[2.4][HC] [BM Firestorm Chieftain] The Pyro-Rain-Iac? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I Would like to share my Blood Magic Firestorm Chieftain. This is my go to build for any league, and i have been playing it since Janitor introduced his Echoing firestorm marauder back in 2014. I have been tweaking the build every league and at the moment, it is the strongest it has ever been. I have done Atziri & Uber atziri with this build in Hardcore in earlier leagues (the build was weaker).

I am currently level 86 in Hardcore Essence
_________________________________________________________________________________
Quick Overview:
- More than 10k Health at level 90!
- Massive damage against Bosses
- Can do almost all content
- Easy to understand
- Beginner friendly
- Fun & Different
_________________________________________________________________________________
Design Manifesto
This Character was designed for balanced play. I always try to make characters that has has an equal amount of Defense and Offense. This build will not do 1 million dps, nor will it be able to facetank every boss in the game. It will however be able to survive almost all content and do a substantial amount of damage to both single target and AOE.
All the choices i had to make when designing this character, has been made to support a balance between damage output and input.

If you have ANY questions about why i chose what, feel free to ask me anytime, both here and ingame!
Pros & Cons
Pros
Fun to play if you are a pyromaniac.
Forgiving to mistakes.
No uniques are necessary.
playable at level 12.
Highly upgradeable.
Can do ALL map mods except Elemental Reflect
The labyrinth is a joke
Bosses are a joke
Awesome in PVP

Cons
Physical damage hurts if you don't use the right flasks
At extreme gear levels, reflect can hurt. (Won't kill you if you use ruby flask)
Other builds can probably do most content faster.
Passive Skill Tree
Items
Weapon: Pledge of Hands.
Note: Level 30 spell echo and up to 160% spell damage.

Amulet: Rare Marble Amulet.
Note: 1.6% life regen! Absolutely astonishing! try to get one with Life, fire damage or cast speed.

Ring1: Rare Coral Ring - Life/Resistances/Cast Speed
Ring2: Rare Coral Ring - Life/Resistances/Cast Speed

Helmet: Rare Armour Helmet
Note: Try to get High armour, Life and resistances.

Armor: Kaom's Heart
Note: 500 Life & Fire Damage. Perfect.

Belt: Rare Leather Belt - Life/Resistances/Armour
Note: Best overall option.

Gloves: Rare - Life/Resists/Armour
Note: Not much else is better. Switch with repentance if you have the stats.

Boots: Rare - 30 MS/Life/2-3 Resists
Note: Overall best option.
Jewels

Brute Force Solution
Note: Used at the marauder starting area when leveling. This jewel makes it super easy to get enough intelligence until we reach the Templar and Witch area of the skill tree

Clear Mind
Note:60% increased spell damage. Great.

Rares
Note: Life % & anything that increases our damage. Spell damage, Fire damage, area damage, cast speed - and so on.
Flasks
Quicksilver Flask: Movement Speed & Duration
Eternal Life Flask: Anti Bleeding & 40% increased life recovered
Granite Flask: Duration & Armour during flask effect
Basalt Flask: Immunity to Curses & Reduced flask charges used
Ruby Flask: Duration & Immunity to Freeze
Skills & Links
Main skill: Firestorm - (Spell Echo) - Controlled Destruction - Fire Penetration - Elemental Focus - Faster Casting - Increased Duration
Note: As many More Multipliers as possible while keeping up a decent area.

Movement/Utility: Flame Dash - Faster Casting - (Vaal Summon Skeletons - Increased duration)
Note: Your basic movement skill. You can use the sockets in brackets for whatever you feel is best. I Use Vaal summon skeletons for bosses. Just leveling Increased duration :D.

Utility: Cast When Damage Taken level 20 - Molten Shell - Chaos Golem - Minion Life
Note: Molten shell does massive damage if anything gets close enough. It adds a decent amount of armour. Chaos golem in CWDT because i am lazy.

