Who exacly thought that nerfing EXP gain is a good idea?

"
Raxik wrote:
So after grinding my ass off to reach 96 in HC, I can't stop wondering which genious in GGG department thought of this idea and why he implemented it TWICE?

Noone notified you that the game ends on 95 ?
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Shit and jokes aside, I do understand why they did it, but why I sarcasticly named GGG guy genious is that if he slowed 0.1% of playerbase that race to 100 from 1 week to 2 weeks, he slowed rest of us from 10 months to 20 months and gained absouletely nothing, because most of people, being aware of that fact or not, are comparing fastest people with themselves, and not just watching how many days or weeks someone needs to get to 100. There is still the same percentage gap between fastest and normal players, while they made endleveling totally absurd.

When you put drastic difference between melee and ranged, and normal builds vs fotms like BV into equation, you just can't get this idea to be a good one from ANY possible angle.

I never reached 100 myself, but it was cool to see someone on friend list do, and I do know that alot of people would give it a shot if they didn't ruined it so much that ppl simply stop at 85, 90, or similiar lvls.

I still didn't reach 96 btw... but if I done same this work with alched and non-rerolled maps before this 2 patches, I'd be at least 90-fucking-8 by now.

I wanted to write simliar question before second exp nerf, but I somehow felt they might see it as failure and return to old state of exp... on my disappointment, they nerfed it even more. Crazy shit.

EDIT:
Did I mention that majority of playerbase are not 20h per day drained zombie alike kids with funny voice playing over twitch and similiar crap? Casual player that plays 1 hour per day and having problem to lvl to 100 fast is okay with me, but I do play maybe even more than I should and I still can't get exp bar to move with t11+ maps with all kinds of hard mods.
Last edited by Raxik on Sep 27, 2016, 8:13:24 AM
exp nerf or exp buff?
what is it?^^
I'd like to see what the curve would be like if maps weren't so luck gated, my highest is 86 this league and i'm just rotating alts around because i'm so tired of running tier 8s getting 30mil/hr. The content is there to get 90 in a reasonable timeframe you just have to trade a bit too heavily for my liking to get there.

The grind from 90 to 100 does put me off even attempting it though, and I plan all my chars to stop at 90 because its so tedious past that point.

that might be the point or it might just be a waste of content i'm not sure. It certainly makes sense to have long~ish scaling for softcore but for hardcore your endpoint is always RIP, 100 is just a bonus.
"
brunowa wrote:
If you're at 96 you've already completed the game and done all content. So slower leveling is the only thing extra to do.

PS no one is forcing you to get to 97.

This is the same old and sick comment for just about everything in PoE. Here are just a few:

1. Level 90 is the real goal. Anything pasted that is optional.
2. Labyrinth is optional.
3. Ascendancy points are optional thus trials are optional.
4. Last league it was prophacys are optional.
5. This time it's essences are optional.

Blah, blah, blah. Ok, so that makes playing PoE at all optional and along with this twisted wrong thinking buying mtx is most certainly OPTIONAL for a free-to-play game. I hear this all the time and I'm sick and tired of these oh so troll lame responses.

We really do need to question GGG's sanity here. We all have known forever that the only thing in the endgame is infinite maps and the leveling up process as exp is slowly accrued for millions of creatures killed. That is it as we run map after map and the "once in a blue moon" great unique drop. Let's see now... ah yes...

"
A Full Moon occurs roughly every 29.5 days and on the rare occasions when the Full Moon falls at the very beginning of a month there is a good chance a Blue Moon will occur at the end of the month. According to this definition the next Blue Moon will occur on January 31, 2018.

That pretty well sums it up for GGG on how they set the RNG drop rates for endgame gear. Somebody at GGG decided a couple of years ago to increase leveling uniques a little and nerf the endgame uniques. That reflects my many tabs of low level uniques and extremely few high endgame useful uniques for standard league SC.

So GGG thinks allowing the time unlimited players (players formerly known as no-lifers... careful, the PoE etiquette police are watching us) to race a build to 100 < 1 month is bad and the only way to stop their rapid ascent is to keep nerfing exp and this time it's the nerf hammer for levels 95+. So far it's working as with less than 1 week until October 2nd there are only single digits of level 100 builds. If GGG is riding the insanity train to hell infinity and beyond then there will be more exp nerfs coming until not 1 single player will be able to 24/7 grind their way to level 100 < 1 month. Then after that if it occurs we'll all scream that he used a bot to grind exp 24/7. More insanity... oh what fun it is to ride the insanity train!

Wow, GGG has certainly gone off the rails with the nerfing madness of late and it didn't surprise me at all to see in the patch notes for AoW a nerf to exp from 95+. One could get the distinct impression that GGG abhors seeing the number 100 on the ladders. It must be their version of 666 or something.

