Just get Kaom's heart and hit 8k HP they said.

Apparently, 242% life from tree + 300+ str and some decent rolls of life on gear + kaom's heart still brings you to below 7k.

Obv time to bust out the bank for jewels and more pricey ring/amulet options and replace gear techs for rares to shove in more HP.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Sep 30, 2016, 4:25:11 PM
Last bumped on Oct 3, 2016, 11:32:02 AM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 11:01:55 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
Apparently, 242% life from tree + 300+ str and some decent rolls of life on gear + kaom's heart still brings you to below 7k.

Obv time to bust out the bank for jewels and more pricey ring/amulet options and replace gear techs for rares to shove in more HP.

Either not enough rolls, or not decent enough.

I mean I could go ES and easily achieve over 8k ES with the same or less price point .;V
You do no DPS chasing that much life around the tree. Meanwhile you can get 10K blue life with half the ES nodes and those sweet 20% rings

They need to buff kaoms to 750 and buff life back to old days if they want life to be as good.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 30, 2016, 4:48:21 PM
I don't even have koam's heart and have nearly 7k life on my char. Can you show your gear OP?
"
diablofdb wrote:
I don't even have koam's heart and have nearly 7k life on my char. Can you show your gear OP?

3 jewels with no life on them (why they so expensive compared to es jewels wtf)

After upgrading my rings (as stated in the op) and getting my jewels to %hp I should get to 7500, as well as upgrading some of my rares to bigger boy rares.

Entire point of the post have commentary the fact that very high investments into HP brings you nowhere near the levels of CI/ES. You can argue that I can get 80 life rolls on everything too and level up more to get jewels to get from 7k to 9k HP.

But ES goes from 10k to 13k ;V
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Sep 30, 2016, 7:17:52 PM
Definitely need better life rolls.
Try and gow ith 70 life or so on each piece of gear.

You are already locked into Devoto, Blood Dance, which has no life.
I think Winds of Change can become a rare with more life and resists.

Hope this helps.
...Really? Assuming fairly average stats, you're "missing" the following:
80 Life from amulet
70 Life from rings
20 Life from gloves
80 Life from boots
80 Life from helmet
70 Life from belt
------+
400 flat Life, easily. With your 242% Increased Life (257% with min-roll Life jewels), that's 1368 (1428) Life. Can be a whole chunk more if you also factor in potential Strength bonuses.

"Get Kaom's to reach 8k Life" assumes you have Life mods on your gear. You don't. Increased Life is a multiplier, it needs a base value to work with. ES works the same, you don't reach 10k ES (let alone 13k) with shitty ES rolls.

ES builds reach higher total values, but tend to have much weaker mitigation - a Life build can reach 5k Life and have Armour, Evasion and Block to back that pool up, as well as much easier access to Endurance Charges.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Sep 30, 2016, 7:29:51 PM
Helmet, Quiver, Amulet, Boots don't have life. The items that do are very low on it. I guarantee you will see a massive difference if you upgrade your gear if you actually have 242% life on your tree. Additionally, what level are you? You get a lot of flat life per level, so the difference between a level 70 and a level 90 character is fairly significant when you have that much %HP scaling.

For reference, with 227% on my tree and 5 or 6% from a jewel, I have ~6,900 life at level 90 with the following solo-self found gear - notice the emphasis on flat life on all of it:

Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Sep 30, 2016, 7:34:55 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
...Really? Assuming fairly average stats, you're "missing" the following:
80 Life from amulet
70 Life from rings
20 Life from gloves
80 Life from boots
80 Life from helmet
70 Life from belt
------+
400 flat Life, easily. With your 242% Increased Life (257% with min-roll Life jewels), that's 1368 (1428) Life. Can be a whole chunk more if you also factor in potential Strength bonuses.

"Get Kaom's to reach 8k Life" assumes you have Life mods on your gear. You don't. Increased Life is a multiplier, it needs a base value to work with. ES works the same, you don't reach 10k ES (let alone 13k) with shitty ES rolls.

ES builds reach higher total values, but tend to have much weaker mitigation - a Life build can reach 5k Life and have Armour, Evasion and Block to back that pool up, as well as much easier access to Endurance Charges.

You know I being sarcastic with this thread right

like dafaq.

Holy shit people LOL

Also you people have some weird requirement for average gear if you think same levels of resists plus 80% of max roll of life an easy investment to randomly come up with. Obviously I can drop the less than 10c to add 30-40 life per piece of gear in a single slot.

I even literally pointed out all of the pieces of gear I pointed out multiple times in the thread that I know will have more life down the line. Everyone missed the 40% perfect fire damage kaom's heart or something.

Like nobody finds it a problem that you have to wear all rare gear with high rolls on life on it to be remotely viable as a life build with 230%+ total HP nodes including jewels. This is the exact thing GGG wanted to be different going into 2.0 with the life changes.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Sep 30, 2016, 7:49:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info