Star Trek: The Libertarian Edition

Funniest thing iv seen in a while:
https://youtu.be/jgRlzFIgm1E
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Last bumped on Oct 4, 2016, 9:16:41 AM
KHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNGRESS

haha
hahaha, pretty good.

Trek against Trump could learn a thing or two from it too. (not being obvious shills for example)
Oblivious
"
Disrupted wrote:
hahaha, pretty good.

Trek against Trump could learn a thing or two from it too. (not being obvious shills for example)

I mean they are kinda shilling for The Gary but in this context it's alright.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:
hahaha, pretty good.

I mean they are kinda shilling for The Gary but in this context it's alright.

Yeah, they are being funny about it instead of being some sort of virtue-signaling retard disappearing into their own ass while supporting someone that would be a villain in the series.
Oblivious
"
Disrupted wrote:

some sort of virtue-signaling retard disappearing into their own ass

Please. Dont associate virtue with negativity. Nothing is more important than our moral values. NOTHING.

For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
"
SkyCore wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:

some sort of virtue-signaling retard disappearing into their own ass

Please. Dont associate virtue with negativity. Nothing is more important than our moral values. NOTHING.

It is important to have values but its also important to not be deluded and degrade virtuosity.
Are you sure you shouldnt be telling that to them instead?
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Oct 2, 2016, 2:33:45 PM
"
SkyCore wrote:
Nothing is more important than our moral values. NOTHING.
Not quite.

If ethics is the science of what we should and shouldn't do, then yes, ethics is the most important thing. But that's a but of a tautology. What we choose to do is the full output of our consciousnesses; we have no other output. Thus, we literally have nothing to regret except for lapses in our ethical judgment.

However, the way you phrased it is "our moral values." Values is a key word, meaning principles or standards. Ours is a key word, too. If you mean to force your facts to suit your theories instead of the other way around, that's dangerous.

The most important ethics of all is epistemological. We have a choice in which hypothesis we sanctify as theory; belief is something we do, and is just as covered by ethics as any of our other actions. The most basic and elemental of all evils is the belief in falsehood.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

The most basic and elemental of all evils is the belief in falsehood.

I agree completely. Which is why i was so saddened when you failed to respond when i posted contradictions in your ideology. Im not out to win, so please dont take the mentality of recriminations. Im out to find the truth, and hopefully help others in doing the same.

Have i ventured into virtue-signalling territory yet?
"
SkyCore wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

The most basic and elemental of all evils is the belief in falsehood.

I agree completely. Which is why i was so saddened when you failed to respond when i posted contradictions in your ideology. Im not out to win, so please dont take the mentality of recriminations. Im out to find the truth, and hopefully help others in doing the same.

Have i ventured into virtue-signalling territory yet?

You are presuming free will, which could be a false belief. Further, we haven't established that agencies outside ourselves exist, so for all intents and purposes, you are saddened by failing to respond to what you posted, but you didn't have any choice in the actions or feeling sad about it.

Spoiler
Or the non-response could have been an attempt at free will, which failed when you responded while trying not to respond

It could have all been programmed by your DNA, just lke a newborn fawn born knowing how to stand, walk and run and just waiting for the chemical cascade of neurotransmitters to sync up that first time.

Ok, the hypothalamus is signaling that it is time to change personalities. This portion of your personality is eager to see how the other portions respond.

The other portions could all choose not to respond to the thread anymore and thus prove they have free will, but I don't think they have that option.

I have to admit to myself, that I enjoyed watching the clip immensely and didn't find it difficult to pretend I hadn't seen it before. Thanks for sharing this experience with the other portions of your consciousness!

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Oct 3, 2016, 1:23:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info