[2.6] SignalShot™ CI Full Ele Conversion TS/Barrage / Shaper & Uber Deathless / with video!

"
MFJones wrote:
Wow 80 exalts but can't kill the ads in shaper? Zana dies?? Bullet hell dodging??? and dies???? =/

i guess I just have high standards

I am reluctant to try this build again. I was going to with some extra currency I obtained playing a really fun and strong howa build farming shaper and guardians all day deathless.

Oh didn't realize you were just trolling. Why not just go and play the meta build if that's what you want? Or warchief totems, I hear they can kill shaper with 1 exalt.
Last edited by Rivx on Jan 10, 2017, 6:35:39 AM
Why are you kids getting so mad about my criticisms of the build? I just want to know how it compares to other builds in terms of exalt invested, I am simply gathering data so I can evaluate if I can continue to try this build or not. Can we relax please?
MFJonesHC
Last edited by MFJones on Jan 10, 2017, 7:03:47 AM
"
Rivx wrote:
"
MFJones wrote:
"
Rivx wrote:
Recorded a clean Shaper kill on BSC (not counting The touch of GOD on Dominus that I thought I could tank):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdYVu94IUZ8

Shaper is a really easy boss once you've got everything set up - easier than Guardians imo. You're in full control, unlike say Chimera where you either pop the cloud in time or get crit to death. Overall I think I'm pretty much maxed out on damage besides my amulet. More accuracy wouldn't hurt, but beyond that it would require a GG bow, or some minor upgrades in jewelry. My main focus would be getting more ES, 8k is really hurting on guardians and is sometimes noticeable while mapping.

Nice video!! But how much have you spent on your gear so far?

Around 80ex

"
MFJones wrote:
Does this build still die to shaper?

Not really, all my deaths are from losing Zana and getting obliterated by bullet hell. I can't quite figure out the best way to deal with the adds - I switched chain to pierce to get more damage on my LA but its still not quite good enough. TS might do the job better but my previous experiences with it didn't end well so I'm reluctant to try. You can apparently just barrage them down sometimes, so maybe switching in a Volley Fire or two just for this boss would be a good idea.

Shaper is the only fight that i use Tornado shot. Been doing deathless shapers super easy. Im using this setup for shaper :

Sadly haven't been streaming this league due to netrwork issues.
Last edited by skoupidi on Jan 10, 2017, 8:01:13 AM
The only time I feel TS shines nowadays for this build is ad phases for shaper and chimera. The extra burst damage vs LA is great, especially for budget oriented gear setups.
"
The only time I feel TS shines nowadays for this build is ad phases for shaper and chimera. The extra burst damage vs LA is great, especially for budget oriented gear setups.

HaHa I guess it comes down to play style. LA can clear the screen faster yet I can spam 3 - 4 LA on a rare monster and it can still be alive where TS is a couple spams and the pierce and all just crushes the rare in virtually all situations where LA does not feel as foolproof yet I have much higher attack speed then most players. I feel if you are trying to level this character and want the safest chance of not dying I think TS still shines where if you want pure speed of flying thru a map in the fastest way possible, yet maybe not the safest, then LA is surely the better skill. I tried LA on Core twinned map and I still feel TS worked much better overall then LA yet my attack speed may be one of the problems with why LA seems a little more unstable.
Let's assume you got 5 arrows, and only one hit each target.

LA is bad vs single mob (well is bad vs 2-3 mobs as well but sucks great time 1 to 1). Each projectile will struck up to 3 additiona enemies. But if is a single target or two mobs? Then you end up with only 1-2 hits /mob.
TS is ok against large packs but is clearly better vs 1-3 mobs. The projectiles hit the target, pierce and after splitting, from each projectile one shard has a good chance to hit again the target. So we speak potentially about 1+5=6 hits vs 1 target.

On large packs LA shines due to capability to hit additional 3 targets.
"

I figured it would be good for Chimera but it felt lackluster for some reason. My TS gem is low level, but it should only lose like 20% damage or so. I just stay near the walls so I don't attract them all at once, and shoot the doors with LA once they come out, which instantly kills one of the packs before they start doing anything. Also using Pierce here because chain loses too much damage.
What if I use Doomfletch with this build?

I am now trying to build a CI Doomfletch charactor and it seems both pathfinder and inquisitor are good option.
Hey Blasting,
made it to lvl82 on BHC but am not quite satisfied with my occultist witch. The power charge generation can be a bit erratic, and my overall crit is at just 60% with a 8.2% base crit bow - too low for my taste even when using a diamond flask.
I'm considering swapping this gear over to a lvl85 BF assassin I have, in order to get more crit and damage. My gear is a bit of a mixed bag, some items are GG and more or less the best you can get on BHC (helmet, amulet, ring) while other stuff is just mediocre or plain bad. Yeah, ran out of money :P Mostly missing a Vinktar's and good bow at this point, dying sun is out of the question at 800c currently (so are Skyforth's obviously - hence the assassin).

Gear (if only I could get that chest linked):
Spoiler

Current occultist tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAceCIkOSA5cD6sQexEvEVARlhR1FdcWvxmKY0MbJR1PIXZjpySLJJ0k_SoLKjgrCiy_LR8wfDH6Nbk31DnURA1FfklRSbFLrkyz3UZRR1ZjVvpbr11oXfJfamJaavptGW1scFIDHnb3d9d_KxV-f8aExYauhs6J04w2u_wfQY_6kyeVBZUglS6XBprxm7Wgn6EvoqOkwqcrp9S4yrVIvjq-isEzwfPDOsSi9CjI8Mqp0NDTftfP2VvbGg_E35jnVOd06QIaSOtj7BjtP-4O73rviPDVO3zy4fk3Rwb-yP_e34ogblAw0B_v68b3knQRgU4qI9NvJ5pqj2A=

Proposed Assassin Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAFMQIzYHHgiJDkgOXA-rEHsRLxFQEZYUdRXXFr8ZimNDGyUdTyF2Y6ckiySdJP0qCyo4Kwosvy0fMHwx-jW5N9Q51EQNRX5JUUmxS65Ms91GUUdWY1b6W69daF3yX2piWmr6bRltbHBSI9N293fXfyu8b3_GhMWGrobOidOMNtmGTiqP-pMnlQWVIJUulwaa8Zu1oJ-hL6KjpMKnK6fUuMq1SL46vorBM8HzwzrEohCSyPDKqdDQ037Xz9lb2xoPxN-Y51TndOkCMjLrY-wY7T_uDu9674jw1Tt88uH5N0cG_sj_3m8nIG5QMNAf7-sRgWqM9W_IFKLZsNgXsEqLmmqPYA==

Defenses are quite horrible but I am used to this kind of playstyle, so it works for me. Thinking about a CWDT temp chains/enfeeble curse maybe. I really want AA but can't even fit the herald of Ash in :(

I appreciate any input on where to go from here. Wanna see how this build scales into endgame but not sure I'm gonna make it xD
"
hupple wrote:
What if I use Doomfletch with this build?

I am now trying to build a CI Doomfletch charactor and it seems both pathfinder and inquisitor are good option.

Conversion/added damage is kinda pointless with Doomfletch since you have very little phys damage, you're probably better off getting some pierce and using Drillneck instead. You also need more crit to compensate for lower base crit on the bow, especially since Inquisitor is so dependent on it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info