So, there won't be any future Build Comps guys... A letter to GGG

"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"
Barivius wrote:
A subjective competition where 6L's are given away isn't something I want to see them sponsoring honestly. Sure you only had 2 or 3 people competing this time, but what if there were dozens and there was a dispute?

If you want to give your items away subjectively, whether it is for a written poem or a "unique" build so it elsewhere.

It being subjective wouldn't matter as long as the rules and how the results were going to be determined were clearly explained beforehand.

which i did, i couldnt have been more precise on how this competition would be operating... I broke zero rules, i just... idk. :/
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
"
cyranorick wrote:
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
Return emails from Support are copy paste anyways. You'll never actually talk to someone who acts human. They're probably not allowed to actually chat with people in emails, which is oddly dehumanizing.

Hmm.. I have total different experiences with emails from GGG

Me too.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
cyranorick wrote:
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
Return emails from Support are copy paste anyways. You'll never actually talk to someone who acts human. They're probably not allowed to actually chat with people in emails, which is oddly dehumanizing.

Me too.

I got a smiley face once.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Me too! :o

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
"
Slayer_Tip wrote:
i've tried tbh man, 2 PM's and 2 emails, nothing... as i said, they're backed up, so, hopefully this pushes the matter further.

In the history of the interwebs; this strategy has never been successful.
You know that look women give you when they want to have sex? Yah. Me neither. - Drew Carey
You can try pming Samantha directly.
IGN: JerleSteelChampion/JerleRuthlessAgain
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Well i can tell you this much for sure... I was paying payments on my supporter pack from the last set and when the atlas patch hit i noticed it took them at least a week or more to get back to me to take MONEY.
Before the patch it was within a few minutes to a couple hours tops to get back to me. So your are right indeed they are REALLY backlogged. And apparently still are for whatever reason. And im pretty sure sending any emails while you're waiting on a reply to one will only push your email further back in the queue. So all i can say is be patient. I mean if it takes them over a week to reply to taking money then id say they clearly are backed up pretty bad on emails. Not sure if it was the actual atlas patch or that merge of the Russian community to our servers since they were both really close together.. But my bet is it is the merge. Cant imagine the atlas caused such a backlog.

You could post your competition to Reddit.. Wouldn't get removed there im sure. Thats where people do the outright naming and shaming these days for scams and shit that isnt allowed here ive noticed.
Not really sure why a competition would be removed from the forums though... seems rather odd but then again stranger things have happened to suppose. Maybe it wasn't your competition post itself that caused it to get removed but rather some of the posts from others in the post maybe?? IDK i didnt see this post to really know what all was in it to really know what might have been the issue. Maybe PM Bex or Samantha on here directly? They have always been pretty nice to me when ive got in contact with them in the past. Them seem very helpful and willing to try to do whatever they can in my exp with them. Worth a try maybe.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Oct 17, 2016, 9:53:36 PM
"
Demonoz wrote:
Well i can tell you this much for sure... I was paying payments on my supporter pack from the last set and when the atlas patch hit i noticed it took them at least a week or more to get back to me to take MONEY.
Before the patch it was within a few minutes to a couple hours tops to get back to me. So your are right indeed they are REALLY backlogged. And apparently still are for whatever reason. And im pretty sure sending any emails while you're waiting on a reply to one will only push your email further back in the queue. So all i can say is be patient. I mean if it takes them over a week to reply to taking money then id say they clearly are backed up pretty bad on emails. Not sure if it was the actual atlas patch or that merge of the Russian community to our servers since they were both really close together.. But my bet is it is the merge. Cant imagine the atlas caused such a backlog.

You could post your competition to Reddit.. Wouldn't get removed there im sure. Thats where people do the outright naming and shaming these days for scams and shit that isnt allowed here ive noticed.
Not really sure why a competition would be removed from the forums though... seems rather odd but then again stranger things have happened to suppose. Maybe it wasn't your competition post itself that caused it to get removed but rather some of the posts from others in the post maybe?? IDK i didnt see this post to really know what all was in it to really know what might have been the issue. Maybe PM Bex or Samantha on here directly? They have always been pretty nice to me when ive got in contact with them in the past. Them seem very helpful and willing to try to do whatever they can in my exp with them. Worth a try maybe.

taking money is important
Closed Beta|Open Beta|Release|League Only
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
cyranorick wrote:
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:

Me too.

"
raics wrote:

I got a smiley face once.

Some time ago in a forum far, far away, with an old an unjust probation policy in place, I got probated for a week. I thought it was unreasonable, so I got mad. Enraged, even. I sent support an e-mail in which I told them to go fuck themselves. Then I registered a second account, Bars_2 or something, and posted a forum thread in which I compared the mods to Nazis and this was the least unpleasant thing I said. In my defense, this was happening after a two-week daily forum confrontation with the mods, so it was a result of a long escalation. I'm not proud of it. Anyway, turns out what I did had a name in the forum policy (which I, of course, hadn't read): probation dodging. All the flaming was edited from my thread, leaving it at 50% of its word count and nearly incomprehensible, and I received a fresh new two-week probation on top of the initial one week.

At that point, you could say I was a bit peeved.

Spoiler

I sent support another e-mail and I was so angry I don't even remember what I said, but I imagine it was mostly unpleasant.

Now, if I worked in support and was on the other side of this episode, by that point I would be laughing my ass off. I would probably send screenshots to colleagues so we could laugh together. I might give another one-week probation bonus for bad language just for the hell of it. Yes, once again - I should probably never work in customer support.

What did the guys at GGG do? Removed the two-week probation for no reason (probably the reason was to save me from apoplexy but that's not in the rules) and apologized they couldn't remove the initial probation, at least not immediately.

I rest my case.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Oct 18, 2016, 2:33:44 AM
I have not once swore at GGG, i have sworn in the forums, but never directed at GGG... i think, i might contact Samantha or Bex about this though, its been almost a week and i haven't had a response... its not as frustrating as it was before, but its just, getting to the point to where all i need is an explanation lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info