[2.6/3.1] Shaper down on budget 5-link - The Debuffing Pizza (Tri-Curse CI Elementalist Flameblast)

"
loonger wrote:
"
Maumas wrote:
Hi, build looks cool. Do you think its uber atziri viable?

In the single phase Atziri is immune to ignite. Therefore it takes time to take her down on that phase. In the split phase, only one is immune to ignite while the rest three not. But you want to avoid the mirror split as well because it reflects 100% damage (not only elemental, but all). As a result you need to aim for the rest two splits. It requires skills.

I see, but you took down phoenix and he is ign immune too right? would u say atziri is harder or easier than phoenix? and in split phase, is it always same guy who is immune to ignite or it changes?
Last edited by Maumas on Oct 6, 2016, 3:59:33 AM
got any vids of kills ?
"
Maumas wrote:
"
loonger wrote:
"
Maumas wrote:
Hi, build looks cool. Do you think its uber atziri viable?

In the single phase Atziri is immune to ignite. Therefore it takes time to take her down on that phase. In the split phase, only one is immune to ignite while the rest three not. But you want to avoid the mirror split as well because it reflects 100% damage (not only elemental, but all). As a result you need to aim for the rest two splits. It requires skills.

I see, but you took down phoenix and he is ign immune too right? would u say atziri is harder or easier than phoenix? and in split phase, is it always same guy who is immune to ignite or it changes?

Uber Atziri may be more dangerous. The fact that you need to identify the two splits can be annoying. The screen is more messy during the split phase.
Quick question, did you try Ghost Reaver with it? Doryani's gives some nice leech, that may give additional survivability.
What are your thoughts? Nice build thanks!

Edit: It would greatly help players that are unfamiliar with CI to give a quick leveling rundown and when to safely switch to CI. I, for my part always struggle to find the good moment. Thanks!
Last edited by Dynamythe on Oct 6, 2016, 5:31:45 AM
Got any info on jewels ? couldnt find it. What stats are needed on jews.
for jewels you just want triple dbl dipping modifiers (increased damage, increased fire damage, increased area damage) + res/stats or cast speed. cast speed isnt that important

recently ripped this char at 91 on ehc (10 stack fb on reflect rare...i survived that with 43 es, and then my OoS proc'd and killed me), then facerolled each guardian on standard (including ghosted hydra...fun stuff)

honest thoughts about the build (HC perspective):
- build is really really fun and deals INSANE damage (gotta use OoS to get that high damage though)
- very tanky
- golems don't seem worth it for bosses. even for elemental-heavy bosses (i.e. phoenix, hydra), they were dying CONSTANTLY and it became such a pain to resummon them. the bonuses you get are HUGE though, and im not sure whats the best way to go about fixing this problem (maybe linking the two golems in the CWDT setup?)
- essence surge felt worthless to me; when i reroll this build, i will most likely drop it and pick up hex master for blasphemy aoe + 10% curse effectiveness, 4 more es nodes, or even explosive impact for more double dipping damage
- double doryanis sounds like a great idea for the shaper
- i had a 6l regalia and it didnt seem necessary at all (6th link was faster casting for me)

anyways, thanks for the build guide!
Last edited by LiChE on Oct 6, 2016, 11:54:34 AM
"
Dynamythe wrote:
Quick question, did you try Ghost Reaver with it? Doryani's gives some nice leech, that may give additional survivability.

Edit: It would greatly help players that are unfamiliar with CI to give a quick leveling rundown and when to safely switch to CI. I, for my part always struggle to find the good moment. Thanks!

I am just over the hump of re-specing to CI. I could have at 73, when the last piece of ES gear I had bought became equip-able. Instead, once I hit 75 and could equip Doryani's, I finally re-did my gem slots and re-speced off my couple life nodes and over to all CI.

I'm still just 76 without levelled gems (though I invested in quality where I thought it was important). Currently zooming through yellow maps.

I occasionally die instantly with no warning whatsoever, so I have to assume that's a reflect pack. Any tricks from you guys who've played the build (or CI builds in general, this is my first) on how to avoid this - surely we aren't peeking at the mods of each pack before dropping a FB. I suppose once I hit a few more ES nodes and upgrade my chest, my ES pool will better absorb those big hits.

My gear - need a chest upgrade before I try high maps, but I have ten levels or so to grind before that anyway. Spent about 3ex I'd say.

Spoiler
Last edited by ImSlower on Oct 6, 2016, 2:44:18 PM
@loonger Did you try with Infernal Mantle Widowsilk Robe or do you think it will be a good idea for more dps ?
"
Noxnox wrote:
@loonger Did you try with Infernal Mantle Widowsilk Robe or do you think it will be a good idea for more dps ?

This build does not need more damage per se, a 600+ Vaal Regalia though really makes your ES pool huge, which in return is quite neccessary to survive those reflects/heavy hitters.
Edit: also some form of resists, because you have 2 unique jewelry.
Last edited by Dynamythe on Oct 6, 2016, 6:25:27 PM
"
Dynamythe wrote:

The concern about the Ghost Reaver has been addressed in previous discussion. The short answer is: no. It does not worth the cost.

Leveling tips also given in previous discussion. :D Will try to integrate it into the main thread.

Thanks for your interest and suggestion. Hope you enjoy the build. :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info