[2.5] Trypanon elemental Warchief Inquisitor

Image edited by Snake5

Hi guys, this is machine5 (@mFive_eleHitBestSkill). I didn't have a chance to play with Trypanon in Perandus. This league I was lucky to 6-link my trypanon, so I decided to build around it. The idea was straight forward, play as Inquisitor to ignore elemental resist, stack elemental damage, crit multiplier, attack speed, accuracy; use Ancestral Warchief as main skill to completely ignore elemental reflect.

Video

Normal Atziri: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf0cXPaDLW4
More videos coming..

Core Items

With Trypanon, the downside of this amulet is ignored. It gives a large amount of crit multiplier and culling strike.

Pros & Cons

Budget:
It can cost around 1ex of currency to get this build going. For general mapping I swap in item rarity, so 5L does enough damage.

Offense:
With 600+ crit multiplier, most bosses are melt in few seconds

Defense:
The best defense is a good offense. I feel like defense only becomes a bit problem when doing the T16 guardians, where the bosses have huge amount of HP

Fun:
One of the most fun builds I've play. Shattering mobs and even freezing and shocking some bosses are satisfying.

Leveling:
After reaching the level to use Trypanon and Marylene's, it becomes a breeze to level. Almost every mob gets oneshot, boss down in 2-3 seconds.

Leveling

Play as elemental attack based skill, such as elemental cleave, lacerate, ground slam, until level 40, swap to Trypanon and Marylene's, you should try to hit or get close to Ancestral Bond keystone at this level. After that, it will be easy to level until endgame maps. While leveling, make sure you have enough dex and int to level up gems.

Ascendancy points:

Gear Choice

Helm: I chose Devoto's because of the Dex, movement speed and attack speed it gives. Abyssus is another option considering the huge crit multi boost, but it's a bit yolo :P btw Abyssus can be used when fighting bosses without physical damage, for example, the shaper.

Chest: Kaom's, Belly of the beast, Lightning coil are good options
Gloves: Facebreakers. I got a pair of +1 gem corrupt Facebreakers and put Wrath and Anger in them, maybe in the future, put lvl 4 Enlighten and Empower in them as well to further boost my damage. I wouldn't say Facebreakers are BiS. Southbound is a more defensive choice. Or you can pick rare gloves with life, attack speed and resist.

Boots: A good slot to get resistance, as most of the gear are uniques without resist. Get rare boots with life, movement speed and resist. Enchantment: Best enchantment on boots is Adds 1-160 lightning damage if you haven't killed recently, since it's always your totem score the skill, the lightning damage is added permanently.

Rings: Rare rings with life, accuracy, weapon elemental damage and resist.

Belt: Rare belt with life, weapon elemental damage and resist. Possibly craft belt with the Essence adding dex or int, but it can cost a lot to get a good belt.

Jewel: Life is top priority. Other mods you are looking for are: attack speed, crit multiplier, totem damage, area damage, melee damage, damage.

Gem Links

Main Skill (by priority): Ancestral Warchief - Weapon elemental damage - Faster attacks - Increase AOE / Concentrated Effect - Added Cold damage - Added Lightning damage

CWDT setup: CWDT - Immortal Call - Increased duration - Molten shell

Vaal Skills: Vaal Haste - Vaal lightning trap - Increased duration

Other utility skills: Summon lightning golem, Enduring cry, Flame dash

Highlighted Stats

Lv: 91
Life: 6188
Mana: 143/681 (unreserved/total)
Movement speed: 48%
6L Warchief dps when totem is active: 80.2k with inc aoe; 128k with conc effect
Totem attack time: 0.67sec
Chance to hit: 88%
Accuracy rating: 2131
Crit multiplier: 602%

Current Gear

If you would like to discuss about the build, feel free to message me in game ( @mFive_eleHitBestSkill ) or post reply here.
IGN:
mxwBeyondGamecrash - Beyond
letsThrowSomethingElse / RedshirtThreeSixty - Nemesis
MXW_CIPW - Onslaught Lv92 Witch - Low life Dual Elemental Hit totems
Last edited by machine5 on Feb 17, 2017, 12:26:27 PM
Last bumped on Oct 1, 2017, 11:45:06 PM

Bad ass eyes and amulet!
Last edited by loonger on Sep 28, 2016, 11:35:12 PM

Nice build with Trypanon and Inquisitor.
Nice but i think unaramed maruder is better, że l've got atm 83 lvl 5,2 k life and on buff with conc efect i can reach 130 k on 3 totems
"
vivaldi666 wrote:
Nice but i think unaramed maruder is better, że l've got atm 83 lvl 5,2 k life and on buff with conc efect i can reach 130 k on 3 totems

We cannot compare builds only by tooltips. The physical part of your damage is mitigated by mob armour, the ele part is mitigated by mob resist. While my damage ignore resist, so it is not mitigated by anything.
I understand phys unarmed build probably have higher damage, but I just wanted to try an ele one.
IGN:

T4T on the 6l tryp :D Here's my dude so far at lvl 87. Took a slightly different approach to the tree but only a minor deviation from your build.

with the amethyst ring, devotos, minor belt implicit and all those life+choas res nodes plus all the life replenish, desecrated ground has no effect i've noticed

Last edited by Glencairn on Oct 8, 2016, 12:21:26 AM
Thoughts on using generosity + wrath & anger?
"
Glencairn wrote:
T4T on the 6l tryp :D Here's my dude so far at lvl 87. Took a slightly different approach to the tree but only a minor deviation from your build.

with the amethyst ring, devotos, minor belt implicit and all those life+choas res nodes plus all the life replenish, desecrated ground has no effect i've noticed

Enjoy the 6L :)
IGN:
"
stealth6 wrote:
Thoughts on using generosity + wrath & anger?

Generosity won't work. Totem's attack is considered as a copy of player, so totems will lose the added damage from anger/wrath when using generosity.
IGN:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info