Why Fortify isn't the answer

"
How about instead of a separate Fortify support gem, just apply the mod to the melee attack gems?
Would have been the right thing to do but they didnt. Id rather they just remove fortify and decrease monster damage instead, that way everyone gets benefits and they dont have to balance around casters/range whining that they dont get to use it anymore (when they never should have been able to in the first place).
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
"
666lol666 wrote:
Ähm, what? You don't use fortify in your main gemsetup, Use something like shield charge, faster attacks, fortify or wirling blades to apply the buff in a seperate 3l. ^^

Re-read his post, he already said that that requires you to disengage your main attack in order to apply the buff if you do have Fortify associated with a different skill. ie: Your DPS has to stop/drastically reduce periodically if it isn't as a part of your main attack setup.

Every 5 seconds you loose about 0,2 seconds that's only 4% dmg loss you cannot compare that to linking this shit to your main attack. In fact if you use EQ or BV you will not even notice a difference in dmg.

A 4% damage loss or a massive damage loss, the point here being that there will always be a loss in DPS when compared to ranged, which has no need for it. Re-read my post, please. You'll see I addressed exactly what you're saying. You're arguing a point and nobody is arguing against you.
Leap slam is very slow and awkward to use for fortify generation by the way, more so with the buff's short duration.
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
"
666lol666 wrote:
Ähm, what? You don't use fortify in your main gemsetup, Use something like shield charge, faster attacks, fortify or wirling blades to apply the buff in a seperate 3l. ^^

Re-read his post, he already said that that requires you to disengage your main attack in order to apply the buff if you do have Fortify associated with a different skill. ie: Your DPS has to stop/drastically reduce periodically if it isn't as a part of your main attack setup.

Every 5 seconds you loose about 0,2 seconds that's only 4% dmg loss you cannot compare that to linking this shit to your main attack. In fact if you use EQ or BV you will not even notice a difference in dmg.

In the world I play in, when eg. playing hard mods like -max res or vuln + twinned or whatever else you pick to do to help your map pool and have some challenge, it is not even so much about the dmg loss but you as well lose leech (insta leech), lose control like e.g. freeze or stun, etc. You wanna keep your leech and control stuff all the time up and the damage as well.

In high level play and in HC imo it is no option for most builds to have foritify not in main attack.
Last edited by LSN on Sep 28, 2016, 3:22:00 AM
"
LSN wrote:

In the world I play in, when eg. playing hard mods like -max res or vuln + twinned or whatever else you pick to do to help your map pool and have some challenge, it is not even so much about the dmg loss but you as well lose leech (insta leech), lose control like e.g. freeze or stun, etc. You wanna keep your leech and control stuff all the time up and the damage as well.

In high level play and in HC imo it is no option for most builds to have foritify not in main attack.

Come on, I run yolo alch & vaal corrupted maps all day long just to get more maps:
Spoiler

Sadly down to t11-t13 right now. :/

Some of the maps are not even identified when I run them and I use shield-charge, faster attacks, fortify all the time so please spare me the drama. All the chars I'm playing right now are l91-95 so believe it or not I really would hate to die because of the stupid XP-penalty. And for alt-f4 core I don't give a fuck and I'm pretty sure ggg doesn't give a fuck too.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
LSN wrote:

Come on, I run yolo alch & vaal corrupted maps all day long just to get more maps:
Spoiler

Sadly down to t11-t13 right now. :/

Some of the maps are not even identified when I run them and I use shield-charge, faster attacks, fortify all the time so please spare me the drama. All the chars I'm playing right now are l91-95 so believe it or not I really would hate to die because of the stupid XP-penalty. And for alt-f4 core I don't give a fuck and I'm pretty sure ggg doesn't give a fuck too.

Any build "works" in standard.
"

than why you cant level to 80+?
rus/en, GMT+4
"
HoloPaladin wrote:
"

Not everyone can put 24/7 into games. Also, I only play HC. Also, you wot m8 ?
Last edited by dyneol on Sep 28, 2016, 1:29:55 PM
"
dyneol wrote:

If you had a single high level char you would know that after about lvl. 87 dying is not an option anymore and after reaching about lvl. 92 a standard char need to have as much survivability than a alt-f4-core char.

"
dyneol wrote:
"
HoloPaladin wrote:

Not everyone can put 24/7 into games. Also, I only play HC. Also, you wot m8 ?

Seriously? Joined april 2012, can not put 24/7 into games? It takes about 2-3 days to reach the level of your highest char so 24/7 for 4,5 years maybe is a little exaggeration. ;o)

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
666lol666 wrote:

If you had a single high level char you would know that after about lvl. 87 dying is not an option anymore and after reaching about lvl. 92 a standard char need to have as much survivability than a alt-f4-core char.

I do know about the XP loss. Still, you can effort a death every once in a while and can therefore play completely different. There really is no arguing that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info