If an evil deity took hold of GGG: Patch 2.5 patchnotes

Imagine an evil, trollish deity possessed GGG and took control of patch 2.5 notes.

Spoiler

Without further ado, Patch 2.5 in a nutshell:

- BV, pathfinder and ancestral warchief are untouched (because fuck you forum, fuck you reddit, you think you can tell us what to do or you can predict what we're going to do? HA!)
- traps in all maps (no worries, if this makes people quit, it'll only be the minority™)
- uber lab chests nerfed to insignificance, enchants nerfed hard - we are concerned that some players seem to enjoy the lab and we want to remedy that
- the writhing jar is now unaffected by any flask-related bonuses (a.k.a. fuck you wormblaster, can't you take a hint and delete your goddamn character?)

Trigger gem Improvements™:
- cospri's malice destroyed, people were doing somewhat passable builds with it and we obviously can't have that
- players who had bad CoC discharge builds reported an actual improvement after patch 2.4, this is unacceptable so Discharge damage when triggered is nerfed by another 30%
- Mjolner internal cooldown increased to .15 seconds to 'improve server performance'

Melee Improvements™:
- all useful skills slightly nerfed
- all useless skills 4% bonus damage (you know what this is)

The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last bumped on Oct 14, 2016, 4:10:17 PM
GGG tactics is like that:

Find Builds that can kill Shaper with under 50ex budget = nerf them.
hmm - boring
"
Bars wrote:

- BV, pathfinder and ancestral warchief are untouched

Props for including warchief. Somehow it gets forgot from the most people's op list. But what exactly makes it op- is it gem itself? Or is it steel rings pushing Facebreaker into land of stupidity? Or both?

Is warchief op if you play it with some 1h or 2h weapon (I'm asking, I haven't tried this myself) ?

P.S. You forgot Vinktar. As long as Vinktar exists, we can't have a balanced game.

"
Bars wrote:

- traps in all maps

What they added in Pier is not a big deal, and I say this as someone who hates traps.
So, nothing to worry about, as long as the trap cancer doesn't spread any more.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Oct 14, 2016, 2:25:59 AM
"
toyotatundra wrote:

Props for including warchief. Somehow it gets forgot from the most people's op list. But what exactly makes it op- is it gem itself? Or is it steel rings pushing Facebreaker into land of stupidity?

Is warchief actually op if you play it with some 1h or 2h weapon (I'm asking, I haven't tried this myself) ?

Warchief is a totem which has the same or even greater damage output as a normal attack skill - but you can have anywhere between 2 and 4 of them. You could actually have more but it would be overkill.

This is why it's a good boss killer build. Apart from that, I don't really have anything against the skill - IMO totems are like mines and traps, they should better be fucking great or no one would use them since they put a hard cap on clear speed.

This thread isn't a not-too-subtle way of saying "GGG should do the exact opposite of what I wrote". It's just me fooling around - don't take it too seriously :) I was thinking along the lines of 'what would a troll do with patch 2.5'.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Oct 14, 2016, 2:32:50 AM
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

- BV, pathfinder and ancestral warchief are untouched

Props for including warchief. Somehow it gets forgot from the most people's op list. But what exactly makes it op- is it gem itself? Or is it steel rings pushing Facebreaker into land of stupidity? Or both?

I'd go with both. When I saw 130% Multi on Warchief (and buff from ~70 to 130 for Protector), I was wondering if QA was having a nice binge... :V Seriously, every other Totem skill either have very low Multiplier or requires you to stick additional support gem to work.
They also made Warchief an AoE gem, so that you can stick 60% More damage (Conc effect), instead of 31% less (Ranged attack totem). Who'd expect it to be so op, lol...

And then there is Facebreaker buff in form of Steel Ring. Durrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Oct 14, 2016, 2:35:05 AM
People actually want a melee totem skill to be nerfed?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Bars wrote:
- BV, pathfinder and ancestral warchief are untouched (because fuck you forum, fuck you reddit, you think you can tell us what to do or you can predict what we're going to do? HA!)
- traps in all maps (no worries, if this makes people quit, it'll only be the minority™)
- uber lab chests nerfed to insignificance, enchants nerfed hard - we are concerned that some players seem to enjoy the lab and we want to remedy that
- the writhing jar is now unaffected by any flask-related bonuses (a.k.a. fuck you wormblaster, can't you take a hint and delete your goddamn character?)

Trigger gem Improvements™:
- cospri's malice destroyed, people were doing somewhat passable builds with it and we obviously can't have that
- players who had bad CoC discharge builds reported an actual improvement after patch 2.4, this is unacceptable so Discharge damage when triggered is nerfed by another 30%
- Mjolner internal cooldown increased to .15 seconds to 'improve server performance'

Melee Improvements™:
- all useful skills slightly nerfed
- all useless skills 4% bonus damage (you know what this is)
This is a buffs.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
I LOVE HOW FUNNY THESE THREADS ALWAYS ARE EVERY TIME THEY GET POSTED EVERY COUPLE OF WEEKS - YOUR VERSIONS ARE NOT AS FUNNY AS SEXCALIBURES VERSIONS THOUGH - THOSE ARE HILARIOUS.
"
Nephalim wrote:
People actually want a melee totem skill to be nerfed?

People always want any popular build which does all endgame bosses without a ton of exalts to be nerfed. There's a type of poster who thinks like that: build X does endgame boss Y without struggling at a reasonable gear cost => NERF! NERF11!1!!

Another big no-no: doing league first on the new endgame boss. This guarantees a lot of unwanted attention by cryharders and gives them a convenient argument - they could spend the next three months only saying 'this skill is bullshit, I mean just look at PopularStreamerDude who killed BossIhaveNeverKilled at week 2 in HC, we obviously can't have that!'.
Last edited by Bars on Oct 14, 2016, 3:30:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info