[2.4] c9q9md's 10 Meme Ballista build.(Siege Ballista Shaper/Uber Viable)

I like the shaper gloves
"
0Nemesis wrote:
That's the only build where Shaper gloves are any good for...

And the one mathil did.
BerMalBerIst1 wrote: What if GGG doesn't nerf anything and decides to buff a bunch of stuff?

666lol666 wrote: In that case someone has kidnapped their kids and is forcing them to do so. These guys are allergic to buffs, they are in love with the nerfhammer!
Damn this build guide is pure gold, Awesome work!
Thanks man :p
I plan on making more junk like this in the future too
Hmm, no Resolute Technique?
IGN: _Gaia_

Where to download my hideout: https://poe.house/hideout/76oNuBpb

Where to trade currency between leagues: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2156864
"
_Gaia_ wrote:
Hmm, no Resolute Technique?

You get shitloads of accuracy from 1.6k dex.

I've been playing many Siege Ballista builds myself, here are some things to consider:

1) Devoto's is undoubtedly the most well rounded decision for this build. But keep in mind that Abyssus flat physical damage is worth around 600 dexterity.

2) If you can sustain the attribute cost for you gear without Astramentis you should get a rare amulet. I picked up mine for 6 chaos.

3) I didn't pick up Ancestral Bond and went for Blood Magic instead. I'm loosing a totem and 15% totem placement speed. I also don't run Blasphemy - Temp Chains and Haste. But I get alot more HP (especially in combination with Shaper's Touch) and don't need to take care about mana.

4) If you don't have a 6 linked Iron Commander / Briskwrap you can use Snakebite gloves instead. Having maximum Frenzy Charges isn't a problem with Frenzy - CoH.
Last edited by kahzin on Oct 1, 2016, 9:40:15 AM
Plz dude, your dps and defence stats in ho/fullbuff.
I was considering a crit version of this build, since I got a 45% placement devotos and most of the gear. I was probably going scion deadeye/hierophant, something like this tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIAAJuNCC4T2s9e2rHtg7EBFUOtwhmOcUMAXmXT037veu4O_MVW-g2NfytbrzB8OdQhdt0NjX1RR3b3hs4VICP2N9SNv-dUMfrBMyzpTZLtPwW1JP2gn4azAO4ajejW_94qTVsmIurndD8nf_vDOm1sSsibtQ-rNj21SIqvbqpfsITFFr-dqhvIkBFkhLXyykomlWyMz917wwagNZJvnmHiYqzxivm9_o_YvfGzgwmcpFVLTeP-CktXYEOHE4w2plfyRbc-wONuPXcHidM64TGeg8y-gHBSPC0qC4Nfxq5d8hDMK7aMRviTAAA=

(starting scion instead of ranger obv). You could actually maintain max power charges from the sheer number of totems being placed, and still the additional proj/100% pierce with the deadeye ascendancy. I could only get a bit above 1200 dex with the tree, and theorycrafted to about 75% crit with 4 power charges. This would also require a 6L which I don't have. Would this be worth it comparatively? I did originally gear for shaper's touch (no res required in glove slot) but that does leave open facebreakers/maligaros as well. Worth noting that a crit variant pretty much requires a 6-link as you don't want to drop any of the gems besides faster attacks really, and even then the loss of totems (probably losing 2 or 3 totems) and the attack speed might not be worth it overall dps-wise.

Dying sun seems very helpful in the build too
ign - Zilead
what is your ascendancy spec?
Ascendancy is deadeye/hierophant for pierce extra arrow and power charges. Last two points would be the hybrid Dex nodes for a total of 80 Dex from ascendancy. Dropping life/eva nodes from ranger would free up some points, ideally enough for duelist area stuff because I really do like those modes but probably not enough points as I think it requires 17 or something.

Actually, seeing how tight the tree is with duelist nodes I think taking 2 additional passive points is probably best as ascendancies 7 and 8

Edit: updated tree lv92, ideally I cut like 5 points to make this slightly more obtainable. On my phone so Dex calculations will be pretty hard to mess with

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAE2SI_aNfe4OLOmGswDuwzpN4_JF_gr-jzrhplc1kjGe2L0i6n8r028FLXTteu8uU4bOIXbBMzB8YeJVSyaVYqydqmyMFSBlTUd-vTbKSm-ejDa-p4TZz91DMV3yidNwUioLUUd7bqavlyHBfD8nKk0rtviTEMyMRt0N0378xfm9ZIQGoEtX8bPA4w-rkBGKr3vD2sE31O0_gwmNfupit7Z1yzY9G8iExZu1X7CNv-96tfJuqha_hwd3B5ykhxPl0TsoBbV29znUoJ8x-m1sWBfgVaI-PEtbr0z_8Yr_3iT951S3PujWg188LYPMtUhuPQOWYEO-gOd0DY1W-k4qxq5KyKSg

Sorry for the continual edits, but fwiw, rain of splinters as an assassin should be more than offset by toxic delivery. Still might not be worth it
ign - Zilead
Last edited by Nicol on Oct 1, 2016, 5:33:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info