At what point do you say enough

Dried Lake without dying for me. :D
"Enough" is when I can't stomach this shit anymore.
This is a buff™
Usually when I rech lvl 90 in a league (since this is a challenge in leagues most of the times)... I don´t care much about dying after that. (Softcore of course that is)
In terms of items.... there is always something to strife for, which would enhance your char slightly.

(Oh.. and when I have finished uber-lab once... that really is MORE than enough nuisance for me. ^^ )

"Ta-Ta, not-a-cockroach"
Last edited by cyranorick on Oct 15, 2016, 3:16:43 AM
"
MeWhenum wrote:
Enough is when the following happens;

1) Have all four labs done
2) Am at least level 90
3) Can't get any more upgrades for less than 25ex
4) Run out of maps.

At that point I reroll because I am not the type to blow 30ex on rare boots that give me a 1% upgrade or spend 20c per T15 map when I could instead use that money to reroll a new char I'm not sick of.

This.
For me it would be when I could get a character to level 100, having close to as 'optimal' gear for that character as possible, and have completed whatever the 'most challenging' content is in the game on that character. Sadly, the first one is becoming less and less reachable because for whatever reason GGG still believes that level 100 should be some sacred cow that cannot be touched and is living in the past of when they (foolishly) believed that it would always take months and months for people to level a character to 100.

But that and other personal grievances aside...it's tough to pinpoint exactly when it would be enough for me to feel a character is 'finished'.
When play turns into work.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Same.

This point happens sooner and sooner with each new iteration of PoE.
with one character, when i reach 80-83 :/
my english sux.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

This is so true. Such a great summary of when to stop playing any game, really.
Softcore, solo self-found.
-----Currently: -----
Storm Call Occultist in Affliction
Enough is different for every char, because there are some kinds of placeholders:

- Char is too weak defensively, i stop leveling before 80, unless it is VERY fun.
- Char can't do all bosses no matter how much i will lvl it, stop lvling before 90.
- Another one is if the char can do everything and i played too much the same maps, it reached all expectations i had on paper, then it is time to leave it and go to the next planning.

Some chars are weak on paper, but i still want to level them and stop before 80, because i like to level them, feels like a different game every differently planned char. And it feels better than grinding maps after level 92. At this point i'm already repeating same maps over and over, feels like the game is over but i'm pushing it until i die of boredom.
Sometimes...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info