Screw ten acts.

"
This would make the quest content more difficult, thus less boring than it is now.

It would not.
People would farm easy zone to do hard content fast and easy. Grinding one zone is not fun. Leveling now is Ok becasue it does almost not require any grinding.

People would also argue that content is hard, look what we had on forum when GG released act 4 and lab.

Now we are going to get 9,5 act instead of 11,5. I like this change.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Sep 27, 2016, 3:15:04 AM
"
D623932883 wrote:
Regarding the development manifesto posted here...

I can't even be happy about the removal of Cruel at this point. Seriously sick of running through these stale acts just to get to the real start of the game. Just cut both Normal and Cruel for god's sake. Why do we need to keep one difficulty to practically run straight through?

And for most players (that actually play) the game doesn't even start until maps, which is now this massive atlas that rivals multiple acts in content.

I know GGG won't do this, but I'm still gonna post it.
your opinion is sad... they are litterally about to add 1 act to each difficult removing 1 difficulty and reducing the maximum difficulty count from the current 12 to 10, this should reduce the length of the storymode and provide less repetition of the same contents and yet even tho they are doing all of this you are crying about them removing another act reducing the max count by 7 from the current 12 resulting in a 5 act progression which should equil about 50 levels until you reach mapping. by update 4.0 and 5.0 they will probably have another 2 or 3 acts to provide which will be slightly longer then the current once resulting in a 8 act difficulty, this means you should be able to level up to 60+ before you reach mapping.
I usually do not read popular posts again after i made a comment on it, unless it's one of my own. I wish to have a Black robed Grim Reaper micro set in game one day, grant my wish, GGG
Because inside of maps you aren't leveling.

Stale leveling, boring, can't level alts aka I've got burned out, and instead of taking a break, I'll blame GGG for everything.

If you don't want to play the game, just fucking don't. While I understand that early levels are kinda bothersome because of the slow pace, at level, say, 20, you start leveling up as usual.
Why it is somehow more interesting to level up at 80 in maps, than it is in early game at level 20 is beyond me. You're killing monsters, getting items, allocating points. Yes, acts are far easier, and usually can be rushed quickly... but isn't it good, then? :D

You'll have to level up one way or another, doesn't matter if in maps, some weird Ledge you are proposing, or simply in acts. Do you really want PoE to turn into D3's max level in few hours? How well did their system work out?
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
I REALLY HOPE YOU ARE JOKING

or else the PoE community is really stupid
Another day , Another chaos
It's sad to see how through the years the game turned into a MMO and got filled with the appropriate player base.

I cheer the incoming rework in relation to the new act, as this kind of archaic "three difficulty" system is outdated.
My concerns are the mindset of the developers and the player base, who both consider story line nothing but a necessary chore on your way to maps.
If game was hard, challenging and rewarding within the story line and maps working just as a filler to spend some time into when you got nothing else to do, would make more sense.
Anyone remember the times when mobs within the campaign hit like trucks, thus urging you to develop the character appropriately through leveling? When farming bosses and mobs gave you rewards in return? Blasphemy, simplify everything, cut the drops, cheer the player to skip all and farm DL until you get tendovaginitis, then transit to maps where shit actually drops.

The current state of playing the game is rush->skip content->rush->farm a zone until your eyes bleed->rush->skip content->infinite maps

GGG are trying to please both the ultra casuals who never touch maps, and the botlike map grinders, at the same time. Unlikely to happen.
That's why a player "should watch TV while playing" and maps are gated and a clustefuck of oneshots.

This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
I would like to have maps without "maps".

I mean, like regular storyline without entry items,
based on progress, on atlas..
Could be modified somehow like before, but the actual mods would "disappear"/reset,
with the exact same reset as regular story places do (10-15 minutes / closing portals when out)

But ofcourse unique maps would still be entry-item based (maps/fragments)
like vaults of atziri, hallowed ground..
and real end-stuff like guardians, shaper etc..

But the others like low-mid tier maps that could be modified..
should be accessible without maps.
(once again.. still modifiable, but only for an actual usage time till resets)

..or is it too hardcore?
"
Char1983 wrote:
Then again, maps do not offer challenge if you got the right build either. So, where is the difference? You can clear maps faster because you get better at 1-shotting stuff and have faster movement speed, but besides that...?

I don't understand the point you are trying to make. Because you could hypothetically trivialize maps with some builds, that means early difficulties being trivial is a moot point?

"
Perq wrote:
Because inside of maps you aren't leveling.

Stale leveling, boring, can't level alts aka I've got burned out, and instead of taking a break, I'll blame GGG for everything.

If you don't want to play the game, just fucking don't. While I understand that early levels are kinda bothersome because of the slow pace, at level, say, 20, you start leveling up as usual.
Why it is somehow more interesting to level up at 80 in maps, than it is in early game at level 20 is beyond me. You're killing monsters, getting items, allocating points. Yes, acts are far easier, and usually can be rushed quickly... but isn't it good, then? :D

You'll have to level up one way or another, doesn't matter if in maps, some weird Ledge you are proposing, or simply in acts. Do you really want PoE to turn into D3's max level in few hours? How well did their system work out?

First, let me just make it clear that I do want to play the game. I just want to play the part of the game that actually matters.

There are a lot of problems with leveling that makes it a rather pointless experience, at least for me, an avid player of the game for years. It is these things that make it a lot different than end-game maps:

1.) There is no challenge. GGG adds little things here and there each league to spice things up, but ultimately the story-line zones and bosses remain the same. Compare this to the new atlas, where you have dozens of zones and bosses that vary in difficulty and experience because of various randomized properties.

2.) You are better off skipping content and not even killing things. The way leveling works now all you do is skip everything but blue packs that get in your way. If you don't, you quickly over-level content. And while you could do a corrupted zone or a master mission, nothing of value will drop in that zone, and you are better off just doing the master missions later, when they give more meaningful exp. How is this a worthwhile play experience?

3.) Items have no value. I really just cannot stress how big this one is. Almost everything you could acquire while leveling is worthless. Obviously rares don't have value. And no low level unique has any value either, not that they even drop... They don't really begin to drop until you are in maps with crazy IIR/IIQ, at which point you don't even want them. Many times now GGG has had opportunities to improve on this, but they seem to be staunchly opposed to the idea. A good example would be Divinations cards: Despite being mere fractions of things, if you look into it you'll find that most of them have drop restrictions of Merciless or in maps.

These things combined just turn the game into a joyless trek to maps.
Yea remove all the acts. Who cares about that exile. Just let us start with our hideout, a few maps and a Zana.

Such entitled.

Hint: you are not at all representative of the player base.
Having one difficulty with a lot of acts and such would be more interesting, might even force a rework of the outdated and terrible resistances system.
Give people a hand and they'll want the entire arm.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info