I'm an Idiot

I've been playing the game in Perandus and now in Atlas.
I really love the game, it is in my mind the spiritual successor to D2.
I have nothing but love for the GGG staff and their dedication to the game.

I thought it would be funny to le' Toucan my friends....
I then Toucan-ed global 1x only 1x.... DID NOT KNOW YOU GET 24HR Mute

DO NOT TOUCAN YOU WILL GET 24HR MUTE......
(I LOVE LE' TOUCAN) but did not know GGG forbade him..

Maybe most ppl know that, I assumed it would only be Sellers or for Profit Spam.
Anyway, DO NOT SPAM TOUCAN U WILL GET MUTE FOR 24HR!

That said I have found every other GGG_Mod to be excellent...
I was less than impressed this time....

Still a fan of GGG,
Kodfather
Last bumped on Apr 20, 2017, 1:55:31 PM
"
Obamah wrote:
does it also apply to forum posts?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
deserved ban tbh, people abuse that shit and do it over and over.....
//Not sure if I'm using quote correctly
"
does it also apply to forum posts?

My nature tells me to find out....
But I think its most likely the Case.
I would rather not post the le' Toucan Text as I think it might have repercussions.
(http://www.twitchquotes.com/copypastas/1215) link if anyone wants to try it... (not recommended)

Pretty Sure posting any Text Art Spam will get you the "MUTE" button
Seems anything else Offensive is K in chat (basically anything; Which is Great!)
Just the A No-Go on any type of Text Art Spam (even if only posted 1x)

I just wanted to let others know. I generally Hate Spam, but thought le' Toucan was somehow part of the POE community. Maybe I am mistaken; but in my experience every-time his glorious image sprawls across general, people generally respond with love. I suppose it's because people appreciate the sacrifice the Toucan poster is making???

Don't get me wrong I don't want Toucans all day every day, but I do appreciate the le' Toucan on occasion.

added quote (I think)
Kodfather/Obamah
Last edited by Obamah on Sep 27, 2016, 11:21:36 PM
Sounds like every once in a while, somebody must be chosen as the sacrificial Le Toucan "lamb" for global's entertainment. Surely there is a volunteer system for this.
I'm always baffled but these "mute" threads having not really seen all this endless spam that is apparently plaguing global. That said that toucan is pretty amusing (and better than scamming or "lf *insert obscure challenge here*" spam) so mute without a warning seems harsh
what I don't understand is how can you post full le toucan, which is 20+ lines, without resorting to AHK (while such application of it is probably bannable offence, not just a reason for a mute).
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
I don't get it when people are complaining of 24-h chat bans. It's just a day and it's just for the chat, who gives a fuck.

Up until a year ago, the forum probation policy was much stricter and you would sometimes get a week or two for something you couldn't even dream of being worth a probation... and then you would be unable to post anything for sale in poe.trade. Premium tabs didn't work like now and the only way to post something for sale in poe.trade was with a thread in the trade subforum, but oh wait - you're probated so you can't post or edit threads there.

Now that was an unpleasant experience.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Obamah wrote:
(I LOVE LE' TOUCAN) but did not know GGG forbade him..

Congratulations.

You learned something.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
I actually like seeing a "le toucan" every once in a while.

I LOVE it when it gets posted all fucked up and comes out as a blob of white bricks.

I would rather all the spam bots get replaced by toucanners, raining salters, flashbangers, etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info