[2.4][HC] [BM Firestorm Chieftain] The Pyro-Rain-Iac? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"
ZyppOc wrote:
Have you try empower ?

with a level 21 firestorm and a level 4 empower. Empower is 30.543% More damage, and thus way lower than any of our other gems :)
Colorblind? - Check out the Unofficial colourblind mode!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147271
This is not the most exciting build but it gets the job done pretty well. Solo farm is great although bosses can be quite tedious if they tend to move around a lot. Almost 2k life at the end of normal.

How mandatory is pledge of hands? Should I aim to get one even if it is just 3/4l or would be a 5l staff with high spell damage okay?

Does essence worm work with blood magic? Since auras reserve life instead of mana I am not sure if essence worm has any effect on those.

Why do you level flame dash, is the increased dmg noteable?
Last edited by KankaFc on Oct 8, 2016, 3:40:39 AM
"
KankaFc wrote:
This is not the most exciting build but it gets the job done pretty well. Solo farm is great although bosses can be quite tedious if they tend to move around a lot. Almost 2k life at the end of normal.

How mandatory is pledge of hands? Should I aim to get one even if it is just 3/4l or would be a 5l staff with high spell damage okay?

Does essence worm work with blood magic? Since auras reserve life instead of mana I am not sure if essence worm has any effect on those.

Why do you level flame dash, is the increased dmg noteable?

There is an immense difference in the effectiveness of the build in normal, and in Endgame. This is an endgame build and it will get way easier to kill bosses :) Aim for a 5L pledge of hands. It really isn't hard to save up the amount of currency to buy one. Essence worm works with blood magic, but there is no good reason to use one or even 2.

Flame dash is actually quite effective if i accidentally miss one monster. It's my preference to level it, so it isnt really necessary :)
I'd like to play your build on HC league, but most of the times i've been playing sc and i dont have currency (only few chaoses). Can I get into this build without kaoms (if yes, how much hp can I get without it) and only 4l pledge ?
Last edited by AdmiralCarambas on Oct 9, 2016, 11:31:22 AM
how does the elemental overload up-time feel with no reliable way proc it? worth squeezing in orb of storms + crit strikes somewhere?
Last edited by willypop on Oct 9, 2016, 7:46:10 PM
Accidentally posted from my GF's Account lol.
cupcakes and kittens!
Last edited by giedregerai on Oct 10, 2016, 9:03:32 AM
"
I'd like to play your build on HC league, but most of the times i've been playing sc and i dont have currency (only few chaoses). Can I get into this build without kaoms (if yes, how much hp can I get without it) and only 4l pledge ?

You can do this build without kaom's. i am not at home right now so can't check how much hp i have without it, but i am guessing around 6.5k. You really should save up for a 5L pledge, not that expensive and you can get the currency for it while leveling.

"
willypop wrote:
how does the elemental overload up-time feel with no reliable way proc it? worth squeezing in orb of storms + crit strikes somewhere?

At later levels it is up around 70% of the time. Orb of storms could be a great way to help that along, and if it suits your playstyle, go for it! :)
Doing well so far, level 71 with 7k life, so I should have maybe over 10k once I get fully built up. I'm ele weakness capped on res, over 4k tooltip dps, 350 hp regen, etc. I'm running an essence worm with anger on it and swap it out for determination. With my two armor flasks up I get armor capped at 90%. Feelsgoodman so far. I'm debating whether to buy the 6l or is it even worth it.

Gear below

Spoiler
Last edited by superjack010 on Oct 10, 2016, 2:55:38 PM
For the ascendancy skill placement, how come you went with the 0.5% life regen instead of "Ramako, Sun's Light."??

I would think the endurance charge generation would be more optimal then 0.5% life regen...although that may be very significant for this build.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
"
superjack010 wrote:
Doing well so far, level 71 with 7k life, so I should have maybe over 10k once I get fully built up. I'm ele weakness capped on res, over 4k tooltip dps, 350 hp regen, etc. I'm running an essence worm with anger on it and swap it out for determination. With my two armor flasks up I get armor capped at 90%. Feelsgoodman so far. I'm debating whether to buy the 6l or is it even worth it.

Gear below

Spoiler

Glad you like the build!

"
Carlyle6 wrote:
For the ascendancy skill placement, how come you went with the 0.5% life regen instead of "Ramako, Sun's Light."??

I would think the endurance charge generation would be more optimal then 0.5% life regen...although that may be very significant for this build.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

In the original build, we do not have any way of generating endurance charges, so we won't benefit from ramako, sun's light :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info