What about a dedicated chat for people who aren't so easily offended?

It really makes me wonder sometimes if the job being done by the "24/7" moderators of in game chat does anything besides ensuring users have 0 desire to put any money into their game. It just does not seem like a very lucrative business model banking on the fact that having a nice clean chat will ultimately improve everybody's quality of life and allow POE to flourish. Welcome to the internet, anonymity in the age of trolls and a free game are not a recipe for people who want to talk about their feelings.
So my proposal is that since free will is a thing in this day and age, could someone who isn't afraid of being roasted opt to join a chat channel where he will have no fear of a lurker waiting for him to screw up and use a ban worthy word or phrase in any context , then abusing the report feature to ensure said person receives a ban. This system is fundamentally flawed due to the fact the worst trolls of them all aren't using the chat to have any sort of discussion. They open the window so they can satisfy some sort of need they have to know that their hip and fresh rmb+report skills have led to another user getting chat banned.

That isn't even the part of this whole system that I find flawed, yes this behavior will happen in any part of the internet, so it is to be expected. The part that is hazardous to the overall longevity of POE and it's users is the fact that regular users will inevitably become subject to cumulative chat bans. Bans that from my research will continue to increase unless you can manage to go 6 months without using a word that somebody somewhere can spin as being "highly offensive". Now, before the SJW manages to preach about how so many people don't even open global chat, and all you need to do is make sure to keep it clean, etc. Well, that may be the case for you, but you are but one little blip in the global network of POE users, and in any business opting to turn away possible consumers rather than find a solution to accommodate more users is a bad business model.

My suggestion, is to have a channel dedicated to those people who enjoy being roasted, and realize that they are fully capable of turning the chat room on or off without the help of a cumulative chat ban. I'm sure it would even be easy enough to have a disclaimer menu warning of which chat you are about to enter. And i'm fully open to the fact I may be dreaming and it's been tried and just will not work, however when you see people getting 24 hour bans for using a word that goes from "highly offensive" in one country to asking for a cigarette in another country, in a room with users located all over the world, often times the person guilty of the offence had no intention to hurt anyones feelings, but there is a good chance the time he intended to dedicate to POE will now be spent elsewhere.
Last bumped on Sep 28, 2016, 4:42:39 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Chat moderation other than removing spam is just simply and plain retarded, people have IGNORE option for a reason, not to mention when you are muted you cant create or join public parties, ROFL.
But then again nowaday every company is carebear about people being mean towards eachother than creating a good game, yeah ggg your game started to look like 12 years old modded diablo 2.
Last edited by Spermadzika on Sep 27, 2016, 8:37:55 AM
Can't think of many worse ways to waste money than hiring "moderators" for an online chat.
There are legal reasons, surprisingly. Their chat is not actually moderated - Content isn't reviewed, it has to be flagged first (via Report). There has to be a takedown procedure for content deemed inappropriate by either their user policy or by the law in the areas GGG does business, and that takedown procedure is what you call moderation.

In short, they can't do this or they'll probably get sued.
Besides that, maybe I am old and boring, but I really like the fact that the chat is (somewhat) properly moderated, and all the mental goo produced by certain individuals is removed. I would probably have left the game already if I would have to read insults all the time.

It just makes me wonder why so many people have this urge to be uncivilized. I have never had any problems with chat moderation, and I did just use the chat like I would use any other chat.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
I like the idea of a douchebag channel. +1 OP!
Make it so that if you get muted from normal channels, you can still post in the douchebag channel as well. That way the people in that channel can spam each other and be racist or sexist or threatening or annoying or whatever they like doing, without affecting normal players.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
The simple mention of this will trigger people.
Just keep a window open to 4chan?
How about you think before you type rather than be a dick
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
I mentioned and sugested this before so i am all for this.
I realy dont see any reason why there shouldnt be a channal like this.
If you dont like it well dont go to such a channal,just have a disclaimer before entering.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info