Does youtube videos load slower now?

It takes abour 4 to 6 seconds before Youtube starts any video. Is something going on? Anyone experiencing the same thing?
Last bumped on Oct 8, 2016, 5:53:59 AM
definitely, for a while now.

The other day I clicked "watch later" button (using an extension since it was either removed or isnt working in my browser anymore, dont remember why I got it) while the video was still loading cause fuck that shit. Came back the next day, checked my to watch list and there was a video in my language about how to stop smoking instead of what i selected.

wut
Oblivious
Running an adblocker? Mine has been freeze-framing the first frame of some fucking soup mix ad every time I load a video. Ublock Origin doesn't seem to be fixing it either.
yeah I run an add blocker. Never interfered with nothing. The video loads, but it's like it takes 4-6 seconds to kick start it. wtf lol
seems like it, i'm running add block and it would make sense that the pause is for something like a blocked add
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
I would say it is likely waiting for an advertisement to load and play, then playing the video after X seconds have elapsed. Alternatively your internet connection has degraded and you need to bitch out your ISP to get them to fix it. If you right click the video player during playback you can click 'Stats for nerds" to see what it thinks your internet connection is/the speed it is streaming at.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Oct 6, 2016, 12:18:32 PM
"
call your isp

not this meme again
Oblivious
I've noticed this myself. I get the feeling its an adblock countermeasure.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
I thought you mean upload. OMIGOD takes forever. I don't know how people who have a youtube channel bear it. I have fast internet too.
Censored.
YouTube needs to be honest about to whom the "You" in their name refers, because it sure hasn't been the users, not for a very long time. =-[.]-=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info