[2.6/3.1] Shaper down on budget 5-link - The Debuffing Pizza (Tri-Curse CI Elementalist Flameblast)

"
Crucerio wrote:
Wait i'm confused, u said it doesn't work het it was succesful?

The life leech doesn't work on ignite damage. It does work on initial blast.

"
Oneyedrunky wrote:
How strong is this build as a league starter? Wondering about reaching AND farming shaper\atziri relatively early.

Very strong. You're leveling with Firestorm so transition to Flameblast is quite seamless (you pick fire damage nodes for both). Passive points from quests are enough to revamp the passive tree when you switch to CI.

All gear is quite cheap since you won't need any chase uniques. Doryani's is not needed at all, rare wand is enough. Also Doryani's price will drop in few weeks anyway after the league starts.

You can kill shaper with 5-link so build is very budget friendly. But if you so choose, you can upgrade to high ES 6-link when you get the currency.
Thanks for your reply.

Are there any other builds that can reach + farm Shaper\Chayula\Breachstones as early+cheaply as this build? (Or at least similar in how early\cheap)
"
Oneyedrunky wrote:
Thanks for your reply.

Are there any other builds that can reach + farm Shaper\Chayula\Breachstones as early+cheaply as this build? (Or at least similar in how early\cheap)

I'm sure there are. But unfortunately I'm not familiar with plethora of poe builds. This is the second league I play and first where I was moderately successful. So I'm very familiar with only this build.

What I can say though, is that HOWA will be very expensive since it's so popular and effective. Unfortunately its equipment overlaps a bit with ours. I also want high ES high int stuff, since int gives %ES. But HOWA gets offensive and defensive stats from int, hence all those equipment are super expensive in Legacy league. Also I think now is the last chance to play broken double dipping poison builds, so people are even more inclined to play HOWA than before. Although we too take advantage of ignite double dipping.
OMG AOE nerfs! This build is so ded! :P

I'm pumped to play on Friday. My friend is going to be doing a wild strike build so.....everything is gonna be on fire permanently. Should be pretty toasty!

Thanks again for the build write up and infos. I'll be sure to keep an eye out here and attempt to contribute once Legacy League starts up. I will probably be streaming a bunch the first few days and will maybe make a video or two once I'm actually accustomed to playing it and all that jazz. So some videos can be on the first page with 2.6 next to them :P
Will this build be viable for the new patch? and will our skill tree passives be affected by the changes?

Thanks!
Hey

I'm just leveling with this at the moment and not sure about something in the guide:

"Use Firestorm/Spark/Spell Totem for early stage. Only use Flameblast after you have got the Elemental Proliferation support gem (around late A4 Normal to A1 Cruel). After that everything should run smoothly."

I just got Prolif and I'm getting 0 ignites with Flameblast or even Firestorm. What's the point in that, to swap to Flameblast when I get Prolif? I see that Chance to Ignite is once of the main gems with FB, so should I only swap to FB when I get Chance to Ignite? I dont understand.. FB is super costly on mana and extremely slow to cast.

Thanks.
"
meister1523 wrote:
Will this build be viable for the new patch? and will our skill tree passives be affected by the changes?

Thanks!

2.6 doesn't hurt the core of the build. No worry! The tree may have some small tweaks but not much. Save the leveling trees now so you can start the build right away on 2.6. Cheers!
"
loonger wrote:
"
meister1523 wrote:

Thanks!

2.6 doesn't hurt the core of the build. No worry! The tree may have some small tweaks but not much. Save the leveling trees now so you can start the build right away on 2.6. Cheers!

This was my first build in PoE and I quite liked it. I'm concerned about the changes to some of the core skills.
Vaal Discipline - Without the bonus energy shield, this seems to hurt general tanky-ness of the build as well as reducing the effectiveness of the "ultimate move" (just a bonus, I know but I thought I'd call it out)
Orb of Storms - Reduced duration from 10 to 6 seconds, quite a large reduction but might not have much impact since you're replacing it a good bit
General AoE nerf - Significantly reducing AoE of flameblast and Ele Prolif might make this a sub-optimal build for clearing maps.

Any chance you could give some more specific opinions/feedback to these changes? Also, are you going to be playing this build in legacy?
"
Oneyedrunky wrote:
Hey

I'm just leveling with this at the moment and not sure about something in the guide:

"Use Firestorm/Spark/Spell Totem for early stage. Only use Flameblast after you have got the Elemental Proliferation support gem (around late A4 Normal to A1 Cruel). After that everything should run smoothly."

I just got Prolif and I'm getting 0 ignites with Flameblast or even Firestorm. What's the point in that, to swap to Flameblast when I get Prolif? I see that Chance to Ignite is once of the main gems with FB, so should I only swap to FB when I get Chance to Ignite? I dont understand.. FB is super costly on mana and extremely slow to cast.

Thanks.

Anyone?
:(
"
Oneyedrunky wrote:

Anyone?
:(

You can use this setup: Flameblast - Proliferation - Control Destru. - CE/iAOE - Chance to Ignite

If that seems clunky, you can use Firestorm until you get more cast speed. Use Elreon Rings to combat mana problems. -16 cost to spells will make blasting easy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info