GGG must really believe that we all think "YEA!!!... finally a level 100 build... game over... I quit". After all, what else is there to explain the exp. nerfs this year?

A level 100 build could have been viewed by GGG as 1/7th of a grand goal for players to get level 100 on all 7 classes and then for GGG to make that the final goal with a super grand prize and a ladder to show all 7 classes at level 100. But no, GGG has to whip out the nerf hammer again and reduce exp again. Some high profile PoE streamers have already quit over this and if GGG continues riding this insanity train it'll kill off many more PoE loyalists.

Such a shame that this nerf madness is infecting GGG. Must be a side effect of virtue gems. Hmmm... has anyone see a resent photo of Chris? Has he had virtue gems implanted in his body and has gone nerf insane and is taking PoE down? I wonder....  :)
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
That was exactly the right decision for slowing down the people who like to race to 100, it doesn't effect the other 99% of the players who are happy with reaching 95.

Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
if your build need to be 100, change your build ^^!. If you like play to PoE, i don't understand the probleme you need play more. The issue is that every people want every thing quickly.
"
Chaoticmess wrote:
I could deal with the slow levelling and to an extent I expect it the higher the level my character goes. What I don't like about this game is the peak of progress made after around lvl 80 in terms of gear.

I understand that RNG can be a hard mistress too but when you play for weeks and months and have nothing useful or tradable drop in that time you can use to further advance your character it becomes very depressive as well as harder and harder to find the will to continue on gaining a higher level.

I don't understand uniques at all. Put simply there shit. After playing for a while now I've come up with a simple formula on figuring out whether or not a unique is any good or valuable. Uniques = amazing and highly valuable until they drop for me. Once they do I know there one of the many shit ones and can add it to the pile with all the others.

Rares and crafting are a joke. Once you reach a certain threshold of stats you've pretty much hit a wall unless you can somehow pull 5+ exalts out of your ass and buy something from another player that has the better stats you want without having to lose something in the process like all your resistances or half your dps in order to gain an extra 200 life.

It's called path of exile not path of exiles or path of reroll. I want to play the game not 500 different chars up till level 70 then start another one. I like my time invested to build up to something not hit an artificial wall and be left hanging, struggling to gain the next level while wearing what feels like a flimsy hospital gown rather than a warriors set of mighty armour by the time I'm doing mid-tier maps and level 85.

Stop me from levelling up by all means but give me somewhere else to go in regards to gear and character progression. Otherwise what's the point in me playing past level 70? Except to stop, reroll another character and do the same thing with that one and then another and another every couple of days for no real rhyme or reason.

It sounds like you're just mad because you don't know what uniques are valuable, and what uniques are vendor trash. You also apparently don't know what affixes make a rare valuable, and what affixes are worthless. If you knew these things, I bet you would realize that you have had PLENTY of trade-able items drop. Also... 5+ EXALTS. WHOA. THATS SO MUCH. How can any player reasonably accumulate that much wealth? There are always ways to min-max your gear further. Something tells me that if you are making a big deal about 5 ex, then you have PLENTY of room to improve gear.
U MAD?
Seems to me there are plenty [Removed by Support] that never tried any of the hard bosses, or did them with 1 portal remaining in Standard, and play only transmuted safe blue t1-9 maps.

Let me burst your bubble: aside with general defences in the game, PoE makes HUGE difference when you overlevel smtn, and there is HUGE difference between lvl 90 and lvl 95 and lvl 100 when attempting endgame bosses unless your build is some utter cheese fotm shit. Or even if you play hard mods on t10,11+ maps.

Yes, I want lvl 100 for my personal achievment, yes in hard core I'd feel lot more comfortable to take on Shaper or Guardians on lvl 98 or 99 or 100 than on 90.

And yes, I know lot of people think alike.

If you are satisfied with lvl 90 and your game ends there, you should ignore this topic and stop tainting my eyes with bullshit, since it's pretty clear the theme is exp nerf (which occurs at lvl 95, long out of your reach).

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Alexcc_GGG on Sep 27, 2016, 11:46:18 AM
Ya I don't even bother with asking or discussing it anymore. I just simply have no plans to buy a Supporter pack again (maybe consider if PvP, but they need to fix a lot of shit before I do).

GGG will never answer the question directly, then even before that you have a firewall of purists to get through. So it's not productive discussion regardless. I don't have a guild that does maps 24/7, I don't play "omgopop" meta builds, and I thought at my pace the 2.3 XP rate was still reasonable for solo players. But axing the rate again was pretty shit.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Sep 27, 2016, 11:27:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info