[2.5] Lacerate Starforge Slayer - Lacerforge - Atlas of World - Eng game aviable, video UP!

Would brass dome+haste work instead of cherrubim+grace?
Been playing this build in Breach league and I have been having fun with it. (intentionally avoided Blade Flurry) Picked up a 700dps Starforge for about 10ex, and over the past week picked up an almost perfect voidheart for about 5ex and a Lacerate uber enchant devoto's for about 3ex.

Other than 6L'ing the sword, and maybe picking up a couple of the unique potions, I think this char is pretty much done. Not bad for a little over 1 week into the league, though I must admit I'm tempted to sell the Starforge and pick up a rare 550+ dps sword. Blowing up packs with Herald of Ash/Hatred is a lot of fun, something you can't do with Starforge (as you deal zero elemental damage while wielding it). Though Starforge allows you to be more defensive, as you can run defensive auras/curses instead. I'm temporarily using the Revelry node (to make no-regen maps and mana easier to manage), and using fortify support gem with lacerate for convenience.

A Doomsower sword is more than capable of taking you into T13 maps (or even further), though some of the Breaches/Bosses at that tier of map will be annoying without sufficient DPS. While using a Doomsower you can pick up jewelry with flat ele damage, as well as use hatred/herald of ash.

This build suffers in any situation where your character is slowed (for example against the Tul Breach boss), as potions/immunities don't seem to have any effect on the slow applied by him and his adds. This is not necessarily a flaw of this build though, but of any build which relies on maintaining its high attack speed. Lacerate right now is probably one of the more fun melee skills to use especially with multistrike's autoaim which makes it convenient to play. And it's not expensive at all, as you can use a Doomsower with some mediocre rare gear and still achieve great results.
"
Drexion wrote:
Been playing this build in Breach league and I have been having fun with it. (intentionally avoided Blade Flurry) Picked up a 700dps Starforge for about 10ex, and over the past week picked up an almost perfect voidheart for about 5ex and a Lacerate uber enchant devoto's for about 3ex.

Other than 6L'ing the sword, and maybe picking up a couple of the unique potions, I think this char is pretty much done. Not bad for a little over 1 week into the league, though I must admit I'm tempted to sell the Starforge and pick up a rare 550+ dps sword. Blowing up packs with Herald of Ash/Hatred is a lot of fun, something you can't do with Starforge (as you deal zero elemental damage while wielding it). Though Starforge allows you to be more defensive, as you can run defensive auras/curses instead. I'm temporarily using the Revelry node (to make no-regen maps and mana easier to manage), and using fortify support gem with lacerate for convenience.

A Doomsower sword is more than capable of taking you into T13 maps (or even further), though some of the Breaches/Bosses at that tier of map will be annoying without sufficient DPS. While using a Doomsower you can pick up jewelry with flat ele damage, as well as use hatred/herald of ash.

This build suffers in any situation where your character is slowed (for example against the Tul Breach boss), as potions/immunities don't seem to have any effect on the slow applied by him and his adds. This is not necessarily a flaw of this build though, but of any build which relies on maintaining its high attack speed. Lacerate right now is probably one of the more fun melee skills to use especially with multistrike's autoaim which makes it convenient to play. And it's not expensive at all, as you can use a Doomsower with some mediocre rare gear and still achieve great results.

I´m following your tips and it is working great! I´m brand new to the game and Voidheart was the biggest buy I´ve made so far. Do you have any tips on how to progress from where I am?(all resists capped, all the items, except Starforge). And would you give me your gem setup? I see your boots and helm have different setups looking at the post. Thanks a lot for your help!
Last edited by Bancrofti on Dec 18, 2016, 11:14:32 PM
As I hinted in my previous post, I went ahead and sold the Starforge and picked up a 729 dps rare sword (550phys, 180ele). I didn't enjoy Starforge's zero elemental damage property. Dropped 1789 fusings on the chest and it still won't 6L. That was annoying.

Put fortify in my lacerate links just for convenience, since its up always picked up the Fortify cluster and the Cloth and Chain node to raise tankiness slightly.

