At what point do you say enough

Guys
at what point would you say "this character is very satisfactory for me"

In other words,
does reaching lv 100 makes ur character "good enough"
or does decking out in gg gears enough?
or does decking out chars with insane corrupted items enough?

or are you just happy that your char can clear dried lake without dying

Im curious
let me
know pls

GG
Last bumped on Oct 17, 2016, 6:25:28 AM
"Enough" is when I've reached my goals. And I'm pretty in touch with reality, so I will never set "reaching 100" as a goal. And I'm perfectly OK with that. People playing 8-16 hours a day, need something to strive for too. A carrot, if you want.

20 players have reached 100 in ESC. And how far in are we? What did Chris say? If you work hard towards it, it should be reachable within a league. By I don't want to "work" in video games. I like having fun. So the guys wanting to " work" may have this carrot for all I care :)
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
When I get bored tbh.
Enough is when the following happens;

1) Have all four labs done
2) Am at least level 90
3) Can't get any more upgrades for less than 25ex
4) Run out of maps.

At that point I reroll because I am not the type to blow 30ex on rare boots that give me a 1% upgrade or spend 20c per T15 map when I could instead use that money to reroll a new char I'm not sick of.
"this character is very satisfactory for me"

Something like that does not exist in this game. In this game we can only get closer to "ideal", but we can never reach it.

""does reaching lv 100 makes ur character "good enough"" - with higher lvl u have more possibilities and one part of build is finished, but it doesnt mean good enough.

"or does decking out in gg gears enough?" - you always finds something better or you know there are better items. Maybe its possible, but only for duration of some patch.

"or are you just happy that your char can clear dried lake without dying" - its fine for some time, after that comes another place or boss with achievement "without dying".. but hey, are we talking here about happiness or satisfaction? :)

It depends on the character.
My Iron Commander Scion is satisfactory now that she has successfully defeated Atziri and can summon 5 ballistae; though I'd be more satisfied if her resistances were a little better.

Though my tri-golem witch will be satisfactory once she reaches level 41 and can equip 2 Clayshapers.
Then it's a matter of seeing how far I can take her and maybe upgrading equipment.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
I never get to that point because I always die on HC before that and come back ages later. Like my archer died on cruel to Kaom's raging spirits and now I'm just waiting for act 5, but I'm always in touch with the forums. First thing I'll do when act 5 comes up is clean up the graveyard of chars that ripped to standard if I haven't done that already. Then I'll roll an archer on HC again, then I'll die again, then I'll come back on act 6, repeat. Don't like playing standard because I don't care if I die. HC on the other hand, pure adrenaline. Of course I don't logout or open a portal to flee on dire situations because it defeats the whole point of playing HC. But I also don't play again for a very very long time when I die on HC because I get tired and go play some other game/do other stuff.
Last edited by poeFan2 on Oct 14, 2016, 8:01:00 PM
When I make this:

https://youtu.be/kUq93L-r43I

and/or

"
ladish wrote:
When I get bored tbh.
Last edited by Apocalich on Oct 14, 2016, 8:50:06 PM
Personally, I try to avoid games where I'll say "enough". I like something where I can develop a build, watch it reach maturity, and then every now and then play it to relieve some stress or whatever. That was one reason I really liked Torchlight 2, and yes, dare I say it, Diablo 3, is you could pretty much play it forever (and I still do sometimes). I haven't progressed far enough in POE to know if his is possible or not. I seems with the difficulty of maintaining a map pool, even with the new Atlas... I don't know. I'll have to wait and see, I guess.
For me its between something like level 91-96, and having solved all the characters problems, but it also matters how far i am in the possible progression of items. If i feel like i can't get anywhere even with playing all day i will be satisfied if i feel like i have powerful enough items, but if i feel like im not even close to any gg gears i probable just stop it, dissatisfied. Like, i don't want the perfect items and roll, but i just want the main body of gear progression so it's the small but extremely expensive improvements left. Depends also if it is a serious character, if it is one i don't care so much about i don't mind too much about any of the things above.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info