Shaped Map, seems bad

So, I was running my level six maps, and I got the shaper's orb and I shaped a level 1 map, Desert. But now that I see how it works, I wish I hadn't.

Included in the pool of level six maps that can drop, is a shaped level 1 map that cannot drop a level seven map, because it isn't adjacent to any level 7 maps (assuming, which is true, I haven't done any level 7 maps). As I try to advance up the tiers, I will always want maps that are adjacent to higher level maps; meaning a shaped level x is always worse than a regular level x. Am I missing something? Seems bad.
Last bumped on Oct 1, 2016, 1:56:28 AM
But once you've completed a map it can drop anywhere of the right tier regardless of what it's next to so just run the shaped one after you've completed a few t7's
Last edited by RandallPOE on Sep 30, 2016, 6:06:40 PM
You're correct, you should hold off shaping maps until you have unlocked all maps one tier above what the shaped one will end up as. It's an unnecessary and arbitrary noob trap: we should be able to shape and unshape at will without paying through the teeth..

Edit: in the mean time the shaping orb can live in one of your crafting benches. (This is a crappy solution: orb shouldn't be a quest item it should be something attached to the atlas that can be added or removed from a given map as you will).
Last edited by ladish on Sep 30, 2016, 6:26:34 PM
I agree that Shaper Orb must be some kind of Atlas "pin", that can be easilly put on and off.
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
"
G0rr wrote:
I agree that Shaper Orb must be some kind of Atlas "pin", that can be easilly put on and off.

Then what would be the point of choosing which one you want to shape,if you get ALL the shaped versions you can?Thats a stupid suggestion.

What can be done is maybe,somehow be more explanatory on its use.Dont know the actual way to do this,maybe when you right click on it and have atlas opened,you get some form of tutorial message
Bye bye desync!
"
elwindakos wrote:
"
G0rr wrote:

Then what would be the point of choosing which one you want to shape,if you get ALL the shaped versions you can?Thats a stupid suggestion.

What can be done is maybe,somehow be more explanatory on its use.Dont know the actual way to do this,maybe when you right click on it and have atlas opened,you get some form of tutorial message

Actually you would only ever drop a shaped map from the one you have "shaped" at any given time.

That's kind of the point of choosing which one you shape. All you would lose is the inability to change your decision if you made a bad one.
Last edited by ladish on Oct 1, 2016, 2:01:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info