Vorici colouring

It would be really nice if Vorici could have the option to colour 4,5 and 6 sockets.

At the moment it is really terrible, after the hard work to farm a six link you shouldn´t be punished with even higher costs to colour it.
It is just frustrating and blocks build options. I dont want it cheap but atleast i want it at some point. Right now i just spend chromas worth many exalteds for nothing.
1500 fusing orbs arent cheap but when i have them i know i have my 6 link.

Last bumped on Oct 25, 2016, 3:54:31 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The problem with this is that getting colors currently are weighted. Based on the chrome calculator, the avg. number of chromes needed, using single chroms to get 6 red sockets on a Shavs is 3,499,226.6. This would mean that the Vorici cost would need to be HIGHER than that (if you follow the same rule of vorici's bench costing slightly more than the expected "average" to 6L and item). There is a lot of balance involved in the difficulty of getting colors on items, for example Lioneye's chest would be great for a bunch of builds that would use 3B3G or 4G2B... but that is VERY hard to get, intentionally.
Even if it isn't based on so extreme an example as Shavs (which requires 180 Int), it would be an astronomical number.
U MAD?
Call me a white Knight, but I kinda like colouring in the spot it is now. No sarcasm, I like old fashioned stat juggling to make things work, especially when there's a logical reason for it (Marceus Lioneye was a strong, skilled warrior who wasn't known for his smarts. Why would he be able to channel the power of Intelligence-based virtue gems? At least, not without a substantial amount of fuckery with Chromatic Orbs).
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
Call me a white Knight, but I kinda like colouring in the spot it is now.

Me too.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
it is understandable what you say, my post is full of frustration to have wasted so many chromas and still no succes.

Want a 4r g b vaal regalia... in all my trys i saw 6r, 5r, 5r+g, 4r+2g and so on just my combination does not appear...

It is this feeling that there is no end to it, it could be the next one but it could be thousands more...

Well, that sucks - but you kind of knew what you were getting yourself into. It will cost - on average - 3800 chromes or so to get that coloring. Could take five times as much though. If you are not prepared for that, well...

BTW, if you are playing on Standard, there are two on sale at the moment (online, in total there is 8, the cheapest one being 17ex), which does give you a way out for a fixed price if you need that specific coloring.
"
Ueblesding wrote:

Want a 4r g b vaal regalia... in all my trys i saw 6r, 5r, 5r+g, 4r+2g and so on just my combination does not appear...

Get the ES version of Atziri's Splendour.
Spend already 10000 chromas. Last twenty trys just 3 blue and 3red. Zero charackter progression in this time with a lot of time effort.

What i could have bought in this time...

And that just for some colours...
Yeah the coloring of sockets in this game (as well as linking/socketing) is fucking horrible

Your character's progression is basically gated behind this "mechanic" that basically serves only to limit build diversity.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Oct 22, 2016, 8:42:21 AM
Which does in fact leave the question, why didn't you get a Splendour?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info