Reave macro allowed or not allowed?

I was on my way to thinking up a reave build, and in my time doing it I remembered the last time playing, the most uncomfortable thing when playing, the fact I have to hold shift down to not have to name lock. I was wondering if I made like a "toggle" for shift in razer synapse or some other program, would it be bannable? I want to stay playing PoE on my account obviously, so I will ask before putting my account in danger. Thanks for reading :)

Edit 1: If it's bannable, I will not do it, didn't make that clear enough I think. :)
Last edited by LumosUmbrai on Sep 27, 2016, 11:03:33 PM
Last bumped on Oct 2, 2016, 1:48:32 PM
"
I was on my way to thinking up a reave build, and in my time doing it I remembered the last time playing, the most uncomfortable thing when playing, the fact I have to hold shift down to not have to name lock. I was wondering if I made like a "toggle" for shift in razer synapse or some other program, would it be bannable? I want to stay playing PoE on my account obviously, so I will ask before putting my account in danger. Thanks for reading :)

Edit 1: If it's bannable, I will not do it, didn't make that clear enough I think. :)

Hey there! Can you please contact us at support@grindinggear.com and we will be able to look into this for you.
"

I'm fairly confident it's not allowed and bannable. If ever it's allowed the community needs to know about this.

"
Ethan_GGG wrote:
Hey there! Can you please contact us at support@grindinggear.com and we will be able to look into this for you.

This sort of thing should be replied to publicly, so everyone knows the policy, not just one single person.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
"
unsane wrote:
"
Ethan_GGG wrote:

This sort of thing should be replied to publicly, so everyone knows the policy, not just one single person.

True, except there is no policy, really. Or, rather, the policy is to work out each request individually.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
unsane wrote:
"
Ethan_GGG wrote:

True, except there is no policy, really. Or, rather, the policy is to work out each request individually.

Well, there are policies about macros that perform more than 1 action-server side per keystroke. I agree that it would be nice for Support to respond to these kind of questions publicly, even if they have to contact OP first.
U MAD?
I will ask if they will allow me to go public with it when they respond, didn't mean to cause anything.
"
I will ask if they will allow me to go public with it when they respond, didn't mean to cause anything.

It's not your fault, it's GGG's fault for their bizarre customer service relations.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
"
unsane wrote:
"

It's not your fault, it's GGG's fault for their bizarre customer service relations.

how would you solve that if you were ggg?

i mean i'm also for openness when it comes to such things but keeping it private before coming to a decision seems like a good practice. they just don't want to have malicious code posted in their own forums.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Closing in on 3 days no response from support. Never been this long to respond.
Be patient, support has been backed up for some time, so their response is measured in days.

I know you're looking for an official response, but if you want some advice from a fellow PoE gamer...

1.) As others pointed out, GGG is against anything that takes multiple commands/keystrokes and puts it into a single keystroke or click. So if you use a macro or keyboard/mouse software to hold down shift, that's only one command per keyboard/click, which is pretty much acceptable according to what GGG employees state publicly. If you had a macro to hold down shift and also attack, that would violate GGG's verbal policy. I believe the only official written policy is this...
"
(c) Utilise any automated software or ‘bots’ in relation to your access or use of the Website, Materials or Services.
...from the terms of use page. Hence there is no official policy against macros written anywhere else except for what was said on the forums by Chris...
"
Chris wrote:
Any macro that performs more than one action is bannable, as is anything that sends it based on a timer.

It's fine to have a button that causes /oos, or /remaining or casts an aura, but having a timer to repeat actions or a macro to cast all your auras is not allowed. This is because these are things that normal players cannot do, so they give advantages in terms of playing speed.

2.) Remember, these are informal policy statements made by GGG employees, which over time can change, and more importantly won't necessarily defend nor condemn you as a PoE gamer. In other words, take it all with a grain of salt. Play PoE as a gamer and not as some sort of farmer with macros or multi-boxing, and you're probably going to be just fine.

3.) GGG doesn't really track what people do on their systems, only in the client where the number of actions/commands you make per whatever interval of time is monitored by the server, client, or some combination of the two. People have run into this and been disconnected (not banned) from their current login (ie: booted) for triggering this threshold. And the majority of people who experienced that were not using macros, but most likely had some sort of other technical issue or rather into a bug which triggered it.

4.) If for some reason you get banned playing PoE, it's usually with good purpose. GGG will not ban customers unless there's a very good reason for doing so, not some gray area of your mouse's button configuration. The policies and comments by Chris are there to discourage intentional exploitation of PoE, race events, and competitive play, and not meant to make regular customers/gamers fret over getting banned for making a button toggle holding down shift.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info