So, there won't be any future Build Comps guys... A letter to GGG

Good evening/morning, or even afternoon...

I had a thread that was up for a good... week or so, before it was taken down by GGG, some of you guys have probably seen it... (hint: Malachai's loop was the item you needed to use in the build comp)

I kind of have one question for GGG... Why?

First of all, this competition had no relation to any real money transactions, at all, like, zero, nada, fucking null. Yes, i'm pretty pissed off about this.... so, don't mind the swears.

I try to do this nice little thing for the community, something that is both competitive, and friendly, you know.... a friendly competition? the rewards were coming from my own stash (first prize, 6l carcass, runner up, 5l sire) and you guys remove the thread.... it didn't break any rules, BUT just in case you guys thought i did, lets go over the current code of conduct.

- Make hateful or needlessly negative comments: Lol, this is a build competition, not a feedback thread.

- Personal attack or cause harm to the reputati- BARS WHY

- Antagonise others in an obnoxious manner: once again, build competition.

- Disrupt forum or chat use for others: So, first of all, does bumping count as disruption? coz, if so, it should kinda be stated... since a few other people bump.

- Reference explicit or illegal material: As i said, i know RMT is illegal, so, why would i involve real money?

- Impersonate GGG staff: Never.

Theres also a little tidbit at the bottom "If you are experiencing problems of any kind or would like to discuss our guidelines, please contact our Customer Support team at support@grindinggear.com"

Look, i understand that you guys are pretty much backlogged, and that's fine, but i've contacted you guys multiple times about this... and it just baffled me the fuck out... Do you guys hate me? am i a threat? what is going on?!

Sigh...

Look, GGG...

I'm trying to make the community a more positive place, like, really... Amongst all the negativity about lab, balance, melee QQers, Atlas haters... you remove my thread, one that was both involving the community in a positive manner, and that didn't break ANY... ANY freaking Code of Conduct.

Now, ima put the next section in bold and underline coz, its mainly towards GGG....

If you do plan to remove this thread for whatever reason, please, PM me why, don't just say your typical "it breaks the Code of Conduct" because, none of this didnt, sure, i swore, but it wasnt directed at any of you...

Dear Management, i would love to talk to you, directly, like, not over the phone, but, via emails... You have zero idea how upset i am about this, I had friends who wanted to participate, but no longer could find the thread. thanks.

I'm done guys, its late, i said what needed to be said... GGG, you most certainly know what to do.

Goodnight.

Slayer.
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Last bumped on Oct 18, 2016, 3:01:53 AM
Probably best handled with PMs... if you're honestly just interested in why. But you're not.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Probably best handled with PMs... if you're honestly just interested in why. But you're not.

i've tried tbh man, 2 PM's and 2 emails, nothing... as i said, they're backed up, so, hopefully this pushes the matter further.

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
That's too bad, would have been a good thing for the community if it had time to get going.
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
That's too bad, would have been a good thing for the community if it had time to get going.

yeah, that was my plan man, a positive activity that everyone could enjoy, or well, those who wanted to enjoy it anyway... :/

My guess is that "the wisdom of a good build" is close enough to a real world item of value that they thought it would be a slippery slope. To me, such a contest would be the same as in game trading, an exchange of in game value for in game value, but I dunno why else GGG would take it down.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
Slayer_Tip wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

i've tried tbh man, 2 PM's and 2 emails, nothing... as i said, they're backed up, so, hopefully this pushes the matter further.

Patience?

It would probably be dealt with through email and you can't hurry them on that, in fact trying with more emails tends to make the process take longer.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
adghar wrote:
My guess is that "the wisdom of a good build" is close enough to a real world item of value that they thought it would be a slippery slope. To me, such a contest would be the same as in game trading, an exchange of in game value for in game value, but I dunno why else GGG would take it down.

I mean... maybe? i just need an explanation, and maybe a proper discussion with management so i know what is going on.

You've done all you can, man. Not a lot left to save around here.

Assimilate, or pay the price.
I know it's not the same, but you could probably run one via Reddit with decent results.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info