Underrated Uniques

"
ladish wrote:

That crit dam reduction works at end game as well ;). Belt of the deceiver + indomitable passive will cut any crit damage by 50% (ofc you take the full non-crit portion) especially useful vs powerful crit rares and crit mod maps. Downsides are underwhelming stats (especially the life) and pretty crippling if you hope to get anything out of block/spell block. Still if you build around it it's a 2 alt item with huge mitigation from some of the most dangerous spike damage you will encounter. Plus it gives you a skirt mtx :).

Losing out about 40-60 max life (or more with heavy/leather belt) is kinda bad, but the combo of the belt and that notable completely makes it up and a bit more. It is the cheaper option to that of what the Brass Dome which gives you no life and res at the cost of not taking any extra damage from crit.

Overall, I see Belt of the Deceiver as one of the best leveling belts period unless you use Facebreaker than Meginord's Girdle will pretty much be BiS for the setup throughout the entire game. Once you get into endgame, then Belt of the Deceiver will start having a lot of competition depending on the build setup. If you feel there is no other belt that can outperform Belt of the Deceiver by endgame with whatever build you have planned out, then you one less gear slot to worry about. Pretty much, I am 50-50 on Belt of the Deceiver being underrated, so I cannot really refute Belt of the Deceiver is not underrated (despite my previous post having the tone of refuting the case). :)
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Oct 16, 2016, 2:32:38 AM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
ladish wrote:

That crit dam reduction works at end game as well ;). Belt of the deceiver + indomitable passive will cut any crit damage by 50% (ofc you take the full non-crit portion) especially useful vs powerful crit rares and crit mod maps. Downsides are underwhelming stats (especially the life) and pretty crippling if you hope to get anything out of block/spell block. Still if you build around it it's a 2 alt item with huge mitigation from some of the most dangerous spike damage you will encounter. Plus it gives you a skirt mtx :).

Losing out about 40-60 max life (or more with heavy/leather belt) is kinda bad, but the combo of the belt and that notable completely makes it up and a bit more. It is the cheaper option to that of what the Brass Dome which gives you no life and res at the cost of not taking any extra damage from crit.

Overall, I see Belt of the Deceiver as one of the best leveling belts period unless you use Facebreaker than Meginord's Girdle will pretty much be BiS for the setup throughout the entire game. Once you get into endgame, then Belt of the Deceiver will start having a lot of competition depending on the build setup. If you feel there is no other belt that can outperform Belt of the Deceiver by endgame with whatever build you have planned out, then you one less gear slot to worry about. Pretty much, I am 50-50 on Belt of the Deceiver being underrated, so I cannot really refute Belt of the Deceiver is not underrated (despite my previous post having the tone of refuting the case). :)

It isn't the best belt in the game but I've used it on a few end game builds. Like you say it is great for leveling so may be popular for that (at least I tend to see a fair amount of the mtx around town).
"
Geisalt wrote:
"
epancake wrote:
"
adghar wrote:
I dunno if it counts as underrated, but Oro's Sacrifice gives absolutely insane bang for the buck. 1 chaos and it grants super massive damage. Well, your build will probably require more than that (30c? I don't remember prices) for a 5L, but the sword itself is dirt cheap for the throbbing raw power it gives.

actually only raw weapon dps is higher than a physical 2h. I did the math comparing the avg. physical tree with neversink's oro tree and the resulting dmg is even lower than the phys. About 5300 dps (with a 400 dps axe) for physical and 5100 for oro. Also with oro you need fire pen and flammability curse

neversink Oro' tree is VERY bad.

I can make you a 1M flicker slayer dps build if you want ( with shock and pene, full charge, so like 300K tooltip) With 90% crit chance so you ignite all the time.

K thx and 6K hp, unfortunately it needs assa mark to be efficient, and flamma gives good dps but it can be replaced by enfeeble.

So yeak never sink build is just bad ;)

Fire pene is not a downside, it boosts the effective damage, elemental is always lower by 30% compared to physical, because of resistances. So the 750 DPS is comparable to a 500 weapon damage; )
with 40% fire penetration you get a 825 dps weapon compared to a weapon with 500 physical 1.5 melee phys 750. There is a some scaling difference but it's the general idea.

The main difficulty is to get damage scaling with increased%, there is a lot of ways but the best is rings, belt and amulet: 150% increased easily.

i guess i was wrong then, i would like to see the build

most under rated unique
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Malachai's Loop
Obviously it has so OPAF use that GGG had to bring down build competition thread with that unique as a target item.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on Oct 17, 2016, 2:36:30 AM
I'm not sure but Malachai's Simula is great if you get it early on for BM Builds as it helps you maintaining your attack/spells until you grab the BM Keystone.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.

since Harbringers got base crit implict, there is no much love for good old LG amongst archers.
Burn all the orbs!
another reason is the "Reflect Cannot Be Evaded" mod.
IGN TylordRampage
That's true, but if I may add my 3 shards here (as big LG fan for a long time)

Imo that LG/reflect stuff was overrated issue. Even if it was aura/blue pack mod in pre 2.0, so 10 time more annoying than it's now. The reason of this opinion was that eva+ondar guile were meta for archers, so quite obvious that they'd gib them on first reflect pack. There was no PtL gem yet, too so actually that might look bad at first sight.
You needed IReflexes, decent hp pool and srsly needed to be careful with offcreen shooting. No way for HC I belive, tho %D

Burn all the orbs!

Most people cast this one into the pit due to how half of its potency is flat out broken.

but it is rather ridiculous how useful it can be for scaling durability for select minions like zombies

slotting them into that vs say another 6 link with no + levels

add over 20% more damage , 4000 life , 500+ life regen .

life regen on minions is deceptively powerful because you can scale their hp to levels that out pace even ci players supported by guardians.

it some cases it can mean the difference between losing minion in say a chimera fight and having them easily face tank the same chimera and lose nothing.

this staff is why i could bring in zero link i level 60 spectres into a t16 boss fight and have them survive the event.

if it weren’t for the fact that skull head is on a god awful base with no energy shield at all that helm would also be equally valuable ... sadly it is .. and i r sad because of it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info