Results from Atziri farming ( 25 runs )

Hey guys! I've always wondered if it's worth it to farm Atziri ( in Standart at least ) or is it better to just sell your fragments for some quick chaos. So i had some sacrifice sets gathering dust in my stash and i've decided to run 25 of them and see what will i get. I was doing the runs with 110% IIR and 55% IIQ. Of course a sample size of 25 runs is not huge but it is still something.

For me a full Apex of Sacrifice clear + some hideout time takes between 4 and a half minutes and 5 minutes on average, so 25 runs took me around 2 hours, and i guess it's safe to say that 1 hour = 12 runs.

THE RESULTS:

Orbs:
(including unID chaos recipe, gcp recipe and items with 6 sockets)
Orbs of Alteration - 24
Chromatic Orbs - 21
Orbs of Chance - 22
Cartographer's Chisels - 11
Silver Coins - 13
Orbs of Scouring - 8
Orbs of Regret - 3
Orbs of Alchemy - 9
Blessed Orbs - 2
Regal Orbs - 1
Vaal Orbs - 1
Gemcutter's Prisms - 4
Jeweller's Orbs - 314
Orbs of Fusing - 10
Chaos Orbs - 61

Total Orbs' value in chaos orbs: ~140

Mortal Fragments:
Mortal Grief - 7
Mortal Rage - 2
Mortal Ignorance - 2
Mortal Hope -

Total Mortal Fragments' value in chaos orbs: ~50

Atziri Specific Unique Items:
Atziri's Promise - 16
Atziri's Step - 6
Doryani's Invitation - 3
Doryani's Catalyst -

Total Atziri Specific Unique Items' value in chaos orbs: ~8

Unique Items:
Unique items found - 35
Uniques worth mentioning - 3 ( Rat's Nest, Unending Hunger and Rumi's Concoction )

Total Unique Items' value in chaos orbs: ~23

Total value of everything dropped in chaos orbs: ~221
Total value of the used sacrifice fragment sets in chaos orbs: ~200

Some other things worth mentioning:
The Apex of Sacrifice drops tons of jewels ( ~2-3 per run ) sadly non of the ones that dropped for me were any good , but this certainly is an opportunity for some extra chaos orbs.
The Apex of Sacrifice is nice for leveling up gems. 1 run gives around 2.5mil exp to my empower gems ( around 90 Apex of Sacrifice full clears will level up a fresh empower gem to level 2 )

So in the end the question is - "Is it worth it ?" Honestly i can't say for sure. My profits were minimal, though i did not had a Hope drop, which would've cover half of the expenses, but on the other hand the two hours of Atziri grinding could've been spent in maps with much less investment and better profits. I know that i'll probably sell my sac sets from now on ( or just keep them stashed ), but i really can't give a definitive answer.

So yeah ... pretty much that's it ... have a nice day, good luck and happy grinding!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Sep 29, 2016, 2:44:07 PM
Last bumped on Sep 29, 2016, 6:50:21 PM
Good post
Favourite armour? Hmmm, I forget it's name, but it's that scarlet one that whatsherface wears when she wants to look splendid.

I like Marmite.
I ran about 200 sets during Prophecy, and I would say that it is NOT worth it anymore really. Unless you are specifically farming to try to get Mortal Frags or Ethereal Cards without just buying them outright, it really isn't worth bothering with anymore. Between level 70 and ~83-85, the XP is pretty good in there if you can run them quickly and efficiently (since there are no white mobs in the area, you get pretty good XP). I have considered doing an MF build a bunch of times just to farm Apex, but in the end it would likely be more lucrative to just run low maps with a culler, or even just run Dried Lake (since there is zero investment to get into that).
U MAD?
25 runs is not enough to conclude anything
IGN TylordRampage
in this league i ran 10-15 atziri sets- zero any mortal frags.

in standard i ran 70-100 atziri sets- zero mortal hope frags.

rng hates me specifically on atziri maps, can't say that on other areas though. If i would have sold those sets instead i would have x more exalts, that's depressing. Now, I run atziri sets occasionally just for fun and vault prophecies.
Last edited by Andrius319 on Sep 29, 2016, 4:37:08 PM
"
Andrius319 wrote:

in standard i ran 70-100 atziri sets- zero mortal frags.

This doesn't seem likely. Are you sure your loot filter isn't hiding mortal frags?
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
"
Andrius319 wrote:

in standard i ran 70-100 atziri sets- zero mortal frags.

This doesn't seem likely. Are you sure your loot filter isn't hiding mortal frags?

my bad, i meant hopes, fixing now :D
Apex is good xp/hour if you can do it deathless in the 70s. Better than dried lake.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info