"
Bancrofti wrote:
would you give me your gem setup? I see your boots and helm have different setups looking at the post.
The gems should be viewable now:

For no-leech maps I use a low level clarity

When I 6L my chest (grrrr 1789 fusings so far!) I'll probably add bloodlust+melee dmg on full life to the AW links.

If you're using a starforge, using blasphemy, temp chains and grace are probably the best option

DPS with fortify, (aoe/conc)

DPS with added fire, (aoe/conc)

Playing this build in Breach league, now lvl 93 and I think this charactor is done. 34k dps with aoe, 6700 life, 176/170/176/43 resists in HO so I don't need to worry about elemental weakness mod and chaos damage.

I use fortify in my 6L since voidheart gives 65% poison. I also change the tree a bit so I have 5 jewel slots. On the tree there is few double dip nodes, so we should use jewel.

Gears

I am using Blasphemy - Vulnerability setup so the int requirement is quite high. You need 155 int for lvl 20 Vulnerability but actually we don't need lvl 20, lvl 19 has the same effect as lvl 20 which requires 151 int. So this is the minimum int we need.
Last edited by hupple on Dec 19, 2016, 4:28:46 PM
fortify for me is useless in main setup, if u don't use starforge, added fire is the best choiche..
All my builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1830178
"
Hitma47 wrote:
fortify for me is useless in main setup, if u don't use starforge, added fire is the best choiche..

I'd say it really depends on a person's playstyle. For me, I just wasn't getting consistent Fortify uptime when including it in the Leapslam links, so moving it to the Lacerate setup made my defenses much more consistent. Other people may have no trouble keeping Fortify active with just Leapslam, in which case there are certainly better choices for the Lacerate 6th link.

Anyway, this build has performed great again this league. Been able to farm uber lab easily since the second week of league, currently running guardians quite easily, and managed a Shaper kill yesterday. And still some very obvious places for gear improvement.

Gear
"
DarrkPhoenix wrote:
I'd say it really depends on a person's playstyle. For me, I just wasn't getting consistent Fortify uptime when including it in the Leapslam links, so moving it to the Lacerate setup made my defenses much more consistent.
I agree it's just a lot more convenient to have fortify gem as a lacerate support , mainly because lacerate is a 'ranged melee' skill so you're not leap-slamming into the middle of packs regularly. Other melee skills, like say earthquake or ice crash where you're constantly leaping into the middle of packs its fine on leap slam.

Ideally the Fortify gem should be removed from the game completely and any melee attack should trigger the effect. No gem needed, just intrinsically built into the game.
"
Drexion wrote:
"
DarrkPhoenix wrote:
I'd say it really depends on a person's playstyle. For me, I just wasn't getting consistent Fortify uptime when including it in the Leapslam links, so moving it to the Lacerate setup made my defenses much more consistent.
I agree it's just a lot more convenient to have fortify gem as a lacerate support , mainly because lacerate is a 'ranged melee' skill so you're not leap-slamming into the middle of packs regularly. Other melee skills, like say earthquake or ice crash where you're constantly leaping into the middle of packs its fine on leap slam.

Ideally the Fortify gem should be removed from the game completely and any melee attack should trigger the effect. No gem needed, just intrinsically built into the game.

Especially in Breach league, I actually want to jump away from tremendous mobs and attack them...
Started league with this build, atm i am able to do t14 maps with Kondo's Pride (with Voidheart and RT this weapon is extremely effective for it's price). But i am disappointed in lacerate...

The skill is cool itself, but in game it just not work the way you expected because of multistrike:
1) Can't properly use lacerate double damage due to auto targeting.
2) Auto targeting can really slow you down in breaches, since lacerate is not even 180 degree skill.
3) You are pinned to the ground for about 1-1.5 seconds, i died a lot because couldn't jump away in right moment.

Also lacerate is able to do double damage maximum at 2/3 range, so the actual map-clearing potential of this skill is not so great.
Last edited by GreenSubmarine on Dec 28, 2016, 6:16:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info