Visiting New Zealand

I hear the Headhunters motorcycle club has lots of fun. Might pay them a visit.
Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang
"
Alysma wrote:
Abel Tasman National Park. When we went there, we did a guided combined day trip with some sea kayaking and a hike back to our pick up point. Kayaking was fun but is maybe not for little ones.

can confirm, the first part of the cayaking tour leads some hundred meters into the open sea because of some cliffs (called the "mad mile"), we nearly drowned because the tour guide went for it anyway and waves reached nearly one meter, couldn't move my arms for 3 days afterwards.

way back was fine though, abel tasman beach is a amazingly beautiful gold coast. the boat tour in good wheather or parts of the original 5 day tour along the 4 huts on the island is the nicest thing you can get: sea lions, penguins, palms, wombats ... wait, that was australia.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Oct 7, 2016, 7:52:47 PM
I wouldn't ever visit a place like New Zealand again. It's voted as one of the "happiest" countries in the world. In fact this year (2016) it is ranked top 10 on the World Happiness Index:

Spoiler

[Removed by Support]. Women in New Zealand have very high self-esteem. Trust me you do NOT want to go there. See if you can get your wife to change destinations to one of the countries at least on the bottom quarter; Italy, Nicaragua, Ecuador,El Salvador...etc.

Basically stick to South America and you will be fine. Enjoy your vacation with your family.
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Oct 8, 2016, 8:53:47 AM
"
ivqancorp wrote:
I wouldn't ever visit a place like New Zealand again. It's voted as one of the "happiest" countries in the world. In fact this year (2016) it is ranked top 10 on the World Happiness Index:

Spoiler

[Removed by Support]. Women in New Zealand have very high self-esteem. Trust me you do NOT want to go there. See if you can get your wife to change destinations to one of the countries at least on the bottom quarter; Italy, Nicaragua, Ecuador,El Salvador...etc.

Basically stick to South America and you will be fine. Enjoy your vacation with your family.

...it's going to take decades to recover the loss of faith in humanity after reading this. Sigh.

Anyway, I'm also one of the folks who's definitely going to visit NZ at one point in my life. I'm not sure when though. It's hard to find enough weeks in a row where it's okay for me to be gone from work with my job. I know it's best to visit for a longer time period, because there's so much to see, so many places to visit and time flies faster than the airplane that takes you there and back again. No pun intended... okay maybe it was.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Oct 8, 2016, 8:54:37 AM
"
Xavathos wrote:

...it's going to take decades to recover the loss of faith in humanity after reading this. Sigh.

oh wow, I'm guessing you haven't read his other posts about how he failed his classes because of PoE and how he scammed his parents lol.

"
almostdead wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:

oh wow, I'm guessing you haven't read his other posts about how he failed his classes because of PoE and how he scammed his parents lol.

I thought him being an US veteran was the better story. He's a troll of the highest quality among this forums that's for sure.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
I'd highly recommend Coromandel as a good destination to spend some time.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
"
Gary_GGG wrote:

definitely on our list this year, can you recommend any special activity there?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"
Gary_GGG wrote:

definitely on our list this year, can you recommend any special activity there?

The Coromandel Ranges are awesome if you enjoy hiking and tramping. There's also several camping grounds around.

There's old gold mines that you can explore, and if you enjoy fossicking, it's possible (though unlikely) to find alluvial gold in the streams.

Depending on time of year, there is the Scallop Festival in Whitianga.

Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
This one is fun, too: The Waterworks, near Coromandel Town.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info