As a casual player

it was nice to find this strongbox in HCE-cruel docks. Scared the shit out of me when i opened it to see a bunch of spiders start coming out but got em.

Stream= twitch.tv/truskillzzruns
Last bumped on Sep 30, 2016, 8:30:26 AM
It's a fun one to open :)
I've seen around 3 of it.
Gratz on your first!
I just saw this for the first time as well, just yesterday. I thought "Ooh, a unique strongbox. How does this work?"

The last stage of spiders, the all-rare ones with powerful flickerstrikes, nearly ended me. Very tense and exciting experience to have on my first playthrough of this game.
33% increased more
Nice, congrats! Been playing on and off for a few years casually as well, and still have yet to find a unique strongbox of any kind.
"
Rhoa_Power wrote:
It's a fun one to open :)
I've seen around 3 of it.
Gratz on your first!

Thanks

"
BEWMwiggler wrote:
I just saw this for the first time as well, just yesterday. I thought "Ooh, a unique strongbox. How does this work?"

The last stage of spiders, the all-rare ones with powerful flickerstrikes, nearly ended me. Very tense and exciting experience to have on my first playthrough of this game.

Haha yea it was interesting, I hate the ones where you have to be inside the bubble to do dmg to them.

"
Ravenders wrote:
Nice, congrats! Been playing on and off for a few years casually as well, and still have yet to find a unique strongbox of any kind.

Thanks, yea 1st one that I've seen & I've been playing on & off since closed beta.
Stream= twitch.tv/truskillzzruns
I've only seen one. Playing since Feb 2013 (well, strongboxes and unique at that aren't in the game for that long). And the one I had was part of a prophecy so it doesn't really count.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
I have found 2 Strange Barrels from the end of OB till Prophecy.
In Prophecy found Kaom's box.
After prophecy played standard, and got two - one that summoned tormented spirits, and another that dropped +2socket fully-linked items (Deshret's something iirc). Fist one was in MT map so it doesn't count I think.
So, either I had a crazy RNG lately or GGG really had raised the chance of finding a unique box.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
For casual players it is definitely an interesting first encounter.

For veterans this strongbox is one of the biggest joke from GGG. The monster spawn rate is too low to justify any experience reward and it always drop that Snakebite unique item which nobody gives a damn about. Judging from how rare the strongbox is, having it drop an exalted orb instead is justified.
They're a bit too rare I agree.

Funny thing though: just now I was grinding some sacrifice fragments, and found not one but TWO Brinerot boxes within just ten minutes or so. Weird fluke. :) I like those, it's a fun surprise with a warband now and then. They can still wreck things, for sure.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info