Help with evasion + acrobatics survivability

I've got 40% evasion, 30% dodge, 11% block. I know I could get the 10% more dodge, and more block, but there are other things I need to spend the few points I've got left from levelling on. I find when fighting bosses, I can get 2 shotted consistently. Often I can kill them in about 1 second, but if they can get off some attacks before I can kill them, I get wrecked. Does anyone have any suggestions? I can maybe get more life leech, but I doubt that will fix too much. I also have about 170% life and life on gear.

I'm starting to think armour is just a better defence in general.

Thanks!
Last bumped on Sep 30, 2016, 1:53:03 PM
"
Coasteroli wrote:
I've got 40% evasion, 30% dodge, 11% block. I know I could get the 10% more dodge, and more block, but there are other things I need to spend the few points I've got left from levelling on. I find when fighting bosses, I can get 2 shotted consistently. Often I can kill them in about 1 second, but if they can get off some attacks before I can kill them, I get wrecked. Does anyone have any suggestions? I can maybe get more life leech, but I doubt that will fix too much. I also have about 170% life and life on gear.

I'm starting to think armour is just a better defence in general.

Thanks!

What you are describing is the main problem with full evasion/dodge/avoidance builds. The key to mitigation in this game is layered levels of protection. Think of it this way, every time you are getting hit, the game flips a coin and you either take 100% damage or 0% damage.

Dodge eva is great, but you need more protection.

Some things that work

1) Good Cast When Damage Taken setup - There are a lot of options here but it's pretty standard practice to have this set up on a four-link somewhere

2) Consider using a curse. Even blasphemy + a single curse would be good. Temp chains, enfeeble are both great options for squishier characters.

3) Flasks. Consider a Stibnite Flask and Basalt flask in your line up. They will help when things get too close or big spurts of physical damage come in.

4) Charges. Some players use Warlord's mark on Blasphemy to get endurance charges. Enduring cry is also an option.

Basically Eva dodge by itself is not in a good state in this game. You should stack on some other layers of defense to avoid the one shots.
I'll just add few not mentioned above:

This belt is awesome. For my char it just changed how I was dying (from physicall attacks/spells to elemental ones), but HC char with a lot of HP may probably use it.

There's such corruption, too:

Hyrri would be BiS for all eva chars if it worked for all pdmg. Still, if you don't like Devouers you can bite.

at last-kiting if possible, decoys (decoy totem, siege balista, mirror/blink arrow, even vaal skeletons).
Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Sep 29, 2016, 6:25:39 PM
One of these

Is pretty good to have on hand. It's not perfect but it up your odds. Also,

Can soften some of the blows.

wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
Thanks for all the replies guys!

I do have jade flask and tried stibnite for a while but I didn't like how it played. I also need a mana flask as mana leech isn't consistent enough yet. I plan on getting atziri's, and maybe witchfire flask (stibnite). I'm running a belly of the beast as a chest for the life, though I may give a pure evasion chest a try.

Thanks guys!
Do you have any leech? I found getting some leech really helped my survivability as an evasion character. I have a setup like this since I don't have the mana for blasphemy:

Enfeeble works really well with evasion too, since you get hit less often and when you do get hit you take less damage.

Kintsugi might also be an option if you can afford the unique chest with links.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
As for the body armour, I highly recommend Kintsugi if you're going pure dodge/eva or daresso's defiance if you wanna go armour/eva with dodge. Both give at least a bit of life, kintsugi gives some nice damage reduction if you weren't hit recently, whereas daresso's gives armour, dodge, leech and endurance charges until you get hit.
To be honest, go and get the 10% additional dodge in the passive tree. Not only to boost normal dodge, but also to get the 30% spell dodge which are REALLY good if you already go dodge.
Then there's also atziri's step, three step assault or the new voidwalker boots, each of which gives/can give some additional chance to avoid damage. And then there's also ascent from flesh and hinekora's sight for even more dodge...
Hope I could help a bit!
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
kiting is primary defense.

therefore 40% increased runwalk on tooltip is ideal.

less than 30% is... unwise.

the more you kite, the less you dodge.
the more you dodge the less you evade.
the more you evade the less you block.

oh shit dead.

heh.

hard to add much mitigation, but many people neglect that
the best defense is a good offense. yes if they die faster or
are stunned frozen more thats good but beyond that faster attack/cast
will initiate and complete attacks sooner, causing that stun sooner
or allowing you to move on and kite sooner.

with a rapid attack/cast rate you can attack last and hit first.

sooner is better. sooner is completely way better.
Are you melee? A note about melee and unique chests:

Usually it's more effective to buy a minimally cheap six-link and put Fortify in the sixth link than it is to buy a good five-linked unique. Basically the extra link is like 20% more survivability.

Of course if you have the 10+ exalts for a six-linked unique just go for that.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
The thing about evasion is you need some amount of mitigation too or a ridiculous amount of life. I've been playing evasion berserker in essence and it eventually felt very solid with 5 endurance charges, fortify, a good amount of evasion, acro cluster and blasphemy temps chains.

Now, I wouldn't personally agree with gilrad about chests, you can usually maintain fortify on bosses well enough by other means so I'd just go for that 5L lightning coil. However, stay away from Kintsugi if you're getting swiped at a lot, it's more of a ranged chest.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info