cash shop?

"
Perq wrote:
"
w4rc2y wrote:
"
Romados wrote:
Let me try to translate what you are saying using a pizza analogy.

Suppose GGG is a pizzeria.

GGG gives free pizza to everyone on a normal white plate.
If people want, they can pay to have a fancy plate to eat their pizza on.
The people who don't pay for the fancy plate still get the same pizza as everyone else.

You are upset because you don't want to pay for a fancy plate but you would rather pay for your pizza instead.

I dunno, free delicious pizza on a normal plate sounds like a good deal. If you are worried about what other people think of your normal white plate, just eat your pizza alone in your hideout and visit towns only briefly when needed.

Literally lost IQ points reading this

IQ can't be negative.

GGG explained why this system works like this. You make PoE a B2P game, 80% of playerbase is gone. No one to trade with, no one to play with, no one to share your Vaal or no balls. Add incredibly long and hard learning process, and you get a game that very few will pay for, and GGG will share its fate with many other developers.
For online games, it is live or die, when it comes to amount of players online. If paying players have no one to play with, they will leave.

Also, did I mention you'd have to drop additional 40$ every new expansion?

Honestly, if you are so outraged about not being able to look fancy, while getting a full game for free, with all of the expansions, I guess you are better of to be milked by Activision Blizzard.

If the game is good people will buy it, which poe is
Last edited by w4rc2y on Oct 20, 2016, 1:01:22 AM
"
Aynix wrote:
So you complain that the game is free to play because you want to look cool, and you think that if the was B2P you would have all those cool shiny armours/skills for free? Lol, have you ever played any B2P MMO?

You're right, never played a B2P MMO before in my entire life.. how do I even turn on my computer? What would I do without you.
"
Kingoko wrote:
"
w4rc2y wrote:
Played PoE off and on since 2012. The only thing that keeps me from really sticking to this game is the cash shop. The "pay to look cool" factor in this game is insane. Why couldn't PoE just be a B2P title? Id gladly play pay $60-80, and pay for follow on expansions....

I like to read such bullshit actually time to time, got some fun. I completly dont get what the f### you want? You want pay subscriptions/ expansions or whatever? Thats fine. Buy lowest supporter pack every 6 months and its same. You got full acces to game and also points to buy mtx you like. Let free players enjoy this game too. [Removed by Support]

Its called earning the items not buying them, something new school children to gaming you wouldn't understand
I would gladly give GGG money if ever there was financial crisis that could potentially cause them to shut down the servers.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
If the game was B2P you would complain that you have to spend even more money in order to have the cool mtx effects.

This is because B2P games use a supplementary cash shop to help pay server and development costs.

If it was a P2P subscription model you would complain that you have to spend even more money in order to have the cool mtx effects.

This is because the recent trend in P2P games is to have a supplementary cash shop for exclusive/event/limited edition items/effects in order to cash in on whales, and hoarders/collectors.
"
w4rc2y wrote:
Why couldn't PoE just be a B2P title? Id gladly play pay $60-80, and pay for follow on expansions....

player/game relationship is like a partnership between couples: the fun ends when it becomes a duty to be commited to your partner aka "teh marriage".

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I'll keep supporting GGG until they do something silly like revive coins or temporary premium stashs! wait... /s
Last edited by Dorithe on Oct 20, 2016, 7:27:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info