Utility/Trigger: Cast When Damage Taken Level 1 - Immortal call - Increased duration - Enfeeble
Note: Basic Immortal call setup, with enfeeble.
Bandits
Normal: Oak
Cruel: Kill All
Merciless: Kill All
Ascendancy
ChieftainI chose Chieftain for several reasons. Chieftain has a good balance between damage and defense. We get a good amount of fire damage, life regen, life leech, fire penetration and so on. If you play this build in standard you should go with Berserker for the increased damage!

1. Normal Lab: Ngamahu, Flame's Advance
2. Cruel Lab: Hinekora, Death's Fury
3. Merciless Lab: Tawhoa, Forest's Strength
4. Endgame Lab: 1 point in Fire damage & Life regen + 1 point in Totem placement & Life regen
Leveling
Skill Tree Progression
25 Points
45 Points
65 Points
75 Points
85 Points
96 Points
Finished Skill Tree
My Items

Screenshots
I stopped playing this character for the time being, to play my other builds with build guides. Superjack010 was kind enough to take some screenshots from his character. It differs from the original build slightly, but you get the idea.
Image Album

Videos
My Computer can't record, as i drop to around 5-8FPS when trying. The Videos are done by people running the build.

- Atziri run By superjack010. He uses Essence worm & Berserker
Ascendancy

- Another run By superjack010. Death & Taxes
To do list

Changelog
28.9.2016 - Created the guide
29.9.2016 - Added Ascendancy Information, Design Manifesto, leveling skill trees, corrected mistakes
3.10.2016 - Added information about when i will upload videos & Screenshots.

My Other Builds: HC Max Block Static Strike Gladiator

IGN: Granite

Special thanks to superjack010 for helping me with the videos section
Colorblind? - Check out the Unofficial colourblind mode!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147271
Last edited by Priory on Oct 17, 2016, 6:21:09 AM
Last bumped on May 18, 2017, 4:06:27 PM
Seems really GOOD ! i'm gonna try that immediately, can you do a lvl skill tree plz ?
"
ZyppOc wrote:
Seems really GOOD ! i'm gonna try that immediately, can you do a lvl skill tree plz ?

Sure thing buddy! I'll add it in a few hours!

Edit: Added the skill trees i used when leveling. The skill tree is made to use Brute force solution at level 12, to have enough intelligence to use Firestorm.
Last edited by Priory on Sep 29, 2016, 11:22:27 AM
Thank you alot mate !
Why you don't use enduring cry for more tankiness ?
"
ZyppOc wrote:

Enduring cry doesn't fit my playstyle. It slows me down too much, and in general i find it to be a clunky skill to use. If you are comfortable with the skill and want to use it, there are 2 free links for whatever you feel like! Personally i use it for Vaal summon skeletons, but you could put in enduring cry.

I should note that with chaos golem, basalt & granite flask i reach 90% physical damage reduction at my current level.

Edited the skills description in the guide to make it a little more clear :)
Last edited by Priory on Sep 30, 2016, 9:20:10 AM
Have you try Iron will damage ?
"
ZyppOc wrote:

Yup. Iron will adds around 400-450 average damage with my items. In comparison, Elemental focus adds 1k. I wouldn't use it for this build unless you can get enough strength and intelligence for Repentance gloves. I don't recommend Repentance because it would take an insane amount of investment on rings + amulet to get enough intelligence, for a very little damage increase. It would also remove around 400 life to use them.
Last edited by Priory on Oct 2, 2016, 2:01:13 PM
Ok ok ty, what map have you done recently the highest at lvl 80 + ?
"
ZyppOc wrote:
Ok ok ty, what map have you done recently the highest at lvl 80 + ?

Highest map in EHC was a rare tier terrace 10 map with 2 bosses, added cold damge, increased life and ele weakness

Edit: was super easy.
Last edited by Priory on Oct 2, 2016, 2:00:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info