[2.4] The Righteous Incinerator (Chieftain based)

Passive tree for 2.4

History
Anyone remembers the old Incinerate meta? I do. Even after the nerfs, it's still a skill I enjoyed. And Righteous Fire? Who doesn't love being that walking ball of death? The synergy between Incinerate and Righteous Fire has always been my favourite part about this combination, so with the introduction of Ascendancy, I was exploring different classes.

After some thought, I settled down on Chieftain. Here's my reasons:

- Chieftain gives lots of fire damage and ignite, plus life regen. Perfect for RF.
- Generate endurance charges if you kill a burning enemy, which is like most of the time thanks to RF.
- You get additional 10% fire penetration for your Incinerate, plus that 1% life leech from fire damage gives a great way to sustain.
- Thanks to the free life leech, I decided to go Blood Magic since the only aura I really need is Purity of Fire, and I hate deal with -mana cost rings.
- I guess I also just REALLY WANTED TO USE THE RIGHTEOUS FIRE MTX.

Pros
- Easy to build
- No worries about mana cost
- No need to spam Enduring Cry if you are lazy
- Your RF does indeed do damage, so it's not just a fancy effect
- Very tanky with lots of life and regeneration
- Easy to gear

Cons
- Kinda costly due to 3 required uniques (Essence Worm, Doryani's Catalyst, Rise of the Phoenix)
- Gearing can be tricky as you need to reduce the amount of ES you have
- Can't get RF up until Purity of Fire is at 18
- Lots of map mods requires you to disable Righteous Fire (Still doable)
- Gems required are not available for Marauder rewards or for purchase, not recommended for first build
- Clear speed isn't as fast as meta builds
- Your movement speed is kinda crap if you have less than 25% movement speed boots

There's nothing much to talk about this build. Switch on Righteous Fire, walk through most white mobs, cast Incinerate on blue or yellow mobs, occasional cursing with Flammability on tougher rares.

You can be as active as you want to be, or lazy if you want to. Hit Quicksilver constantly to move from pack to pack to cast Incinerate, or just walk through white trash with your Righteous Fire, occasionally leeching life back with Incinerate.

When things get dangerous with a tough boss, drop a Flame Totem, blind everything while reducing your taken damage, while also increasing the damage taken by the monster. It's extremely useful to have, watch Izaro miss most of his auto attacks.

Spoiler

Key nodes

Blood magic to ignore mana cost, Elemental Overload for that sweet more damage.

Click here for passive tree for 2.4

Bandit: Help Oak, kill all, help Oak.

For your ascendancy, you pick up Ngamahu, then pick up Hinekora, Ramako for Merciless trial. For Uber you can choose Arohongui or Tawhoa. I personally picked Arohongui because I like getting the bonuses for putting in the effort for throwing a totem down strategically.

Spoiler

First tree
Second tree
These are the two trees I recommend while leveling. After that you can pick your priorities.

Spoiler

Required Uniques

My current gear
Spoiler

I recommend getting a good Marble Amulet only once you are rich and have currency to chaos spam a good one if you can't find one that fits your needs.

For the armour, please do not fret. You do NOT need a 5 off colour armour piece. I was spamming for a 3 blue + 1 green socket, but lucked out with getting 5 off colours. 4 off colours is not that hard to get on an armour piece assuming you are on a 6L.

I recommend the above for leveling for that extra movement speed, projectile speed and the dex requirement for LMP.

Spoiler

Incinerate links
Incinerate + Lesser Multiple Projectiles + Fire Penetration + Controlled Destruction + Iron Will/Faster Casting + Faster Projectiles/Faster Casting
If you get a 3b1g2r armour, go with Iron Will + Faster Casting.
If you get a 3b2g1r armour, go with Faster Projectiles + Faster Casting.

Use Faster Casting on your 6th link.

Righteous Fire links
Righteous Fire + Elemental Focus + Increased Burning Damage + Increased Area of Effect

Flame totem links
Flame Totem + Fire Penetration + Blind + Flame Golem
This is entirely up to you. I wanted my Flame Totem for more utility instead of damage, so I went with this combination and has worked great.

Cast when Damage Taken links
CWDT + Immortal Call + Increased Duration + Enfeeble
It's up to you for this.

Orb of Storm links
Orb of Storm + Increased Critical Strikes + Flammability
For proccing Elemental Overload

Leap Slam links
Leap Slam + Faster Attacks + Fortify
A bit slow, but it works.

Spoiler

Q: Which map mods can't be done?
A: Elemental reflect. I do not recommend that mod. No regeneration is doable but you need to swap out the ruby for another life flask, while -60% regen is doable without Righteous Fire active.

Q: Why can't I run righteous fire? I can't stop losing health!
A: Make sure Purity of Fire is level 18, and all the life regeneration nodes are taken. Also make sure you are hitting something while casting Incinerate as you need to leech the life back. Actually, when you go to your character sheet, make sure your Fire Resistance is 88%, no exception.

Tropical Island quick run
Last edited by Vulpix0r on Oct 17, 2016, 7:46:51 PM
Last bumped on Nov 8, 2016, 8:24:53 AM
Very nice guide.

I'm interested =)

What the highest tier of map that you completed with the build?

Ty,
"
LeoFantucci wrote:
Very nice guide.

I'm interested =)

What the highest tier of map that you completed with the build?

Ty,

Tier 11 has been my highest.
"
A: Make sure Righteous Fire is level 18, and all the life regeneration nodes are taken. Also make sure you are hitting something while casting Incinerate as you need to leech the life back. Actually, when you go to your character sheet, make sure your Fire Resistance is 88%, no exception.

nice to see incinerate beeing used again i loved it in 1.3 with maxblock/spellblock and consuming dark. also you seem to have a typo in your faq section you mean Purity of Fire lv18 instaed of righteous fire.
"
karui wrote:
"
A: Make sure Righteous Fire is level 18, and all the life regeneration nodes are taken. Also make sure you are hitting something while casting Incinerate as you need to leech the life back. Actually, when you go to your character sheet, make sure your Fire Resistance is 88%, no exception.

nice to see incinerate beeing used again i loved it in 1.3 with maxblock/spellblock and consuming dark. also you seem to have a typo in your faq section you mean Purity of Fire lv18 instaed of righteous fire.

Fixed it, thanks. Not sure how I missed that.
Really nice to see Incinerate in 2.4 without being CI or way too expensive gear.

Would you mind adding screenshot on Offense / Defense, DPS tool tip, etc.? That would be really helpful.

And more video of High tier mapping, Atziri if possible.

Thumbs up for the build.
Last edited by tqkviptqk on Oct 21, 2016, 2:38:22 PM
how much hp regen do u have?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info