EVGA GTX 1060 Superclocked 6gb DDR5

Hello.

Thinking of replacing my HIS R9 280 X² iceQ, I'm kinda done with ATI, wanna try some Nvidia (plus ATIs work so bad with PoE, which I'm playing a lot right now, amongst other not-ATI-friendly games).

Checked a lot of reviews, seeing my budget, the EVGA 1060 SC 6G caught my eye, it seems to run really well (almost twice as fast as my card), it's small, which is a really good thing for the overall airflow of my case, and it looks like it's open a tweaks.

Although, I'm a little concerned about heat, in most reviews they say that it's fine, not mind-blowing, but for a one-fanned cooler entry card it's really good.

So does anybody have this card, and tell me a bit about their rigs and temperature ?

Also, does PoE run nicely with it ? (note that with my R9 280, it pretty much runs like shit, when I'm solo, it's fine, though I died a lot to mini freeze and have a lot of stutter, and in groups it's barely playable)

Thanks !

PS : my rig, just in case :

Fractal Design Define R5
Z77-D3H GIGABYTE
I5 3470@4GHZ
HIS R9 280 X² IceQ
2 x 4gb Kingston Hyper X
600W PSU BeQuiet 82+ gold

PPS : Any feedback on others aftermarket 1060 is very welcome.
IGN :
Theyseemebreaching
Last edited by Juju_el_pampazor on Oct 8, 2016, 3:14:40 AM
Last bumped on Oct 10, 2016, 2:13:01 PM
I just picked up a GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 Windforce OC GV-N1060WF2OC-6GD about two weeks ago.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125901

I have to say its pretty nice. Its cool, quiet, and fast. I only game in 1080p since my monitors are 1080p, and it has stomped everything Ive thrown at it. I did a lot of research before I bought, and the differences in the 1060s are minimal, I bought this one because it had two dvi connectors.

On a side note, all of them ive read about and mine as well seem to overclock pretty well.
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 11:17:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info