Trying to chart the Atlas SSF

Atlas started out super fun SSF but now it feels like it is pretty fucking impossible to make any progress into low to mid tier maps you have yet to unlock.

I've no exaggeration spent the last 2 weeks trying to "fill out" my low to mid tier maps as I farm currency, to get a better atlas bonus and gear before going into higher tiers so I can sustain them easier (which I feel are much easier to drop) and am yet to even make a foothold into the south part of the atlas. I've run countless Arenas, Atoll, Vaal city, Shore. Even 20-30+ Mesa's primordial pools trying to get a fucking waste pool and caverns to drop (fucking tier 3 and 4...) then I ended up buying these of Zana. these connecting map drops are literally more rare than exalted orb drops. It's at the point I enter a map and feel like.."well this shits never going to drop is it?" before I even start.

I've lvld 87-91 without even making a dent into the bottom of the atlas. I've loaded up all the pre connecting maps with sextants and roll the maps as high as I can, even 20 quality chiseling them. I've also tried not rolling high IIQ/IIR to see if it was just drops behaving like a bitch per usual.

o and any progress I HAVE made in the past 2 weeks (outside of my most explored atlas side, which seem to drop fine) has been entirely from fucking buying the connecting maps of Zana or trading in 3 maps for the +1. which feels like shit because I may as well just buy maps at that point, but I don't like buying maps it's not fun at all for me, especially low-mid tier maps you are just trying to fill in.

what the fuck am I doing wrong?
Last edited by Z_Fighters on Oct 16, 2016, 3:58:47 AM
Last bumped on Feb 11, 2017, 6:38:37 PM
I'm doing the same thing on ehc. My strategy is to get 1 of every single map in the tier above before I run any of them. This way you won't dilute your drop pool with maps you already completed.

Zana is totally critical, you should conserve all you chance/alch orbs for buying maps you need.

Also don't shape anything.
"
ladish wrote:
I'm doing the same thing on ehc. My strategy is to get 1 of every single map in the tier above before I run any of them. This way you won't dilute your drop pool with maps you already completed.

Zana is totally critical, you should conserve all you chance/alch orbs for buying maps you need.

that is a good strategy but I've already bricked doing that.

"
Z_Fighters wrote:
"
ladish wrote:

that is a good strategy but I've already bricked doing that.

Then I don't have much advice except hope for the best and probably zana is still your best bet.

When I was trying to open the atlas in esc I ended up buying maps I hadn't unlocked off poe trade. Not very satisfying but 3 million times faster than trying to do it solo.
Last edited by ladish on Oct 15, 2016, 11:50:18 PM
Im SSF and im up to like 72/125 but ive been around this for a while

Also it doesnt feel like whatever this % number is does anything to me i still get low ass tier maps in high tier ones everything feels the same as before to me

Zanas missions not counting for the atlas is also gayish (and old maps dont count either on STD)
I was doing SSF as well (been on the Battlerite train lately though) - easiest way to get maps I found was to do the 3x vendor recipe. Once I started doing that, it got a lot easier to start unlocking things on the atlas.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
"
ladish wrote:
My strategy is to get 1 of every single map in the tier above before I run any of them. This way you won't dilute your drop pool with maps you already completed.

Very good strategy, it's just that a lot of us didn't figure out this at the very start of league.
"
Lynerus wrote:

Zanas missions not counting for the atlas is also gayish (and old maps dont count either on STD)

Standard's completely fucked for atlas completion. Some old maps seem to count, some don't, I even got completion on some maps that I didn't even play at that time (not even joking!).

Good thing about standard is we have to do it all once. After that, it's smooth sailing!
Yeah filling in the atlas without trading is a major headache. After trying it myself and getting multiple +2s without getting a single +1 I was missing, I went and started a new character. Then I got bored leveling it cause I couldn't buy a gem I need from vendors and the masters wouldn't sell it for over 10 days. So yeah I haven't played since then.
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
Last edited by Timewar9 on Oct 16, 2016, 2:45:35 AM
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
ladish wrote:
My strategy is to get 1 of every single map in the tier above before I run any of them. This way you won't dilute your drop pool with maps you already completed.

Very good strategy, it's just that a lot of us didn't figure out this at the very start of league.

I think the main problem was, going into atlas people knew there were going to be efficient ways to complete the Atlas, but a lot of people like me figured they would play the atlas for fun even if it took longer to complete. What I didn't bank on was how god-damn fucking punishing it was going to turn out if you were not careful with your Atlas. I figured "I'll just spend more time than normal grinding the connecting maps I'm missing is all, it will still be fun" which has turned into "ok this is absolute bullshit" after 2 solid ass weeks of 0 progress due to actual map drops in my mid and low tier maps.

"
Yeah filling in the atlas without trading is a major headache. After trying it myself and getting multiple +2s without getting a single +1 I was missing, I went and started a new character. Then I got bored leveling it cause I couldn't buy a gem I need from vendors and the masters wouldn't sell it for over 10 days. So yeah I haven't played since then.

lmao yeah, for the first time ever in PoE I actually curse my luck for getting a "damn" +2 map off a boss rather than a +1 ... what the fuck?? this isn't right. +2's are so much fucking easier to get than any connecting +1 mid/low tier map once you're over half way done with Atlas. Somethings fucked up there.
Last edited by Z_Fighters on Oct 16, 2016, 4:00:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info