[2.4] Chaos Vortex Build - Occultist Witch

Equips          

Complete Build Guide          
Last edited by toledosaur on Feb 18, 2017, 4:35:17 PM
Last bumped on Mar 14, 2017, 8:40:05 PM
If i got Skyforth Boots can i use other amulet instead of Eye of Chayula Onyx??
"
tipicozzy wrote:
If i got Skyforth Boots can i use other amulet instead of Eye of Chayula Onyx??

Sure Mister Gates
Looked through the tree and flasks, noticed some inefficiencies you could change:

Chaos damage double dips, Damage over Time does not.
Take the chaos damage path in Corruption at the top.
Not using Zealot's Oath, so modified templar pathing and dropped inefficient Growth and Decay cluster.

Cold damage does not double dip, and spending 6 points for 71% damage is not worth it.
Considering the penetration doesn't even do anything, Heart of Flame would be better than Heart of Ice.
Even then though, the penetration barely does anything. Heart of Flame is still not worth it because there is better scaling available elsewhere.
Inefficient pathing through top and ES.

Missing a 2 point jewel by Vaal Pact.
Missing 1 point at templar for 14% spell damage

Physical damage is giong to be much more dangerous than lightning or fire damage, carrying 3x resistance flasks isn't a good idea.
A basalt + quicksilver will give you more survivability and mobility.
I'd recommend getting rid of the Dousing suffix to fit in Adrenaline.

Modified tree:

Lost
-71% Cold Damage (does not double dip)
-62% Damage over Time (does not double dip)

Gained
+2 Jewels (80% Damage, double dip)
8% Elemental Damage
5% Cast Speed
14% Spell Damage (Double Dip)
24% Chaos Damage (Double Dip)

133% Single Dip Damage Lost
118% (or higher with 4 mod jewels) Double Dip, 8% Single Dip, 5% Cast Speed Damage Gained

So this is already stronger not including flask nodes, but we also get those so,
In addition:

30% Flask Effect =

4.5% of elemental Damage added as Chaos Damage, 10% Chaos Resistance (Atziri's Promise)
21% Increased Movement Speed (Quicksilver of Adrenaline)
21% Increased Damage Over Time (70% Witchfire Brew)
6% Physical Damage Reduction (Basalt of Staunching)
???? (Heat Flask of Choice, possibly Sapphire, but i'd recommend something else)

And 12% flask duration as well.

"
Xendran wrote:
Looked through the tree and flasks, noticed some inefficiencies you could change:

Awesome Job bro, please comment on the video tomorrow so I can know who you are, I was Uploading the video right now but I'll reedit it just to include your modifications on the tree :)

Thank you
Sure thing, looking forward to seeing how poison vortex is in 2.4.

I was using poison in 2.3 but switched to pure ignite when conflux got changed. The poison was doing some pretty huge DPS even with only 30% conversion.

Which reminds me, you can actually replace Rapid Decay with Added Chaos Damage!

If you notice, added chaos adds 190 - 284 Chaos Damage at level 21, for an average of 237.

With a level 20 Vortex, we have 573 Average base damage. Level 21 has 630.
Vortex has 100% damage effectiveness, so if we boost it to 810 up from 473, that's a 41.36% More Multiplier. Not only that, but 100% of that additional damage is poison instead of 75%, and you don't reduce poison duration. Even further, it means you don't need as much dexterity.

On a level 21 vortex, added chaos adds 37.6% More damage, but still with the benefit of not reducing the duration of poison stacks and being 100% chaos instead of 75%. Really powerful gem.

A level 20 added chaos will also be stronger, but not by as much as a level 21 of course. I personally did the math with 21 because that's what i had.

(Also, if you're wondeering, it is indeed better to replace Rapid Decay than it is to replace Spell Echo. Spell Echo is adding more damage than Rapid Decay despite it's negative double dip.)
Last edited by Xendran on Oct 20, 2016, 1:33:20 AM
How much ES should I have to use chaos inoculation?
Thanks a good question i wanna to know as well too
i have 5.2 k and still its a bit difficult to manage what im wonder its how did he manage to have 10k ES
I would guess that a good amount of ES to start mapping till T7/T8 is 6k or more. I have that amount on a poison cyclone assassin (that is more melee than this build ofc) and I start having issues at T8 maps.

This build should work much more better than my other one, so 6k is probably a good starting point for mid tier maps imho...

edit: Why do you choose both Whisper of doom (+1 curse) and Malediction from ascendancy, when you have only two curses available (Warlord's mark and enfeeble) ? Since in your gem setup there's no space for the third, you can spare one point in the tree for other purpose (for example the "5% ES and 10% ES recovery" node near Arcane Focus, or the "4% reduce mana reservation" node near CI, which is always useful). What you think?

Last edited by LewsTherin on Oct 26, 2016, 3:54:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info