this means is that if, for an example: You have 50% phys converted to fire, 50% converted to cold, 50% converted to lightning you would end up with 33.33% to all three.

However, if the 50% to fire was coming from a skill like Infernal Blow as an example, it would be 50% to fire, and then the remaining two 50% conversions would be split equally among the remaining 50%, for 25% cold and 25% lightning.

You can read more about damage conversion On the PoE Wiki
Last edited by Xendran on Oct 27, 2016, 7:12:20 PM
Last edited by Rankarr on Oct 30, 2016, 6:15:25 PM
Hi, quick question.

Why do you keep immortal call and summon chaos golem at level 2 when CWDT level 1 supports level 38 gems or lower. So immortal call and summon chaos golem could be level 3. Also, why does blade vortex have to be level 1 instead of level 8 with only 13 mana per cast and X amount of more physical damage? If you can clear up my confusion, would be much appreciated thanks.
lower DEX you need nothing more than lvl1 higher level has no more AOE etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info