[2.6/3.1] Shaper down on budget 5-link - The Debuffing Pizza (Tri-Curse CI Elementalist Flameblast)

Loved the idea of a more tactical playstyle with heavy hits, and man do they hit heavy.

The thread is a great read and explains a lot very well, the main post could be a little easier to read as I haven't found the leveling tips and ZO/GR discussion before reading through the thread.

Is it normal that it seems like there's much more burn damage if I kill a larger pack next to a unique mob than if I were to ignite it with a single hit? Burns usually do not stack except from different sources. Are all the prolif spots on the ground their own burn source?
If so, wouldn't writhing jar be worth it for some bosses that don't get quite 1shot?

Also, as it is my first ES char since the EB change, what would you look for most in gear? I've taken my usual approach as overcapping for EW and getting the best for mitigation (in this case ES) that fits my budget.
Would it have been wiser to disregard EW overcap and squeeze these last few ES nodes out of the gear?

I currently have 8.5k ES at lv 67, but have taken all the ES nodes in the tree already. I'll get my crystal belt with 110 ES at lv79 but otherwise I only have gear to upgrade. Is this enough to reach the 10-11k I think I've seen in screens ITT?
Am I missing something or is there any particular reason to use Doryani's Catalyst over a decently rolled wand or sceptre?

E: Oh right, it's to boost burning damage with inc ele dmg.
Last edited by fshdj on Oct 28, 2016, 8:07:04 AM
Hi all!! thx for the build, i love FB !!! sry for my english !!! i m not a confirmed player, have u a tips for help me to respec for CI pls! specificely for cruel preparation, sry it s so ... i am noob i know, the other point, no prob, but you start by the south of the three or!!?
really sorry, its s a shame i know .... if u can help me .... thx for advance, good luck and good game to everyone
"
benoit0308 wrote:
Hi all!! thx for the build, i love FB !!! sry for my english !!! i m not a confirmed player, have u a tips for help me to respec for CI pls! specificely for cruel preparation, sry it s so ... i am noob i know, the other point, no prob, but you start by the south of the three or!!?
really sorry, its s a shame i know .... if u can help me .... thx for advance, good luck and good game to everyone

The guide has leveling passive trees, check those. Don't respec into CI before you have hefty amount of ES. I'm currently in merciless and I'm life/ES hybrid still with 2k life and 2k ES.
on the scepter the only thing that matters is cast speed and elemental dmg % right?
Great build!

However, at level 75, I can't ever sustain mana, mostly on bosses.
I have a 6L and FB costs 27 mana (with a couple reduced mana cost gems).

I also have over 50% mana regen on gear.. and it's still really bad.

It's pretty much -> cast one FB 10 stacks.. wait another 8-10 secs (if mana pots are down).. cast another.
pretty much my problem aswell
"
Great build!

However, at level 75, I can't ever sustain mana, mostly on bosses.
I have a 6L and FB costs 27 mana (with a couple reduced mana cost gems).

I also have over 50% mana regen on gear.. and it's still really bad.

It's pretty much -> cast one FB 10 stacks.. wait another 8-10 secs (if mana pots are down).. cast another.

Do you guys use an elreon ring?
In 5L I have 15 mana cost with a -8 mana cost ring and the nodes OP took on tree, which is easily sustainable with manaregen and the occasional flask
Last edited by EFSpooner on Oct 28, 2016, 8:57:25 PM
"
EFSpooner wrote:
Loved the idea of a more tactical playstyle with heavy hits, and man do they hit heavy.

The thread is a great read and explains a lot very well, the main post could be a little easier to read as I haven't found the leveling tips and ZO/GR discussion before reading through the thread.

Is it normal that it seems like there's much more burn damage if I kill a larger pack next to a unique mob than if I were to ignite it with a single hit? Burns usually do not stack except from different sources. Are all the prolif spots on the ground their own burn source?
If so, wouldn't writhing jar be worth it for some bosses that don't get quite 1shot?

Also, as it is my first ES char since the EB change, what would you look for most in gear? I've taken my usual approach as overcapping for EW and getting the best for mitigation (in this case ES) that fits my budget.
Would it have been wiser to disregard EW overcap and squeeze these last few ES nodes out of the gear?

I currently have 8.5k ES at lv 67, but have taken all the ES nodes in the tree already. I'll get my crystal belt with 110 ES at lv79 but otherwise I only have gear to upgrade. Is this enough to reach the 10-11k I think I've seen in screens ITT?

Look for ES and Intelligence on gears. Int. is a great stats for this build. It gives great boost to final ES. And it gives flat mana & mana regen. Ele. Weak. cap is very convenient as well but not mandatory.

On the 6-link setup screen shot OP used a chest with less than 500ES lol. The rest gears were the same to those posted in the Gears session.
"
benoit0308 wrote:

Hi. No worry. Follow the leveling trees in the main post. Don't hesitate to take more Life nodes when leveling. You can always respec them later. :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info