looking for build ideas...

HI all,

im getting really bored now with my crit facebreaker totems build and I want to try something new.
I know there are a lot of build for the "go to" skills, and I think i checked quite a few, but i still not anywhere closer to fining something nice.

to make it easier here are some skill ( that i could remeber from the top of my head) i dont want to play (as i either did a build(s) with them or just not liking the skill):

ranged:
LA,TS. barrage, split arrow, ROA, burning arrow, Siege ballistas,

melee:
cyclone, flicker, BV, lacerate, eq, totems, reave

caster:
arc, fireball, ED, ice spear, FP, flameblast, incinerate, frostball, vortex, ball lightning, firestorm, kinetic blast, RF

that it for now, if i remember more i will add them to the list. Anyhow I would be gratefuf for any ideas, better yet if there is a build guide that i could check out for inspiration and to see if this could work or not.

EDIT1: the playstyle i was looking for is either a large aoe clearer or fast and agile char, that compensate the lack of aoe with speed

Thanks

"
Drahnier123 wrote:
Duel Ichimonji Cleave guardian

get 100% increased aura effectiveness(every node on tree, 2xichimonji, guardian aura effectiveness, this should double the free guardian phys% resist
which is massive!), +10 all max res from all purties, Run 10 aura,3 herald, Arctic armour.

Damage comes from running Anger,Wrath at 100% increased effectiveness and Herald of Ice/lightning, also Mantra of flames Jewel with 15 buffs(could add more I'm sure).

Tank as fuck with all those auras, tons of free regen/vitality aura, take Zealots Oath. You will be able to regen tank t16 bosses. If you need more tank you can pick up endurance charges as you path by all of them anyway, Guardian gets bonus from using enduring cry.

Build needs to be blood magic to run all those auras and you are zealots oath so full Elreon jewelery set.

Need cheap attack with Aoe that scales well with attackspeed, go cleave
Cleave WED,Elemental focus,Faster attacks,multistrike.

Only expensive required item is Shav's wrappings, Shapers touch might be good as you do a lot of stat point pathing to pick up every Aura node on the tree, Use Alpha's Howl.
Prismweave belt might be good until you get a gg Crystal belt

Really like this idea, its kinda edge but old school at the same time, thanks!

YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Last edited by Miazga on Sep 27, 2016, 2:54:44 AM
Last bumped on Sep 27, 2016, 7:14:42 AM
Have you identified any playstyle that you do like?

One skill gem that isn't on your list would be Storm Call. I like how powerful it feels - the downside of the delay allows the game developers to give it more damage per hit than most other spells. You can use Less Duration to lessen the downside, but I like the tactical feeling of playing around the downside.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Infernal Blow or Essence Drain
Look, man. Video games are hard, okay?
Currently i'm trying really hard to find a way to make lightning-cluster-trap-minefield tremor rod saboteur work. lay 3 mine that each pop out 4 aimed traps (twice).

I used to run ascendant because 50% pierce on deadeye but that's history so yeah ... no idea if you like the thought of it and if it will be even viable in end game (played to 3rd act merciless with her) but it's incredible how fun this is! Works with ice trap as well, but is less awesome imo.
Last edited by Scherge on Sep 26, 2016, 5:47:40 PM
*Looks at huge list of "I dun' wanna!" skills*

...uhh...

Hm.

Elemental Hit, maybe?

You're not really leaving anyone much in the way of room to work here, man. Making crapsauce low-tier skills work can be done, but people don't tend to put together elaborate video guides for it.

I mean, you really wanna be a total screwball? A'ight...Necromancer Detonate Dead totem(s), w/Desecrate.

I would be surprised if anyone had ever made a go of that one. Poooossssibly for a reason, though.

get 100% increased aura effectiveness(every node on tree, 2xichimonji, guardian aura effectiveness, this should double the free guardian phys% resist
which is massive!), +10 all max res from all purties, Run 10 aura,3 herald, Arctic armour.

Damage comes from running Anger,Wrath at 100% increased effectiveness and Herald of Ice/lightning, also Mantra of flames Jewel with 15 buffs(could add more I'm sure).

Tank as fuck with all those auras, tons of free regen/vitality aura, take Zealots Oath. You will be able to regen tank t16 bosses. If you need more tank you can pick up endurance charges as you path by all of them anyway, Guardian gets bonus from using enduring cry.

Build needs to be blood magic to run all those auras and you are zealots oath so full Elreon jewelery set.

Only expensive required item is Shav's wrappings, Shapers touch might be good as you do a lot of stat point pathing to pick up every Aura node on the tree, Use Alpha's Howl.
Prismweave belt might be good until you get a gg Crystal belt
Last edited by Drahnier123 on Sep 26, 2016, 6:11:02 PM
"
Drahnier123 wrote:

Only expensive required item is Shav's wrappings, Shapers touch might be good as you do a lot of stat point pathing to pick up every Aura node on the tree

Or as necromancer for 20% increased effect of offerings on you and the sick aura synergy
Hmmm... hyaon's fury static strike raider; staff based grasp of the empire crit ice crash inquisitor; (here the REALLY strange/expensive stuff starts) rigwald's command+rigwald's savagery cleave raider with snakebite for poison; unarmed crit build; "Spanish inquisition" build (dominating blow inquisitor); blast rain necromancer with null's inclination; necromancer using minion instability, necromantic aegis, maligaro's lens, beacon of corruption, raise zombie, summon skeleton totems, umbilicus immortalis and coruscating elixir; any of the above, but with 4 or 5 inspired learning jewels for the pseudo headhunter feeling.
I hope I could give you an idea or two.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
I was trying a cluster-bear trap split arrow deadeye with chaining but I couldn't get it to work right. It could be fun if you can get the pieces to fit together well.

wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
"
1453R wrote:

Elemental Hit, maybe?

You're not really leaving anyone much in the way of room to work here, man. Making crapsauce low-tier skills work can be done, but people don't tend to put together elaborate video guides for it.

I mean, you really wanna be a total screwball? A'ight...Necromancer Detonate Dead totem(s), w/Desecrate.

I would be surprised if anyone had ever made a go of that one. Poooossssibly for a reason, though.

Elemental Hit....mmmm, yeah its so hard to do anything with it. I tired, believe me, the mana cost is to high for it, and it lacks aoe potential.
Dual exploding dead totems....thats edge indeed...I see that it maybe a problem to make it.

"
FCK42 wrote:
Hmmm... hyaon's fury static strike raider; staff based grasp of the empire crit ice crash inquisitor; (here the REALLY strange/expensive stuff starts) rigwald's command+rigwald's savagery cleave raider with snakebite for poison; unarmed crit build; "Spanish inquisition" build (dominating blow inquisitor); blast rain necromancer with null's inclination; necromancer using minion instability, necromantic aegis, maligaro's lens, beacon of corruption, raise zombie, summon skeleton totems, umbilicus immortalis and coruscating elixir; any of the above, but with 4 or 5 inspired learning jewels for the pseudo headhunter feeling.
I hope I could give you an idea or two.

Awesome, I like the ideas here already, they seems like some complex off the wall kind of builds, just up my alley.
TBH i did something similar to "Spanish Inquisitor" way way back on marauder, it was fun to run with a whole bunch of minions and smash things :)

"
I was trying a cluster-bear trap split arrow deadeye with chaining but I couldn't get it to work right. It could be fun if you can get the pieces to fit together well.

wolf

intersting, I did few trap builds in the past. My question would be - why split arrow deadeye ? do this suppose to be a trapper build or a ranger build?
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Last edited by Miazga on Sep 27, 2016, 3:04:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info