Build of the Week S06E03: djnat's Mistress of Agony

Quite similar to my standard ED Deadeye. So i can confirm it's nice to play. :D

I especially like the chain reaction aspect of ED and contagion.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
cmilles wrote:
"
Byrr wrote:
I thought botw was supposed to highlight interesting builds? This is as standard as it gets, no interesting mechanics brought out at all.

I'm going to echo this one. I wouldn't call using three skills that were INTENDED to be used in the manner shown as BotW worthy. At least run as a true Occultist and get the chaos explosions from the cursed enemies 0.o

Then again, I do think this build accurately sums up the current state of PoE. Simple straightforward bite and kite (DoT/hit and run) method is usually the most reliable way to get through most content of the game, where builds that actually spark the "oh that's awesome" reaction will generally run into a brick wall at some point.

I have to say, this season's BotW has been pretty disappointing so far. All three have been DoT focused in some form or fashion.

Agreed again. I have an Occultist right now who does this very thing with low life. I never imagined it'd be worth a highlight as BotW. ED and contagion literally state you're able to use them together. What's next, Vortex/Ice Nova/Frost Bolt? Or how about a Tornado Shot Assassin/Deadeye that focuses on high pierce?

Last week's build was incredibly innovative and interesting. This week's is pretty bland.
"
ToBeSomebody wrote:

Last week's build was incredibly innovative and interesting. This week's is pretty bland.

Admitedly, but last week's build was also quite expensive, while this week's is pretty budget if you don't get all BiS items, so it has its value.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
It's not very original. Mathil and others have had this up for months.
What's next? BotW 2h earthquake with Marohi Erqi?
This build is pretty much the same fuck*** build I was making as ¨unique¨.. I will keep making it even better for a possible next Build of the Week
Sweet ED build, a classic OP build.
Mediocre.
"
Sarge_101 wrote:
Dayhum Bex, now that's a voice I could listen to.

that is so creepy! want to smell her hair too? what the hell is wrong with people like you.
So this is surprising they got sick of every one using earthquake and nerfed it because alot of people used it because its one of the only interesting melee skills. But essence drain and contagion has been used far longer and wider for along time. While eq was short lived.

Basically there are alot of other spells to use in the spell skill department but right now you will see mostly see EDC and BV builds as most other skills are at a weird spot right now thanks to our lovely balancing system. Which of course i'm fine with.

But refusing to be like the masses i haven't used EDC or BV this league and because of it have a harder time finding a build to kill shaper. But not only is it popular and used more than eq but they decided to make a build of the week of it that is what shocks me.

At least with EQ there ain't much other dps skills to choose from.

Sorry for the rant i just found it weird is all. But at least with this build of the week you shouldn't have trouble beating or farming end game shaper and T15 maps so at least ill give that to them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info