HideYourCurrency HoT build

I always thought it was classed as "Enchantment" where damage is boosted by "spell damage", but isn't a direct "Spell" in it self, thus never was actually blockable/dodgeable.

I don't know for sure myself, but before dying sun came out, 1 winter projectile was more than enough to kill me, perhaps a winter tvalue reduction? or ball lightning cannot exceed x amount of hits?

I don't know, but nice to know for sure though.
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
Last edited by 1Tokimeki2003 on Oct 5, 2016, 2:07:43 PM
i have almost the same skill tree lol , btw nice build
Anyone else get hot and bothered after looking at this build?
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Very nice! I was wondering about the details of your build for a while. I'm a bit disappointed it's 'just' another grand spectrum build :/

Why did you chose X of Winter? Is it the strongest glove enchant?
My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158
"
Legasi wrote:
Very nice! I was wondering about the details of your build for a while. I'm a bit disappointed it's 'just' another grand spectrum build :/

it is strongest thing in the whole game. with just 1 link.

10k life one shots inc.

so lovely <3
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Oct 6, 2016, 5:37:32 PM
"
Rupenus wrote:
"
Legasi wrote:

it is strongest thing in the whole game. with just 1 link.

10k life one shots inc.

so lovely <3

If they remove the winter, these hot only hits me for 4-5k, which is pretty much flaskable~

"
1Tokimeki2003 wrote:
I always thought it was classed as "Enchantment" where damage is boosted by "spell damage", but isn't a direct "Spell" in it self, thus never was actually blockable/dodgeable.

I don't know for sure myself, but before dying sun came out, 1 winter projectile was more than enough to kill me, perhaps a winter tvalue reduction? or ball lightning cannot exceed x amount of hits?

I don't know, but nice to know for sure though.

But I feel the need to correct myself here, winter IS block and dodgeable after some tests.
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
Last edited by 1Tokimeki2003 on Oct 6, 2016, 6:45:26 PM
[removed]
Last edited by Aodui on Sep 1, 2017, 12:40:09 PM
"
Aodui wrote:
"
1Tokimeki2003 wrote:
But I feel the need to correct myself here, winter IS block and dodgeable after some tests.

I have also independently confirmed this using a high block high life character using Koam's roots.

My current belief is that the real damage is that it is hitting multiple times as it knocks you back ever-so-slightly, so blocking/dodging does not seem apparent as you would not be able to notice if you blocked or dodged it unless you were immune to knockback, as it has X many times to try again until it does hit you. The knockback might not even be intended and it would be good if someone else can confirm or destroy this theory.

Removing the knockback (if there) may be enough of a nerf to fix it, but it still does a stupid amount of damage for free, so the real solution may be to add t-values to all the glove enchants and nerf Winter (and Fury, that projectile skill that fires in a 360, that is not currently popular but still OP) into the ground.

In DII I remember players using all slow gear (Cleglaws and others) being ostracized (before it was nerfed) and that was generally how the PVP community dealt with them; we could use psychological pressure to drive out players relying heavily on things like Commandment of Winter, or the other really broken flask based builds, but we are low on PVPers and need everyone we have.

So please, GGG, if you are listening, take a gander at enchants, secondary damage, flasks (especially worms...), and see what you can do to remove some bottom of the barrel options from the table so we can see more interesting builds in the Arena.

Oh and nerf Aegis too.

Also, probably nerf the new laser beam channeled skill as well, but wait until everyone buys the MTX for it.

Thank you.

im not saying winter is balanced but it doesnt deal that much dmg for "free" for sure,the winter usually getting buffed from an average tree gets benefits of proj spell ele etc,its just my HoT set-up benefits winter aswell with the entire tree which is 1125% ele dmg,so other players winters are htting good but its not a big deal of a balance issue unless you are also using GS or a glass canon with spell dmg and crit

the thing here is shotgunning coming with dyng sun,multiple hits of multiple projectiles stack and they all overlap when they first leave the player.thats where the un-modded raw dmg shines if you are really close to the target(real melee)

about your observations; i think its really important that pvp community takes care of such mechanics to a balanced level however since GGG listens to a couple of members constantly crying about stuff,its human nature that they feel the need to shut it down with over doing things such as inevitable judgement.so its needed to provide "true" information so have to step forward here, your build only relied on spell dodge with no other defensive mechanic and i dont think this test can lead us to a proper conclusion because you were going to die with a frost bolt projectile aswell.maybe we can change the test name to "is my char pvp viable or not"

an important info on our way to get the real conclusion; one single projectile never killed an average tier pvp character who knows how to make a defensive set-up

i said it before,ill say it again the issue is with shotgunning and nothing else,not that im trying to protect my build but to protect any content from emotional observations gathered by insufficient data.

● HideYourCurrency
Last edited by YarrakKafasi on Oct 7, 2016, 10:50:07 AM
[removed]
Last edited by Aodui on Sep 1, 2017, 12:41:45 PM
"I have more than one character and you are not the only player who uses Commandment of Winter or HoT on a six link for that matter"

-non of your charaters are not suitable for testing pvp stuff

"The character I was testing knockback with was called Groanan, which is a Gladiator I quickly put reflect gear on to harass blade vortex, whispering ice, sparks, and barrage players"

-not related to the topic

"Previously I have played against non-shotgunning Commandment of Winter players"

-not suitable for testing + not everyone has boosted winter as i already said multiple times

"Take out enough jewels to be around the average elemental damage of the type of build that will use Commandment of Winter, stop shotgunning it, and see how much damage it does normally - compare that damage to Molten Shell, Tempest Shield, Vengeance, Reckoning, and Riposte (hell, compare it to Discharge)"

-thread is about why MY winter deals this damage and the answer is 15GS + dying sun,we already know average winter doesnt deal this much damage

"I think knockback is worth investigating as a source, but I know Commandment of Winter is broken (as is Commandment of Fury to a lesser extent)"

"Anyone trying to justify otherwise is too emotionally invested in getting free kills from passives, highly likely due to their inability to play the game in a manner that requires positioning, targeting, or anything resembling sentience"

-dont need winter to get free kills vs 95% of the community,PoE requires theory crafting and currency/time investment the skill requiring can be ignored because it is nearly 0,if it didnt i have LA and EA too on the same toon and i dont have any targeting issues(you should be more creative and rely on facts when you try to accuse/insult/attack)

"It is not "your build" people are requesting to be nerfed, it the broken skills and mechanics your build (and others) are exploiting, which have been noted on, repeatedly in this forum, for quite a long time; what you should really be thinking is whether or not you want the Arena filled with more players doing what you are doing"

-its "my" build that has winter invested,if you are asking for 1 projectile non-boosted winter to receive a nerf you may have knowledge related issues,i dont care what arena is filled with,the topic is balance

"Is that a fun experience? Should we all do that?
Your character is a glass cannon, do you really want to have to deal with more people using Commandment of Winter?"

-you should feel lucky that you are still taken seriously after you said "Your character is a glass cannon"

"This is why troll ES tank builds, passive damage builds, and (what looks like but isn't really) 1-shotting Commandment of Winter needs to go.
This is why I don't take my reflect character seriously or gear him properly / put on more appropriate flasks, and why when I was using my chaos damage character (Venomfang) I gave him no flasks at all and usually just did cast on death and focused on attacking troll tanks."

"If you are really having fun with Commandment of Winter, my apologies, but I want that fun to end as soon as possible."

-im afraid you will suffer a lot more "fun" because even if winter had 50% less damage your suicide characters would still get one shotted when HoT is not activated

● HideYourCurrency
Last edited by YarrakKafasi on Oct 7, 2016, 2:14:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info