cash shop?

Played PoE off and on since 2012. The only thing that keeps me from really sticking to this game is the cash shop. The "pay to look cool" factor in this game is insane. Why couldn't PoE just be a B2P title? Id gladly play pay $60-80, and pay for follow on expansions....

Idk with Blizzcon around the corner, getting back in that mood for an arpg, just wanted to get that off my chest.

P.S. D2HD/D4 Hype
Last edited by w4rc2y on Oct 13, 2016, 12:06:47 AM
Last bumped on Oct 20, 2016, 7:15:36 AM
You do that I cut off my support.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Let me try to translate what you are saying using a pizza analogy.

Suppose GGG is a pizzeria.

GGG gives free pizza to everyone on a normal white plate.
If people want, they can pay to have a fancy plate to eat their pizza on.
The people who don't pay for the fancy plate still get the same pizza as everyone else.

You are upset because you don't want to pay for a fancy plate but you would rather pay for your pizza instead.

I dunno, free delicious pizza on a normal plate sounds like a good deal. If you are worried about what other people think of your normal white plate, just eat your pizza alone in your hideout and visit towns only briefly when needed.

Last edited by Romados on Oct 12, 2016, 9:46:07 PM
"
w4rc2y wrote:
Played PoE off and on since 2012. The only thing that keeps me from really sticking to this game is the cash shop. The "pay to look cool" factor in this game is insane. Why couldn't PoE just be a B2P title? Id gladly play pay $60-80, and pay for follow on expansions....

Idk with Blizzcon around the corner, getting back in that mood for an arpg, just wanted to get that off my chest.

What's the pay to look cool cash shop got to do with b2p? Are you expecting free unlimited access to all the cosmetic mtx's with that 60-80$?

Off-topic: Going to be super disappointed if they don't announce D4 at blizzcon. :/
Interesting idea OP but I like how it is now. People pay to bling, especially some alt.arts.

off topic*

D2 HD Hypee!!
I'd personally prefer the game to be pay 2 play too, but it cannot be changed. I see more drawbacks for the player in the free 2 play model than I see benefits.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Going pay to play doesn't mean GGG will include everything. They've got a taste for mtx money, and it must be good, judging bytrade tabs and how many mystery boxes they put out. I bet they keep selling mtx and mystery boxes separately even if the game went pay to play.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

Mmm... you can also get cool MTX by completing league challanges, so what is there to complain about?

The only thing you might really need is stash tabs, and dropping 20 dollars is enough for that.

Sooo.. just another troll post.
"
w4rc2y wrote:

I get where you're coming from, but if you make careful choices you can get some pretty nifty stuff that looks great.

When you're actively fighting, the main thing that you and others will see are your skills, so it's a good idea to take a look at some of the alternate skill effects.

Have you ever used Vaal Cold Snap with the Cold Grasp effect?

It's literally jaw-dropping.
Here's a video from a couple years back.

That one's 70 points, (45 when on sale) and also works with the regular Cold Snap.

Full armour mtxs can be pricy but if you keep your eyes on the daily deal you can get some decent prices.

Also, if you're not linked to Steam, give that a try. There are a few unique helmet mtxs that you can only get through Steam which tend to be cheaper than the ones from the Shop.

You can also snag mtx rewards from the challenge leagues which really aren't too hard to get. (so long as you're not trying for the 40/40)
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on Oct 13, 2016, 4:18:02 AM
So you complain that the game is free to play because you want to look cool, and you think that if the was B2P you would have all those cool shiny armours/skills for free? Lol, have you ever played any B2P MMO?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info