Are the changes GGG has implemented encouraging Temp Leagues, or Discouraging them?

So first off: These changes make me more likely to play temp leagues.

• I've no problem levelling a new character; that's the biggest draw of the temp leagues for me.
  • Levelling masters is a bit of a bother but it lets me design a new hideout without having to worry about losing my Standard or Hardcore hideouts if I don't like they way it goes and since I don't worry about getting them to rank 8 it's not actually that bad.
  • It's a bit early to tell how the Atlas of Worlds will effect my leagues but I feel like I've made it to tier 8 maps faster than I would have in previous leagues which is nice. The sextants are an added bonus, though I feel I've really only dipped my toe in so far and I'll need more experience in figuring out good places to stick them, as well as remembering the actual area of effect.
  • Labyrinth has been the same it always has. Traps? No worries. Izaro? A right proper bastard.

I don't tend to grind the masters to 8, usually picking one that I want the hideout for and focusing on them, while levelling up the others as I go, doing their dailies maybe a few rotations over a week but not on a nightly basis.

I believe at the moment I'm 87 (just got that an hour ago) with somewhere around 50-55 maps unlocked in the Atlas (including 5 from a unique map rotation I joined with my Vault of Atziri).

Zana's been a big help with unlocking the Atlas as I've been able to fill in a few gaps through buying the maps that she sells.
Thanks to her I've not had to buy any from other players. (Though I am still missing the tier 3 Marshes map.)
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
I actually like the current temp-system - i skipped Prophecy - but so far I'm having a blast :)

Atlas:
I really like the concept and it was a bit of an issue to work out what how to go about it but so far i'm doing fine (89/125).
Zana helped with unlocking the White/Yellow maps (after the change that she could sell not unlocked maps!) - and for those few maps where i didn't get a connecting drop i bought/traded not the missing one but the next one after (to have a chance that thisa map can drop the missing one and any other connected) - i basically allways bought traded for a map 2 Tiers higher than my current unlock limit so those maps actually can drop +2 maps from Bosses and that worked really well for me.

Also recently after i build up a decent Tier 11/12 Map pool by running any T9/10 i had, i bought a Gorge, Springs and Abyss since those are good maps with relativly easy bosses and i'm now sitting on like 10 T13 and a couple T14s and T15s and i can easily swapp some of these for my missing T13+ ones later but atm i enyoy that i can only drop good T13+ maps (and the connecting ones).

tldr:
Try to allways have at least 1 map unlocked that is Tier+2 from what your currently running. if you don't have that yet trade/buy for 1 - up to T11 those are relativly cheap 1-2c or less.
You can also use Shaper Orbs to Upgarde maps to have 1 map unlocked in that tier.
Don't force yourself to unlock everything right awyay but try to have at least 1 map in as many different map tiers unlocked first, also use the upgrade recipie - where a "upgradepath" is availible.

Only issue i have had so far is unique maps - grinding for them is bad.

Masters:
Same old - lv 6/7 usually is enough in a temp league and that can be easily done via just doing the Dailys solo - especially if you rush one to lv 7 and have all avilible.

Lab:
Skipped Prophecy so that was new for me - was a bit of a pain to find the Trials at first but the lab itself is as easy as it ever was - just have to "regret" vaal pact before a serious lab grinding session.

Leveling:
I'm more casual as in not as worried about xp/h and fast clears - especially in the new maps i like to just run around slowly for the first few clears - lv 90 atm and i gather i will reach 95+ this time - just not rushing it.
IGN: Lyandria
I am glad to see some positive feelings toward Leagues with these changes, in particular Atlas.

It is nice to have a balanced perspective.

It does seem to have "refreshed" the economy. Low level maps are worth a chaos early in league, alchs have jumped in value despite having no use with gear in Essence. So imagine what they will be worth next season!

I do hope that GGG will find a way to try and make atlas mapping a bit less exhaustive, and in general make these tedious recurring league issues less of a burden.
No problem with temp leagues.
Atlas? I'm at 80+ unlocks without playing too much.
Masters? You don't really need them for challenges besides the one with fully upgraded hideout.

I'm playing since anarchy and for me leagues ard the only reason to play.
"
Rafurion wrote:
I ALWAYS skip the masters in every single challenge league. I don't ever use a hideout. And I don't do ascendancy trials either. Problem solved.

LOL!!! Quit playing PoE at all... problem solved... Oh wait... millions already have.

Way to go GGG... NOT!!!
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Oct 2, 2016, 7:33:35 PM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
Rafurion wrote:
I ALWAYS skip the masters in every single challenge league. I don't ever use a hideout. And I don't do ascendancy trials either. Problem solved.

LOL!!! Quit playing PoE at all... problem solved... Oh wait... millions already have.

Way to go GGG... NOT!!!

You do realized that they are optional content right? Its not required to even complete them. I don't know what your problem is. Thousands of people reached end game before masters, hideouts, and ascendancy came out.
Permanent Hardcore only.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info