Trying to chart the Atlas SSF

"
Z_Fighters wrote:
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
ladish wrote:
My strategy is to get 1 of every single map in the tier above before I run any of them. This way you won't dilute your drop pool with maps you already completed.

Very good strategy, it's just that a lot of us didn't figure out this at the very start of league.

I think the main problem was, going into atlas people knew there were going to be efficient ways to complete the Atlas, but a lot of people like me figured they would play the atlas for fun even if it took longer to complete. What I didn't bank on was how god-damn fucking punishing it was going to turn out if you were not careful with your Atlas. I figured "I'll just spend more time than normal grinding the connecting maps I'm missing is all, it will still be fun" which has turned into "ok this is absolute bullshit" after 2 solid ass weeks of 0 progress due to actual map drops in my mid and low tier maps.

I can't disagree. I remember someone suggesting they should weigh map drops of a given tier in favour of uncompleted maps (only when adjacent to them of course). I feel like it would help a lot.
Glad to see some others are trying to do this SSF, I made a necro early in the league that could run basically any map mods and I still have only gotten to 69/125 so far

I had to buy 4 of them off Zana (like cavern, how hard can it be to get a T3?) but normally i'm having a very hard time getting connected maps to drop, or anything red whatsoever.

Hopefully it gets tweaked, I think it'd be fun to chart it solo but next league if they don't change anything i'm just going to buy maps off the few arbitrarily lucky players instead :p i've had like 6 80-90's this league its too much for how much completion i've got.
"
I was doing SSF as well (been on the Battlerite train lately though) - easiest way to get maps I found was to do the 3x vendor recipe. Once I started doing that, it got a lot easier to start unlocking things on the atlas.

THIS!!
Its really a combination of things ive found that work...
Vendor 3x up to the next tier once ive got a surplus of maps, Zana which is absolutely crucial, as well as Alcing maps if you are trying to unlock a map thats next to the map your running just to have better chances at the map dropping also helps. Just because it only takes a blue map to complete the map doesn't mean you cant alc it to have an even better chance at getting a map you need. Also keep in mind that maps adjacent to you means higher OR lower.. So if theres a T4 for example you still need you can run the T5 in front of it and have that T4 drop for you as well which helps with lvling and exp so your not staying in lower tiers just trying to get a certain map to drop. If it next to even next tier up you can still get it to drop. Ive noticed some people make out like this isnt the case or they do not know this but this works and it is quite effective Since obviously you can easily get a -1 map to drop over a +1.

Because right now im at 110% and only have 3 more regular maps left to unlock. 2 T14s and 1 T15. and i can tell you this much i struggled especially in the 40-50% range to about 80-90% range it was rough. And i eventually ended up just trading up maps other in my guild were missing for maps i was missing just to speed things along but once i got that completion bonus up closer to 100% the better the maps come. Now im easily sustaining T13+ and gaining a nice base of 14s and 15s up for when i finally finish those last 3 holes i can really tear into the guardian maps and run shaper finally.

Now as far as Unique maps go about the only advice i have for SSF is you can try chancing but ive pretty much with the exception of 2 unique maps have had to buy all the rest ive got. most are fairly cheap around 4-5C.
But SSF to unlock the atlas is very much all about grinding maps over and over till you get the ones you need to drop and it can get very frustrating... So much that i ended up just trading up map and once i got closer and closer to clearing 12 then 13 i just started outright buying them because of how much difference the bonus was noticeably making for my map drops as a whole so. I really did want to go totally SSF but i ended up trading and buying in the end. But now i also have a better idea what it takes so next league i plan to try again and see how much further i can get without any trading with others.

I learned alot about this new system this league and i think that will only make thing easier for me next league when trying to unlock the atlas. But unlocking the atlas is the hard part once it is unlocked high tier mapping the hardest content in the game has never been more accessible. And it is the most fun ive had mapping in POE by far as a result. And i think its fair even though GGG typically always wanted the highest tier maps to be limited all the work you put in to have the map be this way you should have maps drop good for you as a result it is afterall ALOT of work especially SSF. Even trading its alot of work.

There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Oct 16, 2016, 6:10:56 AM
Wwwwwwhat's...... "SSF" ?

"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
Also: Uber lab.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
I shaped some stuff early on(like an idiot) and i simply ran maps as i got em.

It's almost complete now though.

1) buy maps from zana seems to be a solid contribution to atlas progression.
2) 3 for 1 vendor recipe is also a guaranteed progression method, this might bother you but i was already in tier 11+ maps in one part of the atlass, so turning in tier 7/8/9's for their next progression path was nothing to me.
3) i ran ubber lab around 30 times and found a map box once in a blue moon.(best way to unlock unique maps for solo players)

I had the same thing as you though, my bottom atlas had almost nothing completed which was somewhat discouraging, but it's starting to come along now though. Just keep at it and use the tools at your disposal to brute-force the progression i reckon.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Zrevnur wrote:

For SSF? I have lvl 84 SSF character on other account and she's found two trials this far (and both of them were same one).

My SSF Atlas is 29/125. Still missing one T3 (Arid Lake), three T4 and two T5 of the white maps. Zana helps a lot (got at least six new maps from her) but unfortunately it took me ages to find her in the first place (about 50 maps or so I think).

Atlas is kind of nice but it seems a bit too punishing for the SSF (or at least too Zana dependent). I guess I've made some small errors in my play though (I really should have combined that Arid Lake instead of trying to get it to drop from Oasis). We'll see how things evolve.
"
kuukkeli wrote:
"
Zrevnur wrote:

For SSF? I have lvl 84 SSF character on other account and she's found two trials this far (and both of them were same one).

Spamming maps (of a tier which you can spam easily due to threat & sustainability) can be very helpful. It gives trials, Essences & Zana. You need an expected number of ~15(?) trials just to get your 4th ascendancy.
Per uber lab you can also break into red maps without the slow advance through the atlas. You only need one chest with maps for that.

"
kuukkeli wrote:

Atlas is kind of nice but it seems a bit too punishing for the SSF (or at least too Zana dependent).

What I dislike about Atlas is that exploring/unlocking maps with bad layouts reduces map drops for good maps of that tier. Map drop rules should be so that exploration is never the wrong choice.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Zrevnur wrote:
What I dislike about Atlas is that exploring/unlocking maps with bad layouts reduces map drops for good maps of that tier. Map drop rules should be so that exploration is never the wrong choice.

As someone who likes to play in slower (more casual?) pace I think that the difference between a good and bad layouts is not as severe as it used to be. Of course there are some maps that just suck (like Vaal City) but mostly it's just a matter of saving couple of minutes which matters nothing to me.
I get it that you want to be SSF and thing like that, but when comes to Atlas, you rly should just buy all white/yellow maps (even T9 maps cost like 1 chisel) from PoE trade once, to unlock 80-90/125 and then play SSF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info