Creeping Agony made me never use Sextants again.

So they said Sextants never apply negative-only mods to maps, its goin to be a balance.

SO lets see, I used a master sextant on t12 necropolis and got creeping agony.

Its a AOE degen that follows you around the map.

It does about 1000 damage/s, it can stack unlimited amount of times, totally blocking the map exit for example (try running through 4 agonys stack over another),
they sometimes becomes invisible and still damage you,
they make your minions/golems burn and then prolif the ignite to you.
they basically disable your ES regen for the entire map because of that and the fact that they block every door in necropolis...

This enchant makes the map totally unplayable for any ES character and even life based chars will struggle a lot, its is absolutely no fun to watch that thing follow you,
you cant even loot stuff because that thing blocks you from doing so...

It also makes a lot of mapmods no longer playable on that map like reduced or no regen mods, chilled or shocked ground and so on...

And for all that trouble, limitation and annoyance and 10x increase in likeliness to RIP I get 20% increased quantity.
Which doesnt do anything, because its not packsize...

So instead of dealing with shit like that, I just not gonna use sextants anymore.

Working as intented?

And btw. here is a simple suggestion.

1. Remove the creeping agony thing entirely
2. Convert any quantity bonus from sextants into packsize bonus and make them actually become relevant...

cheers
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.
Last edited by KalHirol on Sep 27, 2016, 4:02:38 AM
Last bumped on Sep 29, 2016, 10:08:02 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
they said Sextants never apply negative-only mods to maps

what? almost all sextants i used was with negative-only effect. (or +20 iir is making shit like in you post is not negative-only?)
i stopped use it too. Cant see any beneficts from sextants.
rus/en, GMT+4
agony sux.
unid map's iiq sux too. since its quite hard to get unid maps outside of trading.
agony would be interesting for like +100 iir/iiq maybe. but atm its crap :P
Also definitely need a way to remove sextant mod. or overwrite it by another sextant.
"
Shadokil wrote:
agony sux.
unid map's iiq sux too. since its quite hard to get unid maps outside of trading.
Also definitely need a way to remove sextant mod. or overwrite it by another sextant.

Zana has at least 1 Unid Rare map everyday if you didn't know that... that's pretty much how i complete that challenge ;ast league and this league anyway.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Its nothing like difficult to get unid maps, trading is irrelevant.
You can even use recipes ...
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
KalHirol wrote:
So they said Sextants never apply negative-only mods to maps, its goin to be a balance.

SO lets see, I used a master sextant on t12 necropolis and got creeping agony.

Its a AOE degen that follows you around the map.

It does about 1000 damage/s, it can stack unlimited amount of times, totally blocking the map exit for example (try running through 4 agonys stack over another),
they sometimes becomes invisible and still damage you,
they make your minions/golems burn and then prolif the ignite to you.
they basically disable your ES regen for the entire map because of that and the fact that they block every door in necropolis...

This enchant makes the map totally unplayable for any ES character and even life based chars will struggle a lot, its is absolutely no fun to watch that thing follow you,
you cant even loot stuff because that thing blocks you from doing so...

It also makes a lot of mapmods no longer playable on that map like reduced or no regen mods, chilled or shocked ground and so on...

And for all that trouble, limitation and annoyance and 10x increase in likeliness to RIP I get 20% increased quantity.
Which doesnt do anything, because its not packsize...

So instead of dealing with shit like that, I just not gonna use sextants anymore.

Working as intented?

And btw. here is a simple suggestion.

1. Remove the creeping agony thing entirely
2. Convert any quantity bonus from sextants into packsize bonus and make them actually become relevant...

cheers

I agree completely.

I've actually created two threads about those issues already - hopefully someone from GGG noticed them and this one as well.

Some mechanics may look cool on Paper (remember Phylacteral Link Bloodlines ?) but they turn out horribly game-hindering and anti-fun in the end, Creeping Agony is a prime example.

I just hope that this mechanic gets either completely overhauled or removed alltogether, because I can honestly say, that any map with this mod is genuinely ruined for me - not only in terms of fun, but also overall gameplay wise.

As long as Creeping Agony in it's current state is a "thing", Sextants are unusable to me.
"
Demonoz wrote:
"
Shadokil wrote:
agony sux.

Zana has at least 1 Unid Rare map everyday if you didn't know that... that's pretty much how i complete that challenge ;ast league and this league anyway.

man i mean sextant mod unid maps has 30incr iiq .:P
"
Shadokil wrote:
"
Demonoz wrote:
"
Shadokil wrote:
agony sux.

man i mean sextant mod unid maps has 30incr iiq .:P

And he said that you can buy unid maps from Zana.
3 rare maps, all same base = 1 unid rare map, 1 tier higher

Haven't checked which maps it is this time but last league i alched/vendored a ton of low level maps and then sold those unid maps needed for the challenge.
d:-D*
is this after the change or is that still coming? used a sextant once was like this is garbage and I've still only ever found 4 of them.
S L O W E R

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info