Help with evasion + acrobatics survivability

"
skuadak wrote:

If we considere that both eva and arm char deal with the same circumstances, i.e. are standing still and taking face on all whats flying at them, you are right, eva sucks against heavy, medium and small hits in comparsion. The case is that these really heavy ones should be kited. Eva is just lucky dice roll in case you've screwed movemenet part yourself.

This sounds pretty in theory, the reality of the matter is you will sooner or later die if you rely on manual dodging. Kiting is great and you should absolutely do it, even in situations where it's unnecessary, just to create correct reflexes and muscle memory... but you will eventually die if you can't take a good hit. You either have a secondary buffer after the layer of dodge and evasion or you're a dead man walking. I'm never speaking about a sitting duck playstyle. You can - and should - kite even with melee, fortify/armour builds. The amount of damage which can be evaded by simple movement and positioning is astounding.

@Raics: underpowered build identified, carry on :D
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Sep 30, 2016, 12:25:16 PM
Well, I run phys ranger(s) so I can't totaly neglect mitigation, sure. But still in comparsion to what melee chars need, It's realy thin. And that's not because I dig close calls, but because i have to pick other stuff, like crit, damage and so on.
Word that im not speaking basing on theory, I don't realy know theory tbh.

Edit:
ALso, this guy knows

"
AgnosiousD wrote:
kiting is primary defense.

therefore 40% increased runwalk on tooltip is ideal.

less than 30% is... unwise.

the more you kite, the less you dodge.
the more you dodge the less you evade.
the more you evade the less you block.

oh shit dead.

heh.

hard to add much mitigation, but many people neglect that
the best defense is a good offense. yes if they die faster or
are stunned frozen more thats good but beyond that faster attack/cast
will initiate and complete attacks sooner, causing that stun sooner
or allowing you to move on and kite sooner.

with a rapid attack/cast rate you can attack last and hit first.

sooner is better. sooner is completely way better.

best way for devouers is shot in the head, everyone knows it (at least these white ones), goatmen, blackguards and that leapslam frog is best frozen and so on.

Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Sep 30, 2016, 12:33:37 PM
I assume this discussion is about your Ananaki character (Spectral Throw Assassin in Essence).

That char only has 4 pieces of gear with +max life on them. Only one ring has a good life roll, the other ring and boots rolls are mediocre, and amulet's roll is quite bad indeed. That means, that, despite you taking good amount of %life on the tree and running a Belly, your life total is still pretty low. That's why you get one-two shot a lot.

The easiest way to buff your life pool, would be to get a leather belt with 100+ life and some strength, instead of Doryani's. With Belly you should be easily pushing into 5.5k+ life territory and that's generally enough in my experience for a ranged char to not die in most situations.

Also, like people above said, Phase Acrobatics is one of the main reasons you take Acrobatics in the first place. If you don't plan on taking it, then it may be better to just drop the Acro, and invest a bit in block instead. Would allow you to enjoy Granite Flasks at full effectiveness